Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Snow will be strike parts of the SE within 2 hours time. It will not be loads, but will cause mayhem due to the vast drop in temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I really wouldn't expect anything from that feature! Nothing but a few rogue flurries are forecast for this area!

It seems to have just hit Cheltenham/Gloucester now so perhaps someone from up there could give us an insight into what falling from the sky??

Just pure boring, usual rain Im afraid! :cray:

Posted

Snow will be strike parts of the SE within 2 hours time. It will not be loads, but will cause mayhem due to the vast drop in temps.

not sure the 'Daily Mail' headline is necessary mate but a less dramatic version of what you just said looks possible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That band seems to be maintaining strengh fairly well Im not convinced it will fizzle out just yet. :search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

That band seems to be maintaining strengh fairly well Im not convinced it will fizzle out just yet. :search:

Will it be rain or will it be snow though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Will it be rain or will it be snow though?

Depends on intensity but Im not sure really as temperature is marginal for mendips being 3.0c although dewpoints are good so maybe a sleet turning to wet snow for some?

Posted

Ian F has just said it is unlikely to make it into West Wiltshire on Twitter! Maybe North Wiltshire, but that is it!

North Cotswolds reporting snow though!

Posted

Well, we've had maybe 3/4" of wet snow and A49 at Dinmore has stopped. Slow moving downhill towards Hfd. Stopped snowing 1/4 hour ago and mayhem. It's a Ministery Trunk road and a Strategic Route to boot. Hey ho....

Posted

Yamkin, please, please pretty please can you stop posting things like the above when it clearly isn't going to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Pretty certain its snowing here, seems to be mixed in with sleet, but settling white on windscreens!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Thanks Yamkin, dramatically red, but something to look forward to after my afternoon xmas shopping in Croydon, where can I watch this evolve?

Posted

Went over to the Stokenchurch area and they still have a covering of snow there. Could see the hills in the distance were covered in snow whilst approaching Stokenchurch on the M40. Then driving from junctions 6 to 5 (London bound) there was a dusting right down to the motorway level (none on the carriageway). Went into Stokenchurch itself and there were still some cars, pavements, fields with snow on. Maybe 1cm or 2cm where it hadn't melted. Nothing on the roads though.

Then headed out to Cowleaze Woods (834 feet asl), which is just to the west of Stokenchurch and had a walk around. A dusting of about 1cm or 2cm remained when I got there but it was enough to make that nice crunching noise underfoot. Some sheltered patches had about 3cm though. Drove down A40 on way home and car thermo was 1c in the snow at the top, 3c at the bottom.

Should tide me over until we get a proper snow spell Jan/Feb anyway. :)

From Lewknor looking up at Chilterns:

post-13386-0-10600900-1324056507_thumb.j

From Cowleaze Woods looking down below:

post-13386-0-26188000-1324056578_thumb.j

post-13386-0-42230700-1324056629_thumb.j

Posted

Thanks Yamkin, dramatically red, but something to look forward to after my afternoon xmas shopping in Croydon, where can I watch this evolve?

I cant see anything of note on any rain radar site?.....Only a band of showers fizzling out around Wales/Midlands?......Temp has dropped though last hour or two.

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

I cant see anything of note on any rain radar site?.....Only a band of showers fizzling out around Wales/Midlands?......Temp has dropped though last hour or two.

I've just looked at the NW radar and agree. There is nothing of note heading this way.

Posted

Its very unlikely

Posted

If only that had settled we would have been knee deep in it - that was torrential sleet !

Posted

Yamkin, please, please pretty please can you stop posting things like the above when it clearly isn't going to happen.

Very light snow in Ealing. MetO have issued sleet/snow alert to Croydon Council.

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Very light snow in Ealing. MetO have issued sleet/snow alert to Croydon.

What for 'very light snow'.....I admire your cause for snow Yamkin even if I hate the stuff the majority love it...However as I get told in the Model thread...maybe a few rain radar charts to show us?...Im sure your localised Croydon is a snow heaven attraction but for most we cannot see it?

Posted

Looks like some heavyish rain coming into Bristol and Bath within the next hour anyway!

Could cause some quite significant ice issues after it clears, as i expect temps to get down to below freezing quite widely tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

is it causing mayhem?

I did see an old crisp packet flying through the air, but I don't think its related. A small area of heavier rain,sleet,snow working towards me, we'll see what happens with that