Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

you could see snow thurs night, but likely the precip will remain south of the M4,

Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?...GFS has ppn from this system on its 12z run all the way up to northern england, a 300+ mile descrepancy from your post :unknw:

This evening and tonight, it looks as though the low towards Scotland will move out Northeastwards, this is when The midlands have a slightly better chance with showers as the easterly flow of showers turn more northeasterly.....the tilt has begun in the last two radar runs to the naked eye....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

My guess is that at 600 ft, the precipitation if it is of good intensity will be snow, whether it is worth driving there or not, thats your decision I guess, also it is only a small shower, by the time you get there it will have passed over.

I did have a look (short term nature of percip) so didnt bother but nice to see sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

we've had a few showers this evening but they've been rain so you're not missing much!

Posted

Few new bits of precipitation developing out in west and mid Wales. Will probably be nothing...but you never know.

Lots of talk about a mild run up to Christmas later next week. My opinion is that nothing is settled until we know what's going to happen on Friday.

Posted

Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?...GFS has ppn from this system on its 12z run all the way up to northern england, a 300+ mile descrepancy from your post :unknw:

Going on previous (bad luck with) lows of a similar nature they due always trend about 200-300+ miles south last minute so it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up scraping along

the channel in the end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Going on previous (bad luck with) lows of a similar nature they due always trend about 200-300+ miles south last minute so it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up scraping along

the channel in the end.

yeah exactly what I am thinking, think the GEM model thinking might be right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

the ppn has started to come down from the north and not west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the ppn has started to come down from the north and not west

? no coming from west or even WSW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the channel in the end.

yeah exactly what I am thinking, think the GEM model thinking might be right

Why do your replies not surprise me chaps!......I've lived up here for nigh on 6 years, and yes there have been a few near misses, but also some unexpected direct hits.....What your describing isn't bad luck, it's simply what everyone else in every part of the world experiences, it's simply the law of averages, a numbers game if you will

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Just sleet but seem to be in line for a few more heavier showers

Posted

Why do your replies not surprise me chaps!......I've lived up here for nigh on 6 years, and yes there have been a few near misses, but also some unexpected direct hits.....What your describing isn't bad luck, it's simply what everyone else in every part of the world experiences, it's simply the law of averages, a numbers game if you will

Well the 18z is doing exactly what I expected, the southward trend, I fully expect bone dry conditions in the end with the low sliding through the channel with Southampton being as northward as it gets.

Posted

Well the 18z is doing exactly what I expected, the southward trend, I fully expect bone dry conditions in the end with the low sliding through the channel with Southampton being as northward as it gets.

As I said before....EVERTHING avoids our beloved Midlands 'dead zone'.