Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Wheres my snow....GRRR radar shows its so close. nothing here yet?

Saint, you got any yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Moderate nice dry snow here in godmanchester settling easily

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

ok, i take it back. Its Started.....Very small flakes, very slowly falling......

Posted

Rats.. the lamppost I usually use to snow-watch... usually in clear view from my chair in front of the tv... is obscured by branches..... :aggressive:

Posted

1st flakes falling is St Evenage now..Bring it on! Hopefully we can retain the snow pack before the next batch. 12z runs look great for our area..snow shower easterly followed by dumping channel low, that will do nicely :)

Posted

Quick update but I reckon between 12am-3am is when the heaviest snow will hit this region.

Posted

Not liking the front's leading edge weakening as it plows east, could end up with a damp squib of an event out here if the back edge doesn't come through in the early hours of the morning.

Posted

First flakes of light snow here in Barnet!

I must say, this front looks enormous on the radar now. As TEITS says, back edge still over the Irish Sea!

Likely to shrink as it weakens, but nevertheless a prolonged event in the offing for this region.

Steve Mich

Posted

Not liking the front's leading edge weakening as it plows east, could end up with a damp squib of an event out here if the back edge doesn't come through in the early hours of the morning.

oh doooooooooooon't

Posted

oh doooooooooooon't

I'm a natural snow pessimist, that and I much prefer easterly convections because westerly fronts have a habit of weakening before they get this far east.

Posted

I'm a natural snow pessimist, that and I much prefer easterly convections because westerly fronts have a habit of weakening before they get this far east.

shall i stop being excited then?

Posted

Couldn't be any better conditions for snow really. The ground has been frozen all week, had an ice day today, a slight dusting just to get us started, -3.3C currently with the snow only about 50 miles away.....oh, and to add the front still has precipitation intensifying on it. Didn't think I was going to be seeing this during the 2011/2012 winter....well, not 3-4 weeks ago I didn't!

You and me both mate, it was shaping up to be a horrendous winter for snow fans but looks like we've pulled it out the hat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

I'm actually positive on this one, still plenty of energy left in it yet! Looks like it has finally fully occluded as well so no warm sector to worry about and some serious precipitation in the centre. I think we should all be in for a good covering tonight!

Edited by Ian Suffolk

Posted

shall i stop being excited then?

Nah, I have higher expectations than you :p. If it's not a whiteout I'll probably find something to be disappointed about :p. So stay excited, the snow is coming it may just be weaker than everywhere else.

Posted

I'm actually positive on this one, still plenty of energy left in it yet! Looks like it has finally fully occluded as well so no warm sector to worry about. I think we should all be in for a good covering tonight!

oh i don't know who to listen to now.everyone saying something different.