Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

9 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

Thunderstorm in Edinburgh. D= AGAIN!

i know ,cant belive my luck yahoo.gifseems to be more heading this way aswell hehe

Thunderstorm in Edinburgh. D= AGAIN!

i know ,cant belive my luck yahoo.gifseems to be more heading this way aswell hehe

Posted

I've gone five years without storms and then suddenly two in two days! Hell yes. Ugh I don't even have my camera any more to go take photos fuuuuuuuu I hate living in this basement flat I can't see ANYTHING

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

A rack of thunder showers making a B-line for Tyne & Wear currently. Thunder was heard several times from a cell that passed through 15 mins ago accompanied with hail and torrential rain. Looking like a lively afternoon/evening here....again... in the NE..!!

I'm running time-lapse of these storms passing through and if they're any good I'll stick em on here later.

Posted

I've gone five years without storms and then suddenly two in two days! Hell yes. Ugh I don't even have my camera any more to go take photos fuuuuuuuu I hate living in this basement flat I can't see ANYTHING

lol been so storm starved here i was like a wee kid in a sweet shop yesterday,the neighbours must have thought id lost the plot laugh.gif

enjoy it while it lasts,prob be another 5 years before we get another storm lol

Posted

lol been so storm starved here i was like a wee kid in a sweet shop yesterday,the neighbours must have thought id lost the plot laugh.gif

enjoy it while it lasts,prob be another 5 years before we get another storm lol

I was the same. I was on my way back from Cupar and we were driving across the Forth Road Bridge and lighting hit it as we were driving across I literally was like "ZOMYFGOD STORMS LET ME AT THEM!" and Spent the next hour it took us to get in to the city center explaing and teaching my flatmate how it all worked and then we got caught trying to get back to our flat in all the flooding chaos. I'm just hoping anything that comes through today isn't as high precip because the city just wont be able to take it.

Edited by sammie

Posted

Thunderstorm in Ashington at the moment flash and BANG

Live cam is on still www.livestream.com/ecmlcam postcode for cam is NE23

TONY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Aforementioned shower missed completely so washing back out again.

The east of East Anglia is slowly becoming one of the worst places for storms these days...bring back the 1980s! wallbash.gif

Posted

Flash flood in Gorgie Road at Saughton park Edinburgh., water coming out manhole covers, junction under water! Going to be another busy day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Some cracking Thunder happening just now - impressive on the decibel scale.

Skies are just loaded and very unstable at the moment.

Posted

Yesterday here the showers we're blowing from east to west and we missed them...........today they are blowing west to east and we're still missing them! Can't believe 2 days in a row we might be that unlucky

Edited by NUT

Posted

Rumbling about the Inverness area, heavy rain (well drizzle compared to earlier!), thunder seems quite distant from the City Centre atm. Not good for the golf, radar shows the storms bubbling up into one big mass!

Posted

Rumbling about the Inverness area, heavy rain (well drizzle compared to earlier!), thunder seems quite distant from the City Centre atm. Not good for the golf, radar shows the storms bubbling up into one big mass!

Seen the chaos on the TV that the rain's caused for the golf. How much has there been up there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

nothing here yet but very dark to the SW , presumebly the edinburgh cell. Looking across the water there are tonnes of cells , keeping my eyes peeled to the north and north west :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Well for the past 50minuites there has been thunder , lightning , torrential rain the lot! Its brightning up now though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A rack of thunder showers making a B-line for Tyne & Wear currently. Thunder was heard several times from a cell that passed through 15 mins ago accompanied with hail and torrential rain. Looking like a lively afternoon/evening here....again... in the NE..!!

I'm running time-lapse of these storms passing through and if they're any good I'll stick em on here later.

I must have narrowly missed that one in Cleadon- I got a moderate shower on its southern flank, with some distant rumbles of thunder to the north, but I did catch the northern flank of a rainstorm with some hail earlier (about 11:30 or so). Some interesting-looking Cb cells approaching from the west now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Large thundercloud directly overhead aircraft are altering their normal take off path from Edi

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Impressive brightness of flash for middle of the day! Apparently there was 3 1/2 inches of rain in about a 2hour period at peak of the storms at Castle Stuart overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Thundering again

NOW HAIL they are massive in size! :o

Edited by Snowstorm1