Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

IMG00012-20110707-1414-1.jpg

This was the beauty that was directly over my house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have had 2 torrential downpours in the last couple of hours. Now dead calm and very dark and have heard thunder twice to my southwest under positively black skies.

Posted

Completely dried up here, quick downpour earlier, but seems most of the activity is N and E of here now.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Currently in what I would call a biblical downpour - absolutely powering down with rain outside with the driveway quickly covering with water. No more thunder heard though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Have had 2 torrential downpours in the last couple of hours. Now dead calm and very dark and have heard thunder twice to my southwest under positively black skies.

Sat at work in Nailsea and its been tipping down for a fair while, not heard any thunder but I did notice there has been some looking at the radar, and your report confirms it.

Got the window open at work but its difficult to hear whether there is any thunder or not with all the traffic.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

beach_hut_billowing_skies_by_neiluk-d3l9sqk.jpg

:drinks:

Very nice photo. I feel that you can see alot more detail in a black and white photo compared to a colour one.

Posted

Well that was fun!!! Just got all the kids out for sports day and it absolutely chucked it down twice. Got soaked right through. Almost monsoon like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looks like the midlands are getting a few strikes. Not much happening in this area at the moment but there is plenty of time yet.. I hope

Posted

Well looks like the Selby and District shield is holding out again this summer lol only had 1 sprinkling shower 3 weeks ago for 10 mins and thats it...its ruining our saturday footy teams pitch :S

Posted

Some of the heaviest rain o have seen in years! Absolutely torrential, and I always say whm you get the weather get out and enjoy it, so there's me running round the town - everyone must of thought I was mad!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very nice Neil!

Seems to be panning out pretty much as the information to hand this morning. Lots of rain, heavy at times and in places with a bit of thunder and some blustery moments. All we need is a bit more electricity later in the evening :pardon:

Well to me the showers have been pretty well scattered, with few thunderstorms.

The majority of E&W mostly dry this afternoon (below 1mm).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

looks like these cells down Bristol way will trundle up the M5 and arrive around Brum for peak convection time :clap:

still heard no thunder here (Couldn't hear over the din of them bloody Swifts :whistling: )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Looking out my window at blue skies with big fluffy white clouds & it's very breezy but that's it. We had our torrential rain this morning - 4mm in an hour according to my weather station although it felt like much more than that to me! 8mm total in last 24 hours.

Keep the storm reports & photo's coming - they're making me very jealous but I enjoy them anyway :whistling:

Posted

Seems to be quite dry air in Wales atm, very few showers there at all, so I think Cheshire/Liverpool/Manchester have probably seen the worst of today.

Posted

looks like these cells down Bristol way will trundle up the M5 and arrive around Brum for peak convection time :clap:

still heard no thunder here (Couldn't hear over the din of them bloody Swifts :whistling: )

Hopefully! I'm

more than happy with what I have had already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

It looks like there's a thunderstorm just offshore from Tynemouth now - it looks bad on the radar and the clouds certainly are black over there. Only heard one distant rumble today, slightly disappointing, but I can't complain after the Summer I've had so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Some exceedingly heavy showers between 12 - 2pm - got caught on the southern bypass round Norwich - visibility zero. Haven't seen rain like that for months!!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

It looks like there's a thunderstorm just offshore from Tynemouth now - it looks bad on the radar and the clouds certainly are black over there. Only heard one distant rumble today, slightly disappointing, but I can't complain after the Summer I've had so far!

Just goes to show what a few miles make, I heard around a dozen thunderclaps and saw a couple IC flashes , just like the other day when you had multiple strikes and many claps and I saw one strike and only a few rumbles. Also the thunderstorm was accompanied with decent sized hail around 1-1.5cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just goes to show what a few miles make, I heard around a dozen thunderclaps and saw a couple IC flashes , just like the other day when you had multiple strikes and many claps and I saw one strike and only a few rumbles. Also the thunderstorm was accompanied with decent sized hail around 1-1.5cm.

Similar story here in Cleadon- a dark cumulus congestus sprouted right up into Cb and gave a sudden gush of rain and hail, and I saw a couple of IC flashes to the north as it moved away. It's turning out to be a remarkable "sunshine and showers" spell here so far, and at least three more days of it to come!

Posted

Those batch Of showers over Northern France might just get further north and catch the South East tip of Kent?

What are there chances of surviving the channel though?

Hopefully rain has stopped for me as I'm playing cricket tonight and we are already 3 weeks behind due to the storms and rain.....but hey if it means we get another good lightening show.... What the hell lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Just had some hail and thunder at last ; no lightning yet though

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Thunderstorm is now over Darlington, we've got all 3 Heavy Rain, Lightening and Thunder

Posted

Thunderstorm is now over Darlington, we've got all 3 Heavy Rain, Lightening and Thunder

send it my way all we have had is rain