Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands, East Anglia & The 3 Counties Regional Discussion - Part 5

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Having over-analyzed the rain drops while they have been falling outside, some of them looked as though they were a little bit sleety. But I reckon had the showery precipitation been a little heavier, probably would have become even more wintry in nature.

Looking at the radar, looks as though there is another blue blob heading this way. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

A thin cover of snow lying here after early evening showers which have just cleared to the south. About 5cm of lying snow above 400m a few miles north. I just need it to freeze now so that it lasts until observation time tomorrow morning.

It's Chaos over this end people have abandoned there cars on Winnats pass apparently i got stuck in Heavy Snow on my way from Edale to the Back of Mam tor and winnats pass i had to turn back because i got stuck 3/4 of the way up on the way home i got stuck at Fox House for a time aswell where there was alot of abandoned cars there was buses stuck aswell, Buxton is having it bad again as usual http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/ this is a short video i took earlier while out walking in the Peak District http://twitpic.com/8cedj4

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

think threads should be split now, as E anglia and 3 counties likely to see miles more snow if beast arrives

post-10773-0-81697100-1327696884_thumb.j

Don't worry all being well the threads should be split later on tonight :good:

Posted

Just thinking how warm it was when I was last up in the Peak District last summer. Looking different today in those photos. Thanks for sharing!

Still the showers rattle on through here...all of rain though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Well....looks like this is going to be the place to be in the next couple of weeks.

Some really exciting potential cold to come....with emphasis on potential.

I've seen some mentions of January 1987 and Feb 1991 being made. Personally, of the two, I would plump for 1991. I remember snow lying on the ground for ages in 1987...but though to the east and to the south they were big dumpings, we never really got above 5cm of snow, if that.

On the other hand I can remember 1991 being the year we got the "wrong type of snow". I was chucked off my train and ended up having to walk the last three miles in the snow to work, I remember the first snow falling on a thursday afternoon and looking out of the office window in the city to the cars skidding on the road below. The friday was the train day....by saturday morning there was 10 inches on my car. Lovely!

First and foremost I hope the potential does translate into cold and snow....anything will do. But if it gets more severe than something akin to 1991 as opposed to 1987 will do for me please! :)

Posted

I hope for neither 87 or 91...I hope Feb 12 makes it's own name in weather history!

Still a lot to sort beforehand...I know.

Tomorrow looking like a rather pleasant winter's day. Will be nice to get a day that is dry from start to finish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

18Z still develops beast fot thursday 2nd Feb, -15 uppers around north sea, surely gfs underdoing convective activity

Posted

even with theese truly amazing charts, im very skeptical with reguards to getting any more than a couple of inches imby after the massive let down over the last four years, i expect all the snow to be north of the wash, south of ipswich or west of say bury area, as it always seems to be for some unfortunate reason.. pessamistic i know, but probably quite realistic. i really hope im wrong this year though.

Posted

even with theese truly amazing charts, im very skeptical with reguards to getting any more than a couple of inches imby after the massive let down over the last four years, i expect all the snow to be north of the wash, south of ipswich or west of say bury area, as it always seems to be for some unfortunate reason.. pessamistic i know, but probably quite realistic. i really hope im wrong this year though.

With an E'ly you are in a prime position.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Just keeping my hand in :rolleyes:

a few wintery showers crossing over Birmingham, this afternoon

Filmed with Brumcam

Simple Minds

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Wow a couple of inches!

You ought to try living here, we barely got over an inch last winter, we missed over 8 snow events! leaving us as the only patch of green left on these islands.

I just hope nature gives us something better this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hows sunday looking, does the warm front have to move this far East and then the cold front to then move in for it to snow?, i dont know how it works and all.

Very unlikely it will reach your location. The warm front looks like so far it will make the Welsh Border at the most.

Posted

Hows sunday looking, does the warm front have to move this far East and then the cold front to then move in for it to snow?, i dont know how it works and all.

The warm front by Sunday wont make it past Ireland.

Posted

Very unlikely it will reach your location. The warm front looks like so far it will make the Welsh Border at the most.

The warm front by Sunday wont make it past Ireland.

Oh great, Thanks for the reply guys, at least it seems its going to be getting colder, hope I see some snow at some point soon!

Posted

Anybody else have the feeling this could still go tetis up? or i'm i just being paranoid?

Dont think i have the stomach to watch the next outputs............ :ph34r:

It's either going to be bitterly cold with wide spread snow ( most of it in the East Mids :whistling: ) OR THAT BLOCK WILL SINK and leave us all in :cray:

Paranoia..damn.

Posted

Please note, the smaller regional groups are about to reopen, because those weather boffs say it's about to get cold. This thread will lock shortly.

Hope no one gets lost.