Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Had just saw the very first snowflake of the season... in the form of a sleet shower. :good: So happy!

Any snow forecast for Cannock ?. on the met site it shows a warning for snow in the West Midlands.

Probably Wednesday with a wintry mix of showers, and perhaps also Friday morning depending how far North or South the Low ends up. Netweather 10 day forecast seem to go for a 38% chance for Cannock to see some snow on Friday at the moment. :)

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Shower activity looks dead over mid wales, and any that are making it across to the Midlands are too light in intensity to fall as anything but sleet.

Posted

Not much over Wales now...so the few showers we did get will probably be it. Shame, I love a good squall, even if it is just rain.

Sure there'll be plenty more chances to come. And the recent cold fronts have given us some very exciting squalls so we've been a bit spoilt really.

I don't mind if there's little wintryness this week if we are getting the kind of showers that give you 5 minutes of mayhem. Snow (or even sleet) would simply be a bonus!

Posted

Had a snowy/sleety/hail shower an hour or so ago when I was out with the dogs — very squally, and very cold in the wind.

Posted

Wonder if the shower stream will get going again later. Forecasts ive seen suggest it might.

I hope so, temperature dropping nicely now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The showers in the south of wales looked to be dying out and now seem to be pepping up again, good for the far southwest midlands I would think.

Posted

Hmmm...I think it could get going again. We've had times in the past when we thought it had puffed itself out only see the activity increase again.

Wouldn't expect anything more than sleet but would be good to get something rattling against the west facing windows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Hmmmmm, so now the temps look far better for my location but now it's an issue of the showers missing here :rofl:

Temp currently around 4c and dew around 0c but the showers are nowhere near at the moment.

The annoying thing is, rain seems to have no problem getting here.

But once it's snow, well, Leicester is the last place it goes :p

Posted

Seems a bit too far south at the moment, but I'm still remaing optimisitc, this lot appeared from nowhere so there's still potential!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Seems a bit too far south at the moment, but I'm still remaing optimisitc, this lot appeared from nowhere so there's still potential!

Its sleeting here (60ft) is it worth driving 7 miles to brill hill at 600ft will it be snow there ? wasnt expecting this and South east thread not appropriate

Posted

Its sleeting here (60ft) is it worth driving 7 miles to brill hill at 600ft will it be snow there ? wasnt expecting this and South east thread not appropriate

My guess is that at 600 ft, the precipitation if it is of good intensity will be snow, whether it is worth driving there or not, thats your decision I guess, also it is only a small shower, by the time you get there it will have passed over.

Posted

The annoying thing is, rain seems to have no problem getting here.

But once it's snow, well, Leicester is the last place it goes :p

In all honesty rain hasnt done to well the last year, many times weve had rain forecast only to end up with hardly any.

Posted

some serious looking showers streaming in now from around bristol

I wouldnt be suprised that some hills did get the 4" of snow that the bbc forecast this morning, if the showers keep going into the evening.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Midlands today forecast was soul-destroying. Showers turning from a wintry mix over high ground back to rain as the day goes on tommorow, no mention of snow or wintryness on Thursday night and temps of 7oc on friday & saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Midlands today forecast was soul-destroying. Showers turning from a wintry mix over high ground back to rain as the day goes on tommorow, no mention of snow or wintryness on Thursday night and temps of 7oc on friday & saturday.

midlands today is crap! never watch it, ignore it, go by members on here, models etc, does look like the low will bring snow (thurs night) south of M4 only, friday looks mild but then a very cold weekend with ice day likely on sunday

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

To take that as Gospel is not recommended at all. It is likely things may get more marginal tomorrow evening. Thursday Night's low is yet to be resolved. UKMO looks good for Northern edge snow like the GFS too, so once they get some confidence I would not be surprised to see some snow appear in the forecast. The Met Office site is going for it, thats the main thing! Lots still changing mind. I do think a Low any further South than the channel is unlikely though.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I rarely watch TV forecasts nowadays. I can get enough information off sites like this and the Met Office site. BBC forecasts have been poor for a while and always seem rushed. Even if a major weather event has occured, the weather still only seems to get a 90 second slot at the end of the news.

Nobody should be disappointed yet, its early days, we were all treated to some fantastic weather unusually early in winter last year, but I'm sure we'll all have something decent arrive in Jan/Feb!

Posted

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the weather in the Midlands.

We seem to miss EVERYTHING?? it never used to be like this, we used to get all kinds of exciting things like, frontal rain (any rain) massive dumps of snow, severe gales, heatwaves, now all we seem to have is this boring nothingness.

If I don't get either gales or snow before the weekend, I'm gonna give up watching the weather until next winter.

I don't subscribe to 'winter is over, mentalities, but this is really getting tortuous now and I'm losing hope :(

Must be the same for a lot of others here in the 'dead zone' too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the weather in the Midlands.

We seem to miss EVERYTHING?? it never used to be like this, we used to get all kinds of exciting things like, frontal rain (any rain) massive dumps of snow, severe gales, heatwaves, now all we seem to have is this boring nothingness.

If I don't get either gales or snow before the weekend, I'm gonna give up watching the weather until next winter.

I don't subscribe to 'winter is over, mentalities, but this is really getting tortuous now and I'm losing hope :(

Must be the same for a lot of others here in the 'dead zone' too?

you could see snow thurs night, but likely the precip will remain south of the M4,

Hit and miss for the midlands it has been today, the south west midlands picking up some of the shower activity, but now really is the time for any showers to be of snow as the temps drop. The showers at this stage seem to be dying out. there is a streamer lookalike showing southwest of wales coming into the southwest midlands, besides nothing else...