Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

22nd into 23rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

and if it brings somthing to our shores maybe we should call it 'epic pass'

Nah can only be called 'Epic Pass' if it hits Bristol. That would be THE true achievement :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I was sort of hoping this development wouldn't happen because I need sleep, but now it has...heres to another couple of hours.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lightning flashing in Crawley.. very weak though

Posted

and if it brings somthing to our shores maybe we should call it 'epic pass'

Haha! We shall see...

Anyway, development is a lil slower at the moment, so I'm going to take this opportunity to catch some rest...

Hopefully I will return at around 5 to see whats developed or happend mega_shok.gif

Good luck Everyone!

SnowMania.

PS: Seriously keep an eye on the back of Frenchie East Sussex and Kent people, now starting to explode into life! Why does this happen when I leave?!

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

I was sort of hoping this development wouldn't happen because I need sleep, but now it has...heres to another couple of hours.

lol! yep! how am i possibly going to sleep now?

Lightning flashing in Crawley.. very weak though

Niiiice! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not being funny but the quicker frenchie buggers off the better. rolleyes.gif

Then the inland action may get the required oomph. diablo.gif

Only had 0.6mm here and was expecting something like ten to twenty times that amount if not more.

Still hopeful of a rumble or flash overnight but overall I would say it's a disappointment for all. wallbash.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

No more grabs from me, I'll get booted off here so go buy your own NW radar, it's cracking value.

Posted

Not being funny but the quicker frenchie buggers off the better. rolleyes.gif

Then the inland action may get the required oomph. diablo.gif

Only had 0.6mm here and was expecting something like ten to twenty times that amount if not more.

Still hopeful of a rumble or flash overnight but overall I would say it's a disappointment for all. wallbash.gif

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

No more grabs from me, I'll get booted off here so go buy your own NW radar, it's cracking value.

Its okay, shes going! She is dragging her heels a bit, but what can you expect? She was the Size of Northern France at one point rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Its okay, shes going! She is dragging her heels a bit, but what can you expect? She was the Size of Northern France at one point rofl.gif

Good riddance french oversized piece of nothingness, and that's being polite. diablo.gif

Why oh why do these french imports take a hike or die when they hit the english channel, it needs researching.

Check out IOW weather and you'll see the most active storms were during 2005 to 2007, oh dear oh dear! doh.gif

I think it's impossible now to have cold winters with hot summers with consistant plume conditions.

Once winters mild up again, then the hot summers can then come back, well that's my theory. biggrin.png

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

its a secret experiment to stop all imported storms...

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

We havnt had one drop of rain yet! LOL what went wrong?? maybe get something later in the week.

Heavy rain in Dorset right now

Posted

We havnt had one drop of rain yet! LOL what went wrong?? maybe get something later in the week.

Looking at the netweather radar you should have rain now or if not very soon.

I have to say it's turned out to be fairly quiet out there tonight, haven't been in the UK to see the forecasts over the last 3 weeks but from the amount of pages on this thread it must have been hyped up by the BBC & METO lol

Posted

Heavy rain in Dorset right now

You're right on the edge of heavy stuff out west, the next few hours is when this will really prove to be a bust or not?

I'm hopeful of the latter,some encouragement is to be gained in terms of heavier rain. As for Thunder & Lightning it's debatable, as has been suggested by the MetO all day long. I'm afraid, also predicted by MetO and shown by Coast's initial charts, it is now looking very localised in nature since the french mistress flirted by us earlier.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

well the wind has really got up here! I think we will have some intense weather in the next 6 to 8 hours! i havent read anywhere that we were getting full blown thunderstorms here in the uk so im not expecting them! however thundery intense rain is what im hoping for. Here in North Kent we might just get intense rain! if we get neither i will be disappointed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

its in the BBC news and on radio about the floods due..

But its not over yet, im as tired as anyone else, we are storm fans and stay up to wait for them what ever we feel like! its a timeout situation, give up like, but early hours does not mean over, because the feature creating the activity has the same forcing as hot sunshine does for ground heat generated storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Moderate rain had started here, then stopped. 4mm since 9pm-ish.

Give it time though, especially those towards the East. acute.gif

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

its in the BBC news and on radio about the floods due..

But its not over yet, im as tired as anyone else, we are storm fans and stay up to wait for them what ever we feel like! its a timeout situation, give up like, but early hours does not mean over, because the feature creating the activity has the same forcing as hot sunshine does for ground heat generated storms.

very kool post!

Posted

..And there are many storm fans sleeping right now! they wait for the storm to wake them!..rather then be shattered the next day 0:

Posted

One last post as I'm knackered but I believe CSE could well soon get some darn heavy precipitation.

Over the next few hours, let's go for Hampshire/Berkshire/Oxfordshire then into the Home Counties to be the prime areas.

Why? I hear you say. unknw.gif

Netweather v5 radar shows intense rainfall developing from a line East of Dorchester to it's NE edge currently being Basingstoke and all drifting slowly north and east.

Another reason, my Davis WS tells me 1014.3mb falling rapidly and the screen message suggests precipitation within 6 hours and windy.

Furthermore it is raining now but bed beckons real soon.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Thanks for the feedback guys, hope you all get something soon. I'm of to dream of big thunderstorms LOL report back tomorow G'night :)

Posted

Problem is do you succumb to sleep and miss out on the cause of the storm, the dynamics behind it and not learn anything behind what your seeing other than going 'ooh and aah' at the pretty lightning. Or hardball it through the night given a 50/50 chance it might come off, and learn later on why it did or didn't and progress for when a similar setup happens next time.

I remember nights staying up to about these hours, knowing earlier on in the day I was pre-prepared (sleeping before the event is about to happen is much better than sleeping through it lol) then lacing myself up with some coke and maps, reading up on the charts, ready for the evening ahead.

Posted

im not going anywhere right now! i want to see this all unfold before my eyes! however i might crash in front of the netbook in the next few hours!

Posted

its not over. yes The super storm or mcs has gone way with some potent cells on its south or se side in France. But now ive checked out the MetO radar im excited, what i see is developments to the southwest in Hampshire it appears to be, if im reading the map right! anyway you get the idea im sure, now the other stuff over North France coast and channel is intense cells that have grown, my radio is having long frequent crackles one after another, ive been tracking storms like that for years so i knw what i hear!