Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

It looks as if that (now occluded) front is intensifying very slightly. I am however worried about how quickly it will fade as it hits into the high pressure and some fairly dry air. Look all ok at the moment though!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

hi guys im from high wycombe bucks ...i dont know much about weather..does anyone know what time the snow will reach me ? and how much possibly i could get ? thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I think it will stall over Essex, and will perk up as it hits the moister from the coasts...E,T,A . between 7pm & 8 pm

That would be GREAT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

Odd light flurry falling in the center of MK. Knocking on the door now, heavier stuff only 30mins away. Looks pretty good as temps & dew point are both below freezing :drinks:

I'm about 2 miles from CMK nothing falling yet?

Posted

I think it will stall over Essex, and will perk up as it hits the moister from the coasts...E,T,A . between 7pm & 8 pm

Whilst I suspect that may be more of a hope than a forecast? (don't blame you and I would certainly take that option) the point you bring up is a good one

Thinking back to Dec 2010, I was sitting on the SW boards (was in Cheltenham at the time) and saying that as the front pivoted into the thames estuary, it would send a pulse of energy westwards that would bring the pivoting front back in to Chelts...and thats exactly what happened.

Slightly more of a southerly element on things this time around than an easterly, but the same could apply - just look whats happening across the irish sea, the PPN is pepping up across there and throwing energy northwards. If the fronts become slow enough across us here then that could well occur as it edges into the estuary

SK

Posted

we have decided to get a takeaway tonight, not something we do often, indian for heat, then sit with the curtains open and hopefully watch the snow coming down.Temperature has dropped sharply in the past half hour, just from going outside and comparing it.

Posted

with luck it could be here about 6 then it should be fun night here in ipswich

Posted

hi guys im from high wycombe bucks ...i dont know much about weather..does anyone know what time the snow will reach me ? and how much possibly i could get ? thanks

To be honest, IMO the front is really struggling to get through Oxford at the moment and seems to be breaking up on it's leading edge all the way up through England. I'm no expert, but I think it's going to be a slow process Eastwards tonight!

Posted

I gather that the orriginal front was forecast to be weaker and break up. However, when the second front catches up with it (Which should occur soon) then the front will perk up and speed up.... I think.

Posted

I gather that the orriginal front was forecast to be weaker and break up. However, when the second front catches up with it (Which should occur soon) then the front will perk up and speed up.... I think.

I love your positive attitude Saint Lol

Posted

im expecting snow around 10pm here due to the front slowing and breaking up (as it always does). my guess is about 2 inches here in the east with just light/moderate falls, maybee more further north/west, as this is usually the case. IF i get more than 2 inches, it will be the first time for more than 20 years! i also expect a splitting of the ppn, giving the norfolk/suffolk border area very little, as this Always happens. i hope im wrong though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

To be honest, IMO the front is really struggling to get through Oxford at the moment and seems to be breaking up on it's leading edge all the way up through England. I'm no expert, but I think it's going to be a slow process Eastwards tonight!

Running the radar sequence through over the past 3-4 hours, I would say that the cold front behind is sapping the energy from the warm front; the precipitation is pepping up quite well towards it's back edge and becoming less patchy....we shall see.

Posted

Well im ready for an evening of excitement. The radar looks excellent, better than I expected.

Posted

Well im ready for an evening of excitement. The radar looks excellent, better than I expected.

Any minute now we should see the snow start, then stop after a few minutes, before the main stuff arrives!

Posted

im expecting snow around 10pm here due to the front slowing and breaking up (as it always does). my guess is about 2 inches here in the east with just light/moderate falls, maybee more further north/west, as this is usually the case. IF i get more than 2 inches, it will be the first time for more than 20 years! i also expect a splitting of the ppn, giving the norfolk/suffolk border area very little, as this Always happens. i hope im wrong though.

Keep the faith! ALL the model charts I have seen today (and thats most of them) have suggested we will be in a good position for this event. I think you will be pleasantly surprised this time, we should see between 4 and 6 inches by day break tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's snowing :clap:

Oh come on you didn't think that was it did you.....I said....

:clap:It's...... SNOWING :yahoo:

post-10773-0-49548300-1328374887_thumb.j

:rofl: