Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2nd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I can assure you there is absolutely nothing happening in Stoke. I saw the radar too maybe it was high level stuff.

Don't think the shower in question actually hit Stoke, looks like it hit somewhere between Stoke and Uttoxeter :)

Posted

Radar detecting numerous strikes N of Oxford. Any confirmation of a storm from one of our members close by?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

They are moving NNE with the upper air although that one well south of Rugby does seem to be backbuilding westwards, cant see it reaching Coventry or Bedworth though.

Yeah, just had a look. Doesn't look all that impressive. So i doubt we'll miss much.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Had a couple of runbles of thunder in MK in the last 30mins with some moderately heavy rain , sky all around is pitch black and thundery looking though now. Hoping it'll kick off and it's just the start :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yeah you can scrap my earlier post re France activity...it's clear now the eastern shove is beginning as forecasted.

Incidentally, for my region it's all looking rather pants tbh!

Posted

Radar detecting numerous strikes N of Oxford. Any confirmation of a storm from one of our members close by?

Bicester Oxon. 10mins, ago heard 3 rumbles of thunder have had a phone call 'heavy large hail in Thame and stong gusty wind'

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yeah, just had a look. Doesn't look all that impressive. So i doubt we'll miss much.

Playing back the radar they are losing energy and dissipating well south of Rugby.

Posted

Bit late in the day for anything major probably but a shower has brewed up here. Feeling pretty chilly though all of a sudden

Posted

Kent maybe clipped by some deritus from the action in France but the main body of precipitation is due to go straight for Belgium.

NAE goes for precipitation around 00z, but GFS shows nothing.

post-5986-0-67741000-1312312568_thumb.gipost-5986-0-94200600-1312312589_thumb.gi

The precipitation is associated with a low pressure system, and it looks as if it will follow it NNE to Belgium

post-5986-0-06162600-1312312703_thumb.gipost-5986-0-53467400-1312312709_thumb.gipost-5986-0-49476200-1312312716_thumb.gipost-5986-0-76598700-1312312740_thumb.gi

Posted

Looking at meteox storms or thundery rain has passed east of here without paying us a visit blimming typical lol, Ah well still warm and pleasent here for sitting in the garden and a few drinks.So in away not really missing what i didn't expect.

Posted

Rains just about stopped here now, 3 rumbles and a nice soaking, Getting reports from a friend saying it's just kicked off in Aylesbury down the road. Toreential rain / hail, frequent lightning and contonous rumbling thunder again. My lights keep flickering in the center of MK, hopefully it's an omen. Not seen them do that for a long time. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Rains just about stopped here now, 3 rumbles and a nice soaking, Getting reports from a friend saying it's just kicked off in Aylesbury down the road. Toreential rain / hail, frequent lightning and contonous rumbling thunder again. My lights keep flickering in the center of MK, hopefully it's an omen. Not seen them do that for a long time. lol

Sweeeet im watching that on radar hopeing it will live long enough to reach bedford! is it getting weaker?

Posted

Looking lively over north London according to the METO 9pm radar. Now just move another 97 miles NW...

Probably not though methinks. I'll just have to rely on NE movement and if Jane doesn't get any storms if a SW airflow, then nor will I.

My sig looks bare with no activity so far this year. Hell! I'll have a storm even if I have to use a torch for lightning and wobble a thin sheet of metal for thunder at 1:00am. Only problem with that is that I'll have neighbours complaining and I may get arrested for anti social behaviour.

The alternative I guess is You Tube. :-)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Typical - wait all summer for storms at uni in Oxford...nothing! When I'm finally home in Cheltenham, we miss out by a few miles and Oxford gets them! :whistling:

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Looking lively over north London according to the METO 9pm radar. Now just move another 97 miles NW...

Probably not though methinks. I'll just have to rely on NE movement and if Jane doesn't get any storms if a SW airflow, then nor will I.

My sig looks bare with no activity so far this year. Hell! I'll have a storm even if I have to use a torch for lightning and wobble a thin sheet of metal for thunder at 1:00am. Only problem with that is that I'll have neighbours complaining and I may get arrested for anti social behaviour.

The alternative I guess is You Tube. :-)

Phil.

:lol: Phil, it's desperate times for us! we may get something tomorrow but I've said that many a times and obviously jinxed it lol :oops:

I guess we are staying in No Storms Club for the rest of the year. :nonono:

Posted

Dry and sunny here today despite the meto having a warning out for lincs :rolleyes: This area has gone from being one of the best places for storms, to one of the worst places recently.bone dry again.

Posted

i live in a 'dry zone', during last winter we missed 90% of the snow and this summer we have missed 90% of the rain, it just doesn't seem to be able to rain here? we never used to have this problem, it's been like this since the 'weather shift' in 2007.

Posted

Jane bab. I think reverse psychology is required. In other words... "WE DON'T WANT ANY STORMS!! BE GONE OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING HERE IN SOLIHULL AND CHELTENHAM. GO AWAY AND INVADE THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND".

Hmm... Now I've just said that, they probably will. dry.gif

I'll just find some fresh batteries for my torch and a sheet of metal and collect an ASBO for my efforts...

Here's a thought though... What if that weather programme on BBC1 tomorrow night sees them live outside in a thunderstorm? Might make their map look a bit wet. :D

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The OH said he just drove through the edge of some very heavy rain near Cambridge this evening, showers still moving up towards the Wash but despite the lovely mackerel sky this morning nowt here as usual. closedeyes.gif

Posted

i live in a 'dry zone', during last winter we missed 90% of the snow and this summer we have missed 90% of the rain, it just doesn't seem to be able to rain here? we never used to have this problem, it's been like this since the 'weather shift' in 2007.

As far as the rain goes it's the same here,My area must be one of the driest in the country,but my area did get incredibly lucky with snow last december.45cm of the stuff :D

Posted

As far as the rain goes it's the same here,My area must be one of the driest in the country,but my area did get incredibly lucky with snow last december.45cm of the stuff :D

It's the same here. July only recorded 27mm of rainfall.

We also got similar snowfall amounts in December. :whistling:

Posted

It's the same here. July only recorded 27mm of rainfall.

We also got similar snowfall amounts in December. :whistling:

And the coldest if recent records are to go by. Especially in Buxton.

Phil.

Posted

And the coldest if recent records are to go by. Especially in Buxton.

Phil.

It was very cold, but Buxton have a very different climate to use, due to elevation. Chesterfield has a climate which is typical of the rest of the North Midlands, whilst Buxton seems to get weather more like Cumbria, especially when it comes to rainfall and cold!