Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Weather - Rainfall Between 23-25th

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Out of interest, is that a squall line forming thats moving NE away from the SW towards Somerset/Bristol/Wiltshire/Dorset/SW Wales etc?

Posted

Is that's a squall line developing behind the main front?

Out of interest, is that a squall line forming thats moving NE away from the SW towards Somerset/Bristol/Wiltshire/Dorset/SW Wales etc?

Ahh beat me too it, it's showing caracheteristics. Maybe a more knowledgeable member can inform us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm glad you mention this, the BBC weather guy commented on it in a rather excitable manner too. clapping.gif

I won't post a link (as I tend to overdo this, come winter) but if someone would be so kind, it shows up particularly well on the NW v5 radar. I would say it's soon to pass via Weymouth on its southern edge and Weston-super-Mare on its northern edge.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

PS! well spotted Staff too.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

What did the weather man say? :D

I'm glad you mention this, the BBC weather guy commented on it in a rather excitable manner too. clapping.gif

I won't post a link (as I tend to overdo this, come winter) but if someone would be so kind, it shows up particularly well on the NW v5 radar. I would say it's soon to pass via Weymouth on its southern edge and Weston-super-Mare on its northern edge.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

PS! well spotted Staff too.

Posted

Is that's a squall line developing behind the main front?

Ahh beat me too it, it's showing caracheteristics. Maybe a more knowledgeable member can inform us!

Looks like a squall line... (hope I'm allowed to post - please delete the image if I'm not, but it's a good example of what the excellent NW radar can show) smile.png

Edit: and if you subscribe to the real radar, place names show up too!

post-8245-0-04901000-1319482159_thumb.pn

No sferics showing though. Just passed through here a few minutes ago - moderate to heavy rain and gusty winds.

Edited by virtualsphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What did the weather man say? biggrin.png

I cannot remember exactly, something along the lines of "very gusty winds out there" referring to the back edge of the front.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Severe rains have hit the Irish east coast and capital very hard.

It has eased to moderate falls in the last 15 minutes but between around 4pm and 730pm, extremely

heavy and persistent rain struck the capital.

Widespread severe flooding throughout the city with road closures and streets submerged.

Analysis will show almost 100mm of rain to have fallen in major recording stations in the Dublin region.

Posted

Was just about to say Matty, there's some high totals coming out again tonight along the Irish borders and Loch Neagh regions. Parts of Ireland now seeing flooding from yesterdays rainfall, with further totals that will keep river heights max'd until the peak passes through.

The same can be said for Cornwall/Devon in that such amounts have fallen across Bodmin Moor it'll take the catchment areas 12-24hr to truly feel the effects of today, with added rainfall from tonight's overnight showers and possibly Thurs to come aswell.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

That squall line is just passing through here (Sherborne) as I type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Ye might be interested in following the weather section on boards.ie. There's a thread on the flooding in the East of Ireland with lots of pics, videos and reports coming in http://www.boards.ie...6430152&page=15

Seems like things are getting quite serious now with some severe flooding being reported.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

Well, what a day! Went to Wadebridge this morning - lots of standing water on the roads - flood plains along the Camel trail looked very soggy no doubt worse now. Has finally stopped raining now - very gusty last night and earlier this morning. Is that it now or is there more to come?

Posted

86mm of rain in Casement near Dublin in the last 24 hoursblink.pnghttp://ogimet.com/cg...ra=18&Send=send

High tide in Dubin is around 10:30pm, a fair risk of the Liffey bursting its banks in the city

Edit: I should say that reading for Casement is since 6pm, so probably over 100mm by now.

Posted

Dublin being hit bad it seems, as is all of Ireland right now.

Thanks for the boards.ie linkBornFromTheVoid, just a handful of images from Dublin coming out already.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317069_2598626810608_1402911023_33072040_1664536187_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310794_2598625170567_1402911023_33072038_416982597_n.jpg

Posted

laugh.png Do they really need the slippery floor caution signs here!

309680_2291404639198_1071477487_2613542_1211597205_n.jpg

Aci5mXWCQAAMjTr.jpg

Posted

Well, what a day! Went to Wadebridge this morning - lots of standing water on the roads - flood plains along the Camel trail looked very soggy no doubt worse now. Has finally stopped raining now - very gusty last night and earlier this morning. Is that it now or is there more to come?

Hi Erby.

More to come I'm afraid. After another batch for you, tonight, the outlook is looking generally more showery but still the odd rainband now and then in between ridges of High Pressure, as I understand it. Hopefully, parts of Ireland can be spared the worst too, sure looks awful there. sad.png

I imagine over the days and weeks to come, the risk of flooding will be increasingly hitting the headlines as the Jet Stream makes it's forays further to our south.

Soggy Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Dublin arrivals doesn't look too much fun for passengers, Shannon/Cork i'd expect any inbound flights to be already diverting to.

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/flight-information/live-arrivals.aspx

Posted

Dublin City Council declares major emergency http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1024/weather.html

Posted

Sand bags ain't doing too much here

http://www.facebook....150503726203776

Posted

Hope everyone stays safe - haven't seen this much rain for a long time. Thanks for the update gotto.....

Edited by Erbyskerby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Not comparable to the weather/rain that some of you poor things have had today, but it's just started coming down quite heavily here. - looking at the MetO radar, there's quite a big yellow blob sitting over me at the moment.

Just thought I'd chuck my twopennth in. Hope everyone stays safe.

Jo&ollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Continuous moderate rain now falling after a generally dry and windy day with increasing cloud.

A few sferics have shown up over the southwest and south of the coast in the Channel. Something to come? or to die out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

29.5mm of rain in the past 24hours here, seems like nothing compared to parts of the southwest and ireland!