Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hello Silver line, I'm okay thanks, how about yourself? Confident about tomorrow night? ;)

Well SAINT its our best chance. As always it is a nervous time but now your on here posting im very confident.....2010 if only. :help::clapping::good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Right guys of home now. Speak soon. Keep the FAITH.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Well we appear to be in the best area for the snow staying as snow. Much nashing of teeth on some of the other threads: but we have been patient last year when nothing happened and others were on the 2 ft mark. Nothing that spectacular, but I think that for some parts of the region the 10-15 cm is a little conservative, and we may hit the 20 cm mark. Not exactly national emergency, but not to be sniffed at - and if the GFS is to be believed (and don't forget people believe the most wierd things), then we could be looking at Easterly winds setting in with the snow shower thing kicking off next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The UK Weather Battleground

BBC Weather's Chris Fawkes explains, the positioning of the snow is determined by the winner of a battle between mild and cold air.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/16872418

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Sunday morning before the trafic starts moving is going to be ideal for taking those 2012 Christmas card photos.

If anyone drives down Welwyn high street at 6am and puts muddy tracks down the middle I shall be quite upset - If you want to turn up on ski's in a mankini you're more than welcome to appear in my photos - might even make it into the nationals.. (-:

Posted

I hope we get to defcon 9 (sorry for those who have to travel)!! ;)

Lol, that's me tomorrow! :rofl:

Posted

Sunday morning before the trafic starts moving is going to be ideal for taking those 2012 Christmas card photos.

If anyone drives down Welwyn high street at 6am and puts muddy tracks down the middle I shall be quite upset - If you want to turn up on ski's in a mankini you're more than welcome to appear in my photos - might even make it into the nationals.. (-:

I've got the skiis! I'm on the dry slope then sledging at Welwyn lakes sun

is there anyone on here who can lend Tim their mankini ? - all expenses reimbursed - promise !

Posted

Am just down the road, but I won't bother.

Posted

And looking a little further ahead:

This from the Essex Weather Centre on Twitter (also occasionally posts here on Net Weather)

High confidence of 5-10CM widely across Essex during Saturday and Sunday with further snow likely next week.

And then we have exhibit B (not to be taken literally at this stage because its computer generated and generally not wholly reliable, but none-the-less..)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/stansted_forecast_weather.html

As of 17.01, forecasting further sleet/snow monday night into tuesday

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

With very little people at work,dawn on sunday morning should provide some great chances for photos .Shall be charging the camera!

Posted

Is there any chance of snow for the east tonight? been whatching the radar all day not much in the way of showers comming this way, there was some talk yesterday that this may happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

With very little people at work,dawn on sunday morning should provide some great chances for photos .Shall be charging the camera!

Not so sure, Netweather gives SLEET for our area tomorrow night. The BBC says SNOW, so Netweather is acually isolated with this forecast for us.

I think it will be a marginal situation - but according to this site we will be getting torrential sleet at 0C at 9pm tomorrow night. I believe that at that temp heavy ppn with be snow! Good luck, I would still charge the camera!!

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted

all i say saterday night for some of will be lamp post watch and radar watch!!

Posted

latest BBC TV forecast implied that we may hang on to a little further snowfall on Sunday.. also the duration on Sat night into Sunday seemed longer - just keeps getting better in my very humble opinion.

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Can confirm very light snow now, been going for about 20min. Temperature is 1.2 c and cars have a dusting. Is this just localised to the east coast ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Absolutely...my camera is already fully charged - I just hope by Sunday morning my front garden looks like it did in December 2010

post-10773-0-98143000-1328297817_thumb.j