Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2nd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

Typical - wait all summer for storms at uni in Oxford...nothing! When I'm finally home in Cheltenham, we miss out by a few miles and Oxford gets them! :whistling:

That is what you call Sod's Law, 03jtrickey. I recall back in September 2008 (5th I think?) when I spent a week in Devon a day after the massive flooding in Cheltenham (It does happen, Jane. ;-) ) and Gloucester. No storms up here in Solhull but a battering of rain on the journey down the M5. But when I was away, that very same day, thunderstorm over Solihull as my younger Brother reported.

Sod's Law! ARRGHHHHH!!

Maybe if I go travel to Skegness for the next couple of days... If Shakespeare was a weatherman... "To Cb or not to Cb?" Probably not!

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just got back from working in Chipping Norton, Oxon today...Quite a pronounced line of showers popped up to the east late this afternoon passing near the Oxford/Woodstock area, and by the time I left (7:30pm) had developed into a moderate thunderstorm about 5 miles to the east of Chipping Norton, quite a bit of lightning

Posted

I'm a tad confused (it doesnt take much) - but having read through the convective forecast discusion & reports for today, there seems to be a thread already started for tomorrow at 8pm today that has 2 pages of chat to wade through already. Is there any way of holding off the excitment for the next days lack of potential a bit later? :unknw: