Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I remember that perfectly, metoffice were wrong, bbc forecasts were wrong and there you have it

Yet i'm getting shot down for suggesting the FAX charts, UKMO and BBC may not be right this time either...

Posted

The other thing I don't get about times like these is why people treat the BBC and Met Office ICONS like they're the oracle of all weather knowledge. They're probably using out of date UKMO/NAE data.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Really hope the models do project a significant westward revision of the front tomorrow, if only so I don't have to read "Kent... London, Kent... The Wash, Norfolk.... Kent... EA/SE... The Wash... SE will get pasted... Lincs, The Wash... every 5 minutes.

Have to agree, but there we go - lets hope they all get disappointed! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looks like newcastle under lyme will miss out

no way, not completely, good elevation as well, temporary snow cover at worst there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

just looked at bbc midlands today forecast and areas east of bham do look good for several hours of snow which is good news for my neck of the woods! but then again the met or bbc could get it all wrong (again)

Posted

For some reason I doubt I'll see a complete recreation of the scenes in my avatar, but hopefully by the time I wake up on Sunday the snow won't have turned to complete slush. :)

Even if some don't get what they want, hopefully there'll be plenty more opportunities this month.

Posted

Look, we're all going to see some snow. How much is still lying come Sunday morning remains to be seen but the initial fall will quickly settle on very cold, dry ground. And subsequent rain will be falling on frozen snow. Ice could be a serious issue.

Edited by Essan

Posted

True we are 160 m above and we could get a blast through the cheshire gap . Iv being paying to much attention to the charts

Posted

For some reason I doubt I'll see a complete recreation of the scenes in my avatar, but hopefully by the time I wake up on Sunday the snow won't have turned to complete slush. :)

Even if some don't get what they want, hopefully there'll be plenty more opportunities this month.

how much did you get then, looks about 3/4" on the wall? you got any pics from then to get us in the mood? plus i wanna be sure that whats falling tomorrow is snow, ive forgot what it looks like living around here

Posted

Here's what I think.

West of the M5...snow to rain and 3-5cm of snow.

Between M5/M6 corridor and the M1 more in the way of snow and maybe a bit more accumulation. Chance of a change over to rain near the end...but it won't be huge.

East of the M1 will see all snow with the possibility of some localised large accumulations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

True we are 160 m above and we could get a blast through the cheshire gap . Iv being paying to much attention to the charts

not cheshire gap setup though, elevation helps especially later when turns to rain

Posted

Here's what I think.

Between M5/M6 corridor and the M1 more in the way of snow and maybe a bit more accumulation. Chance of a change over to rain near the end...but it won't be huge.

East of the M1 will see all snow with the possibility of some localised large accumulations.

You refering to the M1 thats 10miles to my east!! lol

Posted

The start of the snow when the snow is in the northwest we may see a shower come through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Here's what I think.

There probably will be a short time that despite being so close that you report rain first and myself a little later thanks to elevation. The differenc ebetween here and Stourbridge town itself can be stark in marginal set ups.

Posted

how much did you get then, looks about 3/4" on the wall? you got any pics from then to get us in the mood? plus i wanna be sure that whats falling tomorrow is snow, ive forgot what it looks like living around here

We got around 50cm overall (from the streamer that effected the North Midlands and South Yorkshire), a once in the lifetime event. Unfortunately, nobody seemed to realise as for some strange reason the Met Office didn't give us a red warning. I have some more pictures but I don't think any of them are that good. Unfortunately my camera is terrible. :(

Posted

The nae has been hugely consistent with this. There is no doubt precipitation will hit the midlands and it will be cold enough for snow for all at some point.. Though lasting longer in the east.

This is such a Different situation to the one before Christmas where there was huge uncertainty over the track of a southerly tracking low pressure

Posted

There probably will be a short time that despite being so close that you report rain first and myself a little later thanks to elevation. The differenc ebetween here and Stourbridge town itself can be stark in marginal set ups.

Yeah, thats a worry for me....there's a good chance I'll see very little due to my elevation while other parts of the Black Country do very well. It's happened before...February 2010 was a good case of that. A lot of lying snow in Brierley Hill...a fair bit on the ground around the Stourbridge Junction area....just wet here in Wordsley.

I'm expecting a lot more sleet and rain where I am compared to other local places. A walk up Brettel Lane may be called for!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You refering to the M1 thats 10miles to my east!! lol

The M1 is 1 mile to my West :rofl: I'd laugh if it really did come down to which side of the M1 you are!

Posted

Amazing how people can predict snow to within 10 miles LOL Just have watch the radar and the lamp posts and see what we get!

We're only having a bit of fun! Always worth a punt when a snow event is due. I see you're in Rowley Regis..it's quite high up there, some parts are very high up. That should see you do a bit better than other parts around here!

Posted

no way, not completely, good elevation as well, temporary snow cover at worst there

With driving drizzle for Wildwood... :rofl:

The M1 is 1 mile to my West :rofl: I'd laugh if it really did come down to which side of the M1 you are!

How galling would it be to be one side of the M1 with rain whilst your buddies across the motorway get buried...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What's fax showing?

I'll just go to the fax machine and have a look..........................

It's from Churchills, titled

"ARE YOU PAYING TOO MUCH FOR YOUR CAR INSURANCE?"

and there was me thinking it might be a weather chart :lol: