Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys,

Keep the faith, I am sure there will be more changes yet involving shortwaves.

Anyway - 2degrees colder here than last night at -3.2C. Last night minimum was -5.5C at 7:45 a.m this morning after the sky cleared and the wind dropped.

I am amazed at some of the low temps being reported from Soutern England hotspots eg Benson already -8.0 and others are rporting -7c. Several places in South Wales are also at -6C. The colder it can get to the south of us the better.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lol we shouldnt joke, this country has a habit of doing anything it can to avoid snow

don't say that, you'll set Radders off.... :w00t: (sorry bud!)

Posted

lol we shouldnt joke, this country has a habit of doing anything it can to avoid snow

Just saw your question in the other thread.. TETIS has replied..

I'm saying nowt.. (tin hat on )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Hi guys,

Keep the faith, I am sure there will be more changes yet involving shortwaves.

Anyway - 2degrees colder here than last night at -3.2C. Last night minimum was -5.5C at 7:45 a.m this morning after the sky cleared and the wind dropped.

I am amazed at some of the low temps being reported from Soutern England hotspots eg Benson already -8.0 and others are rporting -7c. Several places in South Wales are also at -6C. The colder it can get to the south of us the better.

MIA

Yes Im recording -7.2C at present and others in the South West thread are reporting similarly low values - yet to pop into the Wales thread for their latest readings. Pressure is 1038Mb too, so can this front really just barge in as quick as some are suggesting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It had what?

Did you not see the occlusion on yesterday evening and this morning's fax backing westward over the west Midlands? Looked like a front that wasn't in any hurry to make to the other side of the country.

W09 take the hint from my last line in my post....'no point in splitting hairs'...so we disagree....great, lovely, smashing, wonderful....It's friday night, I fancy a few cold one's and a chill evening.....sorry bud, but I'm not in the mood for going 'tete a tete'....some other time perhaps

Edited by ajpoolshark
pm'd you

Posted

Especially leicestershire the council don't bother stocking up on grit or salt they maintain that snow deflector shield very well, slight malfunction last night but i hear its back up and running again ready for the weekend

Posted

The 18z output is starting to trickle out. All eyes on the NAE/NMM as these are the only models worth following this close to an event.

NAE updates here: http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=6&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

In the very immediate term, the NAE 18z look to have upgraded the uppers. Whether that has an effect later tomorrow I dont know.

Posted

gfs unbelievably further west at just +3 lol, might nt stay that way though lets see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

W09 take the hint from my last line in my post....'no point in splitting hairs'...so we disagree....great, lovely, smashing, wonderful....It's friday night, I fancy a few cold one's and a chill evening.....sorry bud, but I'm not in the mood for going 'tete a tete'....some other time perhaps

I'll go tete a tete with ya pal :winky: *slicks hair back and tapes hands up* :w00t:

Posted

So, a weenie bit better for the midlands from the 18z then?

Awwwwwwww I really wanna go out on my new toy tomorrow too...meh! where's those warm southwesterlies when you need um?

Prolly have afreeze for the whole of feb knowing our bad luck now? :D

Posted

Is it me or does NAE have the front passing through at rocket speed?

not sure about that precip amount are increased though slightly. lets hope its snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18z GFS definitely a touch further West! :D

NAE looks a touch further West too. Of course its relatively small but could make all the difference for some especially if this trend continues!

Posted

well gfs ends up further east at the crunch time, not good. was to be expected though really has been a trend for the 18z to move things further east after the 12z

not sure bout west blizzards http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= compare directly 850s, snowtype at +27

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

The GFS has slowed it down a bit in terms of how quickly it arrives. Not much further south and east than Coventry between 1800-2100 according to this run. I'll be sitting here reading the reports from the rest of the region whilst I'm waiting, of course. ;)

Posted

I don't know why, but I'm still not overly confident tomorrow. Guess I'll believe it when I see it. Just hoping that we don't get much rain afterwards..

Posted

Evening all! So I thought Saturday night / Sunday morning was now pretty much a guaranteed event? So why does the forecast on netweather tell me only 45% chance of snow for Northampton? Maybe a daft question but can anyone explain?