Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

lol I love that picture! It'll probably be the closest I get to snow this weekend - the Hampshire shield is up methinks :(

Well pixi I've got to say if our host (Nick) is doing a runner what hope have we got left. :help: Quick lets all leg it over to the southeast thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Going by my met office app it's saying that us in Portsmouth will only see sleet !!!

ok the met office warnings lol......the app sucks.whatever happened they have drawn a big area for snow and we are in that.may turn to rain Later on but I'm only ever confident when we get a warning from the met.only let me down once a few years back ..... Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well pixi I've got to say if our host (Nick) is doing a runner what hope have we got left. :help: Quick lets all leg it over to the southeast thread.

I'm gutted I won't be here for it. It's looking crap for the West Midlands!

It's just that the M40 will be a nightmare tomorrow night.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Wait for me..... :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I have resigned myself to seeing a combination of snow and heavy sleet now. I believe that my location is right on the edge and I'll see the milder air push through by the time I wake up on Sunday morning. Just hoping that there is enough snow for the kids to build a snowman!!

But tonight is going to be chilly. Current temp -1c, DP -7c and humidity 66%

Posted

I have resigned myself to seeing a combination of snow and heavy sleet now. I believe that my location is right on the edge and I'll see the milder air push through by the time I wake up on Sunday morning. Just hoping that there is enough snow for the kids to build a snowman!!

But tonight is going to be chilly. Current temp -1c, DP -7c and humidity 66%

We are already -2.3 here in Weymouth....it's going to be a cold one tonight regardless of what happens tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Snow for Southampton approx 7pm Sat night. But blink and you'd miss it with rapid rain to follow :80:. I guess the best I can hope for is a late arrival signalling the front is moving across more slowly than predicted. No, the best I can hope for is a stall... ;):rofl:

Posted

GTLTW will be along soon to up the anti. :D I'll go and fetch Yamkin fron elsewhere, he's a Piers stalwart. Oop's that's blown it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Moved to Pompey from Essex over a decade ago, and look at Essex with envy now this weekend as looks like they will get plenty of snow! So what are the chances of Portsmouth getting at least a covering? Even just an inch will be great :good:

*NEW* Weather-related puzzles now available on www.twitter.com/jumblgram

Posted

Could be more intresting next wee as we return to the east not as cold but more moisture think its one to wach for.not exspecting much snow this week end here.likely to turn to rain as temps rise ahead of the front.

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Would love to know how weather channel come up with there forecasts. Now showing for here a 10% chance of ppn for sat and sun. Even i know we are about 70% likely to get rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

for nw london

So a bit pointless in the south central thread! More suited to the London and south east thread!

Posted

I'm here - i'm here. Just at work at moment. I really don't know what to think about this. What did the latest model show? Still further east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Quite confident that I will see snow here in NE Hampshire tomorrow but looks as though it will be later in the day - late afternoon early evening.

Currently -2 and clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Quite confident that I will see snow here in NE Hampshire tomorrow but looks as though it will be later in the day - late afternoon early evening.

Currently -2 and clear.

I hope you're right, being next door to me!

Posted

RJS post worth a read as he has just upped the prospects. The model thread has gone bananas for next week as the latest charts are good for a blast in many places next week. So think tomorrow may well be a pivotal moment.

Edited by flyer

Posted

6:30 Beeb forecast was much better than the 6 o'clock! White stuff hung around much longer and they seem to be less sure about the middle of the front turning to rain. :clapping:

Love, you Mr Deakin! :air_kiss:

Posted

Bournemouth-Exeter cancelled tomorrow - frozen pitch (not off-topic, Gotto!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hello peeps!

On my way back home fron sunny Brighton and stopped at m3 services to send this and grab a couple of provisions. Saw the slight wobble this morning saying could be more rain from the NAE model runs. Just glancing at a couple of thread I believe now not so true and a snow event east of iow with very good potential for Berkshire and oxon? Nick L what does IMO mean? Am an oldy and dont get some of the new chat abbrevs.

Driving back on m23 the VMS warned of severe weather forecast sat. And I know that some Local authorities have sent round the contingency planning emails to colleagues warning of severe weather.

My question is I can't grasp though is when? BBC news was so vague this morning but is it morning avo or evening. Anyone please any idea!

Right I best grab that food and get back on my way home.

Pb