Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Very few wet snowflakes near Evesham (about 115m above sea level). Only lasted 2 minutes now back to rain

Edited by FreezeManiac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

No rain here yet in Polesworth (North Warks/South Staffs border) even though the radar's saying it is. Might go to bed for a few hours and set my alarm for about 3 in the morning and come back down :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Been starting to rain for a bit now. About 100 meters high here, so probably won't see anything wintry until perhaps 3am, or quite possibly 2am if the Low can draw in enough cold air on its Western/North-Western part.

Posted

Just a shout to you Midlanders, it's almost certainly snowing (and settling) on the A465 Head of the Valleys "Highest Point" cam in South Wales.

Not too far away from your territory either! Although the words "Highest Point" suggest you need to have height on your side :winky: Sleet falling here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../trafficcameras

Looking quite tasty up there now. Just seen gritter go up.

Posted

I know we're supposed to be nowcasting now, but have you guys seen this yet? It's a thing of great beauty for us snow starved E'Midlanders...

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2011/12/15/basis18/ukuk/prty/11121612_1518.gif

Posted

Its quite favorable here if the precipitation gets going, 2.6C, dew point 1.1C. Very light at the minute. Not much elevation, only 80m. As I said I think the transition will be a lot quicker than waiting until 5am as the media forecasts have been suggesting, or as the East Midlands today forecast pretty much got rid of the snow risk altogether with Mrs Blizzard. I was flicking between that and the Look East women, the new one - don't know where they got her from, dreadful - not the forecast, seems to be a big laugh to her, being rubbish and fluffing her lines.

Posted

Very few wet snowflakes near Evesham (about 115m above sea level). Only lasted 2 minutes now back to rain

Very good sign if it's turning a little wintry already. Thanks for the update. :good:

Posted

Light rain here now but im sure there is already a few wet snowflakes in it. May be wrong though.

You got me looking now! I can't see any but I am much further down than you in elevation. I agree it has a sleety look to it. It looks like the kind of rain that could turn. Does that make sense? Probably not!

So my prediction of it being dry has been proved wrong already. I am getting things spectacularly wrong this December! What shall I predict next?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hey everyone, just got back online- can anyone update me on where the eye is now? and I have been reading reports of the Low being a little bit further north, or slower, or (dare I say it) the East Midlands coming off with a slight chance of seeing some of the white stuff. But I dont see any "upgrades" for that on the Meto site or the 18z, or any charts i have recklessly scanned through (radar is also showing precip still to my west and south) Anyone catch me up on any news??? :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Could this be a non-event? Precipitation has already cleared Cornwall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I know we're supposed to be nowcasting now, but have you guys seen this yet? It's a thing of great beauty for us snow starved E'Midlanders...

http://expert-images...121612_1518.gif

Yep.. looking beautiful ! I'm a bit cautious of that though. Not even nowcasting with the radar is proving reliable for me. Should of been raining for an hour now. Still nothing.

Could this be a non-event? Precipitation has already cleared Cornwall!

Uhh yeah bit it hit cornwall over 6 hours ago !

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Hey everyone, just got back online- can anyone update me on where the eye is now? and I have been reading reports of the Low being a little bit further north, or slower, or (dare I say it) the East Midlands coming off with a slight chance of seeing some of the white stuff. But I dont see any "upgrades" for that on the Meto site or the 18z, or any charts i have recklessly scanned through (radar is also showing precip still to my west and south) Anyone catch me up on any news??? :good:

Hi Crimson! I see you're in Notts - whereabouts? I'm in Long Eaton, very amateur at this but seriously hoping for some snow!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

18z NMM looking very tasty for Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton and all the way east. Though Leicester looks like the northern most extent we are right on the edge of snow or sleet according to the NMM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, that's the girlfriend asleep in bed, I've just snuck downstairs to fire up my PC and see what the latest situation is :rofl: I'm so sad!

Radar reckons it started raining here about 40 mins ago but sod all so far has fallen, the PPN does look a bit further North than I expected though, I thought it would be about 50 miles further South at this point, Temp is currently 3.2c here with a dew of 0.6c. I'm hoping that temp and dew continue downwards and don't creep up at any point, if the moderate to heavy PPN hits us with temps like that I would expect wet snow at least!