Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Snows getting quite heavy here now.

Be nice to see some pictures RI - it will get us all ready for tomorrow :good:

Posted

Still snowing here, now looking quite pretty. If it keeps up like this we won't need that Atlantic front to drop snow as we are getting it all from the North Sea.

It's not very heavy though, we need a proper pasting not this light dusting we have now. Which isn't on the radar yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

It's not very heavy though, we need a proper pasting not this light dusting we have now. Which isn't on the radar yet.

Is it getting heavier where you are. Here by Gunton Cliff it's coming down quite thick.

Posted

Still snowing here in Oulton..Just started to turn a lot heavier , now got a nice covering.. :cold:

Looking at the latest GFS it will still be snowing here into Sunday evening, and next week looks like a lot of snow with a good Eastery again..

:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Yep - looks like our region is going to pull the rabbit out of the hat here, amd on the 6z NAE and GFS the 15cm mark is looking rather average. Looks like we will have snow all night into tomorrow, much of it heavy and that could give 20 cm + for some

Yes its all set,2 fronts coming in from west with a short wave, stalling against cold and with nowhere to go. All of that nice moist maritime air can only go up,condense in to hopefully heavy snow. Seen many stalling front situations in the past grind to a halt 100 miles to our west or south so im amazed that this is still forecast to really happen. With so many near misses,in the past it will be well deserved for our region. :acute:

Posted

Is it getting heavier where you are. Here by Gunton Cliff it's coming down quite thick.

I'm right by the river and it's not got much heavier, must still be winding it;s way to me.

Posted

The things I do for you MK. It's perishing out there. Still snowing, just took this snap of the trees just back from the beach. Would you believe they are having a fishing competition on North Beach. Hardy souls.395195_361878180507758_100000567375667_1352177_2004056372_n.jpg

Posted

The things I do for you MK. It's perishing out there.

Very pretty - thank you for sharing - I do hope you haven't got hypothermia now on my account - I would feel bad :o

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Snowangel-MK, February 4, 2012 - No really I would feel very bad
Hidden by Snowangel-MK, February 4, 2012 - No really I would feel very bad

Very pretty - thank you for sharing - I do hope you haven't got hypothermia now on my account - I would feel bad :o

Liar liar pants on fire.

Posted

Well from the sliding action we are likely to see from these fronts its the stuff just to the NW of N Ire on the cold front which will eventually occlude and move this way overnight - looking pretty intense

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had a very light dusting overnight, but it's mostly gone now. Very cold and grey here, but watching the radar and satellite runs with interest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

post-10773-0-93189200-1328355753_thumb.j

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Look at the two air masses they are on a collision course :excl:

Looking very good for our area SnowAngel right in the firing line. Let's hope our local council dont wait until we get a dumping before sending the gritters out like last year!

Edited by Lammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Lots of snizzle overnight and this morning, although it has stopped now with the grand total of about 2mm. With this thick cloud the temperature isn't budging, still -1.6C........think I might have to have an afternoon nap to recharge my batteries ready for tonight!

Posted

Looking very good for our area SnowAngel right in the firing line. Let's hope our local council dont wait until we get a dumping before sending the gritters out like last year!

I was out first thing this morning and the grid roads were well gritted then - I dare say they will do an early evening run as well though !

My road won't get gritted it never dose..... but I don't care -

I will still be getting up the byroad anyway just like I did last winter....

post-10773-0-87803000-1328357216_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

GFS is now suggesting 18mm precip for East Herts - assume a ratio of 1:13 for colder powdery snow which brings us to more than 20cm snow which is much for this part of the world. What amazes me though is that on the chart scales for precip we are still at the very bottom end with up to 10mm per hour.

Posted

And the latest from the essex weather centre:

Latest model run (06Z) has upgraded snow totals once again. 13-15CM over Northern Essex and 8-10CM in the South.

SK

Posted

Amber Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

valid from 1145 Sat 04 Feb to 2359 Sat 04 Feb

Posted

snow now stopped falling, still cloudy and snow not melting, temp hovering arround 0c..

i think my area will do well tonight, the latest forecast seems to be stalling the front over the top of us..

i wouldnt be supprised to see over 20cm of snow by the end of Sunday..

Just giving you all a forecast for today and tonight on what you can expect in your regional area,

Snow showers should begin around 9pm in Western parts eventually the snow will cover your entire regional area between 12am to 6am. Snow is likely to be heavy at times. Snow accumulations of 5 to 10cm for inland areas and 2 to 5cm around the coasts. During early Sunday morning some snow showers are likely around coastal parts before clearing away. It actually looks like your region will see the best of the snowfall today and tonight.

Hope this helped and enjoy the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Hi,

I'm not surprised to see the snow amounts for our area and the general SE area of the UK being upgraded.

The front seems to be slowing - now moving around 25mph. Clearly the forecaster are seeing it stalling more as it approaches of area.

The high pressure from the east is pushing back against the west flow from the Atlantic. This will make it stall or move slow over our area.

MagicBat

Posted

snow now stopped falling, still cloudy and snow not melting, temp hovering arround 0c..

i think my area will do well tonight, the latest forecast seems to be stalling the front over the top of us..

i wouldnt be supprised to see over 20cm of snow by the end of Sunday..

are you joking? because i'm not that far away from you, and it would seem to be the same for my area then. i think 20cm would be more depth of snow than i have ever seen.i'm getting very childishly excited.