Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

A few reasonably heavy showers with a more torrential one at around 3:20 and thunder was heard around an hour ago, probably from the shower that TWS and NL had.

Tomorrow I highly doubt will be a sunshine and shower day for this area, too me any rainfall will be dynamic so I imagine it will be a day like Northern Ireland had of grey skies and moderate/heavy rain. Saturday and Sunday may provide something though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

send it my way all we have had is rain

I guess it will make it your way it's moving up from the South and heading North maybe you will have it in the next hour or so.

Posted

I guess it will make it your way it's moving up from the South and heading North maybe you will have it in the next hour or so.

hope so its getting darker here will prob turn to rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Northern France now has storms which are on course for the south coast if they survive the Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Thunderstorm is now over Darlington, we've got all 3 Heavy Rain, Lightening and Thunder

yeah I have been watching those showers intensify as they head into the northeast. How frequent is the thunder?

Posted

Had one rumble of thunder about 10 mins ago at the start of what appears to be a very instense shower now approaching me from the SW. Rainfall is increasing in intensity as I am typing this message but so far no more thunder.

Edited by nimbus20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

yeah I have been watching those showers intensify as they head into the northeast. How frequent is the thunder?

It was every few minutes, it seems to have passed us now and is moving up North, only light rain now and it's starting to brighten up.

Edit

Just heard thunder again as it's moving away from us

Edited by Gavin D

Posted

Another rumble of thunder as the shower is now passing over me. Heavy rain falling too, and radar shows more to come.

Posted

It was every few minutes, it seems to have passed us now and is moving up North, only light rain now and it's starting to brighten up.

Edit

Just heard thunder again as it's moving away from us

I can hear distant thunder now from my south and looking at the band of showers they have definately intensified on the western edge too. Hope it doesn't die out by the time it reaches me!

Another rumble of thunder as the shower is now passing over me. Heavy rain falling too, and radar shows more to come.

Noticed those, enjoy :drinks:

Posted

Rain has ceased and skies are clearing now. The worst appears to have gone to the east of me, but if the radar is to be believed it should still be raining at least.

I can hear distant thunder now from my south and looking at the band of showers they have definately intensified on the western edge too. Hope it doesn't die out by the time it reaches me!

Noticed those, enjoy :drinks:

Thanks. Am keeping an eye open on these as things do seem to be beginning to die down

Edited by nimbus20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just heard the first rumble to my south yahoo.gif

Posted

Just heard the first rumble to my south yahoo.gif

Was it not a plane Alza :rolleyes: kidding, but I think the worst or best of the shower is gonna pass to the east of us and probably over Sunderland area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A few reasonably heavy showers with a more torrential one at around 3:20 and thunder was heard around an hour ago, probably from the shower that TWS and NL had.

Tomorrow I highly doubt will be a sunshine and shower day for this area, too me any rainfall will be dynamic so I imagine it will be a day like Northern Ireland had of grey skies and moderate/heavy rain. Saturday and Sunday may provide something though.

GFS precipitation and CAPE/LI charts suggest frontal rain tomorrow morning but turning more showery in the afternoon with similar CAPE/LI values to today's, so I'm envisaging a rather grey, slow start followed by some more fireworks during late afternoon and evening.

Posted

You can buy tablet in Boots to help cure that :whistling:

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Generally light to moderate showers only today and pretty boring. Tomorrow looks similar, perhaps a slightly higher storm risk here but it seems the action keeps starting North and East of here.

Posted

Generally light to moderate showers only today and pretty boring. Tomorrow looks similar, perhaps a slightly higher storm risk here but it seems the action keeps starting North and East of here.

Really? I've had some extremely heavy showers today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

whats that beefy line approaching the south east from france on precipitation radar? any thundery activity? and any chance itll hit near norwich where im working till tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This is getting unbelievable now. The storms pass over then gain intensity or lose it before hitting. Not just today either its happening over and over again. Must be a storm shield over Leeds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

3 rumbles to my east in the last 10 minutes, just a moderate rain shower here though.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Going darker and darker!

Posted

Been down to Northampton today on business. Passed through some very hefty showers on the way home, notably just N of Birmingham. Got home and the kids have told me it has been thundering here and we've had hail too. Add to this the Meto warning for the NW tomorrow it has certainly been an interesting week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Managed to catch all of that boringness on time lapse so my cameras pointing East at the moment

the cells heading up the M5 took the more scenic route to the south of Brum ( avoiding the junction to the M6 no doubt :lol: )

Always tomorrow :pardon: