Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

9 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

Large thundercloud directly overhead aircraft are altering their normal take off path from Edi

I thought they had though it was me being paranoid XD friend in Falkirk says the rain is coming down insanely there and her streets flooding. Reports of flash flooding coming in from Falkirk and Polmont.

Posted

Thundering again

NOW HAIL they are massive in size! :o

Can you define Massive (Eg measure across the stone to get the "MM") Please

Eg : 50mm are about Golfball In Size

Posted

I thought they had though it was me being paranoid XD friend in Falkirk says the rain is coming down insanely there and her streets flooding. Reports of flash flooding coming in from Falkirk and Polmont.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: How in the hell are we missing this! :angry: it's sunny and windy here. This is getting annoying now :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Can you define Massive (Eg measure across the stone to get the "MM") Please

Sorry Id say 20-25mm in size roughly but the sheer intensity felt like the window was going to come through! whistling.gif

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

thunder here again,absolutely pelting it down.can understand why the planes at edinburgh airport are diverting now.pretty nasty.

Posted

Sorry Id say 20-25mm in size roughly but the sheer intensity felt like the window was going to come through! whistling.gif

Nice size thats about 2p Piece size Hail. Or just under 1"

Can you get any pictures, when we got Golfball sized in 2004 I put some in the freezer and got some pictures!

Posted

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: How in the hell are we missing this! :angry: it's sunny and windy here. This is getting annoying now :p

Nothing in Edinburgh at the moment either its all either side swept us or missed us which is good because the city can't take any more downpours its flooded enough as it is.

The ones we had yesterday were about the size of marbles and the bus window was bowing with the intensity of them. Its really scary imaging being in something like that with hail even bigger, I always thought people were being OTT about hail but now I see how people can get killed easily by that stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Nice size thats about 2p Piece size Hail. Or just under 1"

Can you get any pictures, when we got Golfball sized in 2004 I put some in the freezer and got some pictures!

Its died down now to light rain and the hail melted pretty instantly after it hit the ground so I couldn't get pictures sorry my phone camera is rubbish taking pictures through the window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Another rogue shower out of nowhere, washing no longer dry. Start again....oops.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Wouldn't be surprised to see a tornado report from the Scarborough area. Not that there was anything tornadic here. The leading edge of the gust front just passing by was pretty much vertical as it passed by. Classic Scary Looking Cloud which no doubt someone will submit to the local paper again as being a tornado... :p the Sky is absolutely black to the North and more rumbles of thunder apparent. This will be the 6th storm of the day already with much more lined up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Anybody else having problems with Rain today and sat 24?

Edit - both working again now

Edited by Lancashire Lass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just had a few rumbles of thunder and another cloudburst at Cleadon from a pretty impressive Cb cell, with evidence of a developing anvil at the top.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wouldn't be surprised to see a tornado report from the Scarborough area. Not that there was anything tornadic here. The leading edge of the gust front just passing by was pretty much vertical as it passed by. Classic Scary Looking Cloud which no doubt someone will submit to the local paper again as being a tornado... :p the Sky is absolutely black to the North and more rumbles of thunder apparent. This will be the 6th storm of the day already with much more lined up...

Right thats it im getting the 16:14 transpennie express from Leeds to Scarborough I have to see a storm im storm starved.:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Lol try being down here in the South! It's 20oC here, blue sky, fluffy white clouds whipping across it thanks to the breeze, sunshine and one of my neighbours is having a bbq! Amazing what difference a few miles makes eh?

:blush:

Posted

Are there any webcams in Scarborough that are actually working.....

Posted

Bah sweet f.a today, nothing but blue sky and sun here all day...think ill start preying for 2012 lol

Posted

Bah sweet f.a today, nothing but blue sky and sun here all day...think ill start preying for 2012 lol

Im going to have to join you on that. NW radar showing the storms easing off with hardly any lightning

Edited by paul m

Posted

Lol try being down here in the South! It's 20oC here, blue sky, fluffy white clouds whipping across it thanks to the breeze, sunshine and one of my neighbours is having a bbq! Amazing what difference a few miles makes eh?

:blush:

It would be good just to see 1 storm. I am within the vicinity of the areas where the chaos is happening but there been diddy squat here (clouds if anything are clearing now) talk about a frustrating near miss

Posted

Sunday and Monday have a very small chance of something but as always it will miss here. Before anyone jumps on me for saying that im going on what has been happening for a long time. The storms either gain intensity after passing over or lose it before coming over.

Posted

Massive CB over the borders looks like near Otterburn looks like a bomb's just gone off its HUGE

TONY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Massive CB over the borders looks like near Otterburn looks like a bomb's just gone off its HUGE

TONY

Oooooh any photo's?