Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Right im off too ven the rain we had only lasted a few minutes..what a let down tonight has been (again), ohh well there's always Friday's supposed storms to look forward to, but CAPE is not showing anything to get excited about so not sure where MET O is seeing it come from ??

Nighty night all and good luck for those staying up

Posted

Made it to portsdown view point, portsmouth from bmouth. Drove through heavy rain in Southampton, wind gusting fairly strong here and had distant lighting about 30 min ago. What's people's thoughts on this area gettig anything any time soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The lightning strikes are only a few miles further north than they were at 3pm pmpl.

Posted

Damn Dave you missed us by about an hour. I think you will have a long wait to see anything now sadly.

Edited by Adi F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Big raindrops here in Hertfordshire....bit weird really, probably getting more than the southern counties

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

lol! you lot are so funny! its not suppose to be kicking off just yet! 03:00 onwards remember??

Heard that before though SO many times these last few years, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TILL... and guess what

IT DOESN'T!

Posted

Big raindrops here in Hertfordshire....bit weird really, probably getting more than the southern counties

Wel I have finally had a shower heavy enough to properly wet the ground, not just dampen it. WOW what a lovely storm! rofl.gif

Posted

Latest radar grab...

Whats left of Frenchie is still got some heavy rain embedded within, but most of the activity has moved to the east of this system...

The Centre of the Low is around Jersey at the moment.

EDIT: Anyone in coastal East Anglia should have quite a light show from The Atomic MCS Located in Belgium!

post-9530-0-05226500-1314057781_thumb.jp

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

http://www.camvista.com/watch-live-video/europe/germany/dusseldorf_rhine_river_webcam.html

watch this cam, Dusseldorf expected to get hit from the MCS coming out of Belgium in the next half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not sure what that is West of Dublin, at first I thought anaprop because there's been alot of it showing in Western parts of Ireland today and secondly it has appeared out of nowhere.

It basically developed within 30 minutes, lightning detector shows 1 recent strike in that area.

Posted

Heard that before though SO many times these last few years, IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TILL... and guess what

IT DOESN'T!

im thinking severe weather! for me that does not have to mean thunderstorms! im interested in how much rainfall we will be getting come 07:00 tomorrow morning! i am interested in severe weather whether it be wind, storms, rain or snow! i love it all!

Posted

Had a feeling it wouldn't pan out how I hoped, got to Try thou. Wouldstay out but work at 11am and my wife not to keen on sleeping in car for few hours. Give it a bit and hope for best then drive home and hope to be woken early hrs.

Posted

It's not, i can confirm it's raining moderately here in North London

Apologies, it was in reply to the person talking about the echoes West of Dublin

Posted

Wow what a change in posts,earliar the forum was flooded with excitement,which was understandable looking at the radar,now that things have changed alot of negativity about,In all fairness i think some people including myself new this was going to happen hence i didn't bother making the trip to the east,I know some are saying it's not game over just yet,but personally if i lived in the east i wouldn't be staying up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Apologies, it was in reply to the person talking about the echoes West of Dublin

Those echoes west of Dublin are showing on 3 different radars (rain today, meto and netweather), I'm just gonna wait for the next update to see what happens to it, that way I'll know for sure if it is anaprop. I could check satellite imagery, but cba.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Met Office 150 years of making bad forecasts? :p ( moan moan moan whinge :( )

Posted

can we see from the radars whats going to happen 3 hours from now?? Im interested about whats going to be happening in regards to intense rainfall and possibly thunder and lightening tomorrow morning! I never thoought it was going to be happening now!

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think the problem is once people saw "frenchie" weaken they assumed that was it. I think BBC weather have it right at the moment...most of the activity was forecast to happen towards dawn as the systems centre passes by. Only time will tell I guess.

Posted

I think the problem is once people saw "frenchie" weaken they assumed that was it. I think BBC weather have it right at the moment...most of the activity was forecast to happen towards dawn as the systems centre passes by. Only time will tell I guess.

i totally am with you here!

i have had 2 cans and now pouring a glass of wine! hmmm! i'll end up crashing in an hour and miss the heavy rain and possible rumble and lightening! :)

where are you all??