Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Weather - Rainfall Between 23-25th

kold weather

Posted

Models are suggesting quite an active front to come up during Sunday into Ireland and possibly over the SW, Wales and into maybe W.Scotland. Could be a flooding risk for some if the front ends up being as active as is suggested, of course time for it to be downgraded a little.

Front then swings eastwards and keeps active. GFS suggests it stalls just offshore but it is possible that if it does stall it'll stall a little further west.

All in all whilst not any too exceptional or interesting, the rain is going to be fairly interesting to watch, especially for Ireland where the models suggests the front becomes pretty strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A very wet period coming up for a few areas, it will also be very windy from a S-SE direction which isn't the norm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Some serious rain in Ireland at the moment. Valentia has recorded 55mm since 6am, of which 40mm fell between 9 and 12.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

No rain for the east yet again?

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

And here in the East it is expected to stay fairly dry all week, today it has been sunshine non stop all day, i hope those in the west avoid any serious flooding next week.

Posted

I'm wondering if this week's set-up will be conducive to some thunder here in the far west. The synoptic charts look a little similar to 21 November 2009 when we had a few thundery showers and short lived storms, with the low to the west of the UK dipping south before moving north. The MetOffice app on my phone is showing the thundery shower / thunderstorm icon over Wales for Monday and Tuesday intermittently over the last couple of days, and GFS suggests reasonable CAPE for the time of year over the SW and Wales:

post-8245-0-16175300-1319316360_thumb.pn

This is often the best time of year for thunder here near to the west coast - the two largest storms we've had here in the last five years have been in October and November.

Edited by virtualsphere

Posted

Well Thermo over at 'met monkey' is saying imbedded t,storms for Monday...

I'm wondering if this week's set-up will be condusive to some thunder here in the far west. The synoptic charts look a little similar to 21 November 2009 when we had a few thundery showers and short lived storms, with the low to the west of the UK dipping south before moving north. The MetOffice app on my phone is showing the thundery shower / thunderstorm icon over Wales for Monday and Tuesday intermittently over the last couple of days, and GFS suggests reasonable CAPE for the time of year over the SW and Wales:

post-8245-0-16175300-1319316360_thumb.pn

This is often the best time of year for thunder here near to the west coast - the two largest storms we've had here in the last five years have been in October and November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

( Did someone mention storms?)whistling.gif I ,as usual have my fingers crossed! I haven't really looked as yet but I'm certainly off to investigate!biggrin.png

Posted

Well jane, I hope you get lashed my 1000's of cgs!

Well not you but you know what I mean :D

( Did someone mention storms?)whistling.gif I ,as usual have my fingers crossed! I haven't really looked as yet but I'm certainly off to investigate!biggrin.png

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It's blowing a virtual gale from the SE this morning, and of all times my weather station has decided not to work!

Posted

Yet again, the areas that need the rain look like they are going to miss out, and those that don't need it are getting swamped.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

No rain or storms or the southeast again, just the chance of some stray light stuff over the next few days. Only 6mm shown for Egham for the whole week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Met office had yellow worning for w midlands but now they forecasting lite rain. It looks like we gona mis out again.

Posted

Well jane, I hope you get lashed my 1000's of cgs!

Well not you but you know what I mean biggrin.png

Aww thanks staff lollaugh.png

I've just checked my storm risk and for Tuesday I have a 51 and a 45% chance.drunk.gif here we go againrolleyes.gif you never know though, I've moved now so it could all be different here. Just hope I don't get any flooding as the River severn is just by my back garden!shok.gif

Posted

Good luck jane in your new place you nerver knowgood.gif

Cheers Stu,biggrin.png It'll be a miracle if I get anything lol. Lot's of warnings now emerging it could be an interesting couple of days as long as noone gets flooded of course !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

The sky around here at the moment looks quite unusual in that it looks very hazy and I am also certain that earlier I saw a a few of those Altocumulus Castellanus clouds around which sometimes can be a sign of thunder for later.

Posted

Been raining here since 11am. Fields and road behind my home is already getting flooded and now pouring into my back garden yet again and flowing onto the road in front and building up at the bottom of the road. and we still have alot more rain to come this could be bad. My Grass is still water logged from flooding earlier in the week.

Posted

Plenty of heavy rain and now strong winds in Cork over the last few hours. While the rain seems to be easing the last few minutes, the winds are getting stronger.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Its really windy here, i just had a very strong gust of wind