IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

We need this band to slow right up, which looks like is has quite a bit, timing is going to be everything here. The temps should start to fall again soon. Although the met website saying temps of 7 degrees tonight here in bournemouth

Posted

No chance here on south coast temp in Portsmouth 3.4 degrees already. Well gutted

The temperature will drop as the day draws to a close, and the snow band will not be here until then.

We will all see snow. Some more briefly than others, but if parts of south devon are reporting snow we will see snow.

Posted

We should start seeing a few more flakes this way soon. The band has stalled around exeter but some patchy pieces are breaking off and heading this way.

If anyone from weymouth you will see signs VERY soon! Please keep your eye open and report on what you are seeing!

Posted

The front appears to be fragmenting a lttle across the southern areas with the main surge now appearing to have slowed down.

So looks like the timings of it hitting here have now gone backwards towards dark at least.

Temperature increase has slowed marginally, dropping from +1C/hour now back to +0.8/hour.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Tamp has steadied out now, currently 2.0c and DP of -1.0c if it stays that way I think I may do well, especially if it starts to drop again this evening.

Posted

The front appears to be fragmenting a lttle across the southern areas with the main surge now appearing to have slowed down.

So looks like the timings of it hitting here have now gone backwards towards dark at least.

Yes i agree, at first this am it was looking like 2pm but we are not going to get the main band till much later now!!

Tamp has steadied out now, currently 2.0c and DP of -1.0c if it stays that way I think I may do well, especially if it starts to drop again this evening.

You got a very good chance in blandford mate! Further away from the coast the better!

Posted

The front is racing in, looks like it is 3 hours ahead of itself to where the models predicted. Can't be good, looks like blasting the block away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My current assessment of the situation is that right now, the heaviest precipitation is out towards the North and West of the UK which is good. :drinks:

As per my post earlier, the slower this moves in the better as colder air will come in from the North and East all slowly sinking South. :drinks:

The heaviest precipitation needs to arrive between midnight and breakfast time tomorrow and I'm speaking for everyone here. :drinks:

I'm hoping that more analysis will be forthcoming from the more respected members soon. :good:

Snowy Thanks

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Temp 1c here, DP -3c, Humidity 74%. Definitely feels a little breezy outside now (wind direction S-SE). Also noticing a little more cloud cover, but still patches of blue around. I can't see the temperature going up much now so I am really relying on the weather front stalling a little further west than forecast! If it does then hopefully it will be all snow!

Posted

Sounds good to me GTLTW.

The temps are stabilising here, DP -1, air temp 2, wind straight out of the South.

The front is slowing with PP pepping up over N Ireland as we speak

This is all positive news (except for wind direction of course)

BO

Edited by Barometer Obama

Posted

Yes i agree, at first this am it was looking like 2pm but we are not going to get the main band till much later now!!

You got a very good chance in blandford mate! Further away from the coast the better!

Thats what I'm hoping, a good 100m asl also helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The front is racing in, looks like it is 3 hours ahead of itself to where the models predicted. Can't be good, looks like blasting the block away

Hi windseeker.

Please update your profile as this will others in chasing this SNOWFEST and NON-SNOWFEST scenario.

Many Thanks

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

My current assessment of the situation is that right now, the heaviest precipitation is out towards the North and West of the UK which is good. :drinks:

As per my post earlier, the slower this moves in the better as colder air will come in from the North and East all slowly sinking South. :drinks:

The heaviest precipitation needs to arrive between midnight and breakfast time tomorrow and I'm speaking for everyone here. :drinks:

I'm hoping that more analysis will be forthcoming from the more respected members soon. :good:

Snowy Thanks

gottolovethisweather

That sounds great although in the southern area (hampshire) says the temperature will increase over night.. Met Office & Netweather?

Posted

The temperature will drop as the day draws to a close, and the snow band will not be here until then.

We will all see snow. Some more briefly than others, but if parts of south devon are reporting snow we will see snow.

dew point risen to 0.9 in past hour

neweather extra radar asys 850's at -6 so wil be interesting to see what happens as front arrives

Here's a summary for your region,

Snow showers are likely to begin in Northern parts this afternoon. By this evening Northern and Eastern parts are likely to see snow showers and it may be heavy at times. Sadly Western area's don't look to good at the moment for any snowfall with rain or sleet likely. It seems for this region the more North or East you are the better chances you will have.

Will try to provide a more up to date forecast for you all this evening.

Posted

This wind is going to turn SSW 23 mph around 6pm. Thats when the temps will rise. as whats happened in Cornwall.

Hi Thanks for all these reports but can you clarify your sources in your posts. :good:

Posted

Temperature 4.8C here! With a dew point of +1C :cray:

Southerly winds off a warm channel are sending temps too high along the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Newbury has clouded considerably over fron the west since this morning. Think I will refrain from forum watching though until later. Have fun all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Just been out for a walk on the iow.i think we will have snow as its still bitterly cold....fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Think we should all conclude that were not going to get any snow, especially closer to the channel. The warmth from this is making the temperatures rise rather then decrease. Not very likely for snow on the IOW.. If there is a shift west later it could be interesting.