Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

the winds seem much stronger tonight than yesterday! I've opened my window for the full effect lol

I like a girl who opens her windows for full effect :air_kiss: and it seems you have taken my advice from the winter storm thread. Good on you. :good:

Enjoy and stay safe Tilly.

Stormy Regards

gottolovethisweather

Winds are gusting quite strong here, I dont have any type of readings to find out how strong, but if anybodies about tonight, let us know

See my post here http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72127-atlantic-storms-january-part-2/page__view__findpost__p__2204070 Flash one. :good:

Posted

Cheers, looks like im in for a fairly rough night....always sounds worse down the chimney, but im gonna have to super glue my letter box flap down, it keeps banging and no amount of tape will hold it down lol

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just a quick tease from me, well more appropriately from Steve Murr in the MOD thread.

If folk are bored to tears with the current RAGING ZONAL situation then look no further than January 15th.

post-7183-0-41970900-1325719861_thumb.pn

We can but dream. I actually believe within a few days, some decent cooler snaps and perhaps something more tempting will become more evident as a trend.

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

The heavy squall of showers is still heading South. This will be very interesting if the intensity remains in a few hours time as it get's closer to the S/SE areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I like a girl who opens her windows for full effect :air_kiss: and it seems you have taken my advice from the winter storm thread. Good on you. :good:

Enjoy and stay safe Tilly.

Stormy Regards

gottolovethisweather

See my post here http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2204070 Flash one. :good:

haha I know I read your post after I posted mine...great minds!! :D You've got to have the windows open for nights like this. I also clean mine when storms or snow are forecast so I can see them properly lol. I'm all safe don't you worry, tucked up just listening :D

Posted

Hahaha some funny posts here, to Tilly and GotToLoveThisWeather I hope your windows dont fly off in these strong winds! Getting very windy here now, I really hope the house doesnt fall down...lol, I better not joke, I might jinx myself. Wow just had some strong gust just then, anyway I need to get to sleep. :lazy:

Posted

MetO are not taking any chances this time and will change their yellow alert in accordance with the squall as it continues to move South.

Posted

Concerning the latest I refer to my post on the winter storm thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72127-atlantic-storms-january-part-2/page__view__findpost__p__2204243

This is slowly turning into a night to remember.

Take Care all and sleep well.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Still gusty this morning but I think the worst may be over. A lot of cloud now moving in with yet more rain I bet!

Posted

This is slowly turning into a night to remember.

Take Care all and sleep well.

gottolovethisweather

OK, so what did I miss??

Max wind speed 17kts and 1mm of rain, clearly wasn't destined for this part of Southern England!

Posted

Wind has gone now really stormy here about 7 am, blown down my fence that has been standing for fifteen years, bins blown everywhere and rubbish.

GFS still going for Zonal nearly for the whole of Jan i think this winter going to be a typical non event!!!

Posted

OK, so what did I miss??

Max wind speed 17kts and 1mm of rain, clearly wasn't destined for this part of Southern England!

Ha Ha, don't have a go at me, I don't make the weather dear Sir. :p

Only 42mph maximum gust here in Newbury but many places down south had gusts in the region of 50-70mph as I understand it. :huh: Portland, not far from you achieved 60mph plus gusts. Not a lot of rain here either with 0.8mm being measured since midnight.

In my opinion it has not been a bad start to the year in terms of activity and although I like the cold, snowy, frosty spells, this has been something to behold.

The UK's weather is normally always in a state of motion and surely, if folk cannot enjoy it that way, then perhaps you need another hobby. ;)

Gusty Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Here we go. Showers heading from the NW direction will be with us soon coupled with gales. Take care everyone.

On a humorous note...............

article-2081141-0F53D9B200000578-394_634x435.jpg

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

....but it's going to get windy; people aren't going mine-clearing!

Yellow Warning of Land Mines Ice :

Valid from 0005 Fri 06 Jan to 1000 Fri 06 Jan

Clearing skies following late showers on Thursday evening may lead to some icy stretches forming later in the night and at first on Friday.

The public should be aware of the need for extra care, particularly road uses.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

well the end of another eventful weather day wind rain and murky and just to top it off my fence has apprently blown down today so something to look forward to when i get home!!!!. Bring on the cold and snow otherwise im going to live in levi in finnish lapland. a nice 2ft base of snow there and loads today. lol Rant over.

Posted

Join the club mine has blown down as well :wallbash: Nice expenditure for the start of the year, wouldnt minded so much if it had blown down in a blizzard!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Oddly ours blew down in Hurricane Bawbag which didn't even effect the SE that much, but stays perfectly intact the last couple of days.

How does that one work?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Oddly ours blew down in Hurricane Bawbag which didn't even effect the SE that much, but stays perfectly intact the last couple of days.

How does that one work?

longer nails ? :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I do like the cold weather......

Probably traffic jams.

Yeah,bloody tourists clogging up the roads on their way to the West Country to enjoy the very mild weather conditions and spectacular storm surges as they hit the coast....

My word,it was rather windy yesterday,and so-so today. :cold:

No sign of any end to the mild-ish conditions where i be,even though i have my heating on at present.....Local news saying that the current weather is screwing up nature a tad....Flowers still growing that were planted in the Summer,Strawberries growing here and there,insects having a long stay of execution as they fly around.

Edited by WestCountry11

Posted

Yeah,bloody tourists clogging up the roads on their way to the West Country to enjoy the very mild weather conditions and spectacular storm surges as they hit the coast....

My word,it was rather windy yesterday,and so-so today. :cold:

No sign of any end to the mild-ish conditions where i be,even though i have my heating on at present.....Local news saying that the current weather is screwing up nature a tad....Flowers still growing that were planted in the Summer,Strawberries growing here and there,insects having a long stay of execution as they fly around.

You're not alone - up the M5 in BTL it's been v windy here the last few days...come to think of it that is probably the standout feature of this winter so far - windy.

And the Daffs are sprouting in a number of gardens in our street! Cannot remember them coming up this early....some look like they're about to flower!

Posted

fi i know

london ensembles trending colder from the 14th.

lets hope the trend continues

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

i had my fence knocked down by the wind today as well :sorry:

Edited by john pike

Posted

Stunning start to the day again today. Clear sky and a burning orange sunrise, bit chilly too which is nice

Posted

Stunning start to the day again today. Clear sky and a burning orange sunrise, bit chilly too which is nice

Even had me a light frost in my backyard! It is very pleasant outside today, nice and crisp with NO WIND! Perfect day to go and fix the fence panel which blew over. Have a great day all. 8)