Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

i totally am with you here!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Really?

Met office invent radar said 4am storms, now it's looking like 7am if that...

Posted

i totally am with you here!

i have had 2 cans and now pouring a glass of wine! hmmm! i'll end up crashing in an hour and miss the heavy rain and possible rumble and lightning! smile.png

where are you all??

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Really?

we will see!

Posted

Also what seems to be a track of reports from Lubelskie of severe wind damage at 15.45UTC, trees broken, barn destroyed, roof damage. Reports of a "whirlwind" but not confirmed as a tornado.

^ damn!

Posted

Nothing on the IR satellite feed (meto or sat24) so its safe to say anaprop is the likely cause. Assumed it was topographic lifting from the Wicklow Mtns from the atlantic front, but false-alarm sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Nothing on the IR satellite feed (meto or sat24) so its safe to say anaprop is the likely cause. Assumed it was topographic lifting from the Wicklow Mtns from the atlantic front, but false-alarm sadly.

Yes, wasn't expecting ANY rainfall this evening in Ireland or showers, so was quite an odd thing to see....never seen anaprop so vivid before on meto radar, it does continue on in the next timeslot but has died down considerably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Really?

I dont think they have updated the forecast for the rain fall positioning, as it looks like its has all moved further east that expected? If you switch between now and the 4am forecast it jumps west so this is why im assuming that. I may be wrong.

Posted

This, from my opinion, is what currently is going on...

Nothing Much has changed in the past hour, Frenchie is still there, Still producing some heavy rain in the Channel and over France and some sferics but no where near as many as a few hours ago. When Frenchie did hit land there wasn't much intensification, but from a MCS that wasn't even predicted it done pretty well!

The occlusion front between Brest and London has been steadily been intensifying over the last 2 to 3 hours, but become stable in the past hour. Still Moving Due North.

The Low centre is now over the Channel Islands with just a hit of some development within this zone...

And lastly More towards the centre of France there still is some development, again heading North.

I wouldn't yet right anything off, like I said there are some developments happing now, just waiting for another radar run to confirm something happening around the Channel Islands. The best thing to do in this situ is to watch and wait, but for the time being I think a break is in order! good.gif

It will all pan out over the next few hours! wink.png

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

Also what seems to be a track of reports from Lubelskie of severe wind damage at 15.45UTC, trees broken, barn destroyed, roof damage. Reports of a "whirlwind" but not confirmed as a tornado.

^ damn!

hmmm! no confirmation there then!

if you read my earlier posts i wasn't really confident that i would get a storm! I just want to see a rumble of thunder and a bit of lightning in a heavy shower! that could still happen! you never know! and i have a heap of friends hanging out there window in east sussex at the moment and i want them to see somthing!

Oh and i know its weird because i dont think other peeps are that interested in it but i love extreme rain!!! :)

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm really hoping this theme of Western European storms continues into mid next week as I will be in France a few days mid next week before setting off on the rally to Romania, heading into Switzerland then down towards the Alps then straight across towards Romania. After that I'll be hanging around Germany, Bulgaria and the Netherlands for 10-14 days.

If I can't get one at home at least grant me some continental storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Cast your eyes down to the Channel Islands, Something is brewing!

Beat me to it...

Edited by Paul Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

This, from my opinion, is what currently is going on...

Nothing Much has changed in the past hour, Frenchie is still there, Still producing some heavy rain in the Channel and over France and some sferics but no where near as many as a few hours ago. When Frenchie did hit land there wasn't much intensification, but from a MCS that wasn't even predicted it done pretty well!

The occlusion front between Brest and London has been steadily been intensifying over the last 2 to 3 hours, but become stable in the past hour. Still Moving Due North.

The Low centre is now over the Channel Islands with just a hit of some development within this zone...

And lastly More towards the centre of France there still is some development, again heading North.

I wouldn't yet right anything off, like I said there are some developments happing now, just waiting for another radar run to confirm something happening around the Channel Islands. The best thing to do in this situ is to watch and wait, but for the time being I think a break is in order! good.gif

It will all pan out over the next few hours! wink.png

Frenchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You seeing the tail end of it is still intense, over the English Channel?? Whilst the bit that was huge earlier has gone to a mear nothing over the UK, and now south of London as moderate rain.

Let's see what happens over the next few hours, but really does look hit and miss out there.

Posted

Beat me to it...

Haha! blum.gif

You can tell its late, I start acting like a child rofl.gif

Frenchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You seeing the tail end of it is still intense, over the English Channel?? Whilst the bit that was huge earlier has gone to a mear nothing over the UK, and now south of London as moderate rain.

Let's see what happens over the next few hours, but really does look hit and miss out there.

Mmm, draw your eyes to the Channel Islands, after Frenchie passed nothing happened, but now as the centre of the Low has moved into this area, things are starting to develop once again ...

Posted

Screenshot what we are looking at please, as I really can't think at the moment, need sleep lol!

Circle what's brewing, I think I know what but can't be sure.

Posted

Here you go...

I changed to a mac so can't draw on there for you, the area is around The Channel Islands and towards Cherbourg

We could be Looking at MCS 2... any names?! good.gif

post-9530-0-48411800-1314061609_thumb.pn

Edited by SnowMania

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Only just come back in from a bust down the coast near Portsmouth, can anyone confirm if there has actually been any Lightning Activity anywhere inland GB.

Anyways, not long before I "hit the hay" but it is still relatively early days. What I believe we need is for some storms to develop in the flow from frenchie as she passes over through Belgium.

I can't be bothered to read the last 250 posts so in short has there been any action anywhere? rolleyes.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edit: the stuff over Brest way is a final chance of imports guys n gals then it's up to the stuff inland. aggressive.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hello

All quiet down here in Dover. Been spitting for the last half hour. Not amounting to anything. Not heard a rumble at all yet.

Fast moving clouds making for some intresting snaps.

post-15506-0-06630600-1314061734_thumb.j

Posted

Here you go...

I changed to a mac so can't draw on there for you, the area is around The Channel Islands and towards Cherbourg

We could be Looking at MCS 2... any names?! good.gif

Ah I see, didn't show up on MetO Invent for me, or RainToday.

Let's call it 'Epic Fail' - and see how far it goes, good name though really?

Posted

Been down to Hythe just got back saw a terrific flash over head in Romney on drive home so yes there has been one flash that i saw about the same time someone posted about the rumble of thunder in Folkestone. Lightning seen out to sea over belgium. Rain had just started here

Posted

Ah I see, didn't show up on MetO Invent for me, or RainToday.

Let's call it 'Epic Fail' - and see how far it goes, good name though really?

Okay, MCS 2 is now 'Epic Fail'

Since posting that, Epic fail is still intensifying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I'm going to call it 'the cherbourg plume'

Posted

Just arrived back in the UK this evening or last night at 11pm from Southern France, quite a light show over north France rather bumpy too lol. I take it from reading back a few pages it was "Frenchie" we flew over pmsl nice name.

Heavy rain here in Aylesbury (Bucks) atm, radar still looks good especially down towards the Channel Islands, one to watch over the next few hours maybe!

Posted

Also Frenchie has developed a sting in her now present tail... take a look at sat24.com just behind Frenchie

If this does continue North it will be hugging the French Coast then popping over a shorter distance into Parts of Kent. Look out!

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

Well i'm going to bed now, if we don't get anything this would be the biggest forecast bust of this year

Posted

Okay, MCS 2 is now 'Epic Fail'

Since posting that, Epic fail is still intensifying

and if it brings somthing to our shores maybe we should call it 'epic pass'