Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted

About 3/4 inch so far here in the village of Emneth in west Norfolk close to the Cambridgeshire border, really pleased after missing out on the fun last winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Absolutely nothing. The radar says it's been there for the last hour, but there's nowt coming down from the sky — well there is, but it is so fine it would have to snow until Christmas to get a single cm.

Oh well, here we are again. I'm not going to get all wound up next time... It just NEVER happens. Even last winter was the same.

I think that first blob on the radar is just snizzle, as you are experiencing. I am now under it too. Other people further west in the country was also reporting this earlier.

The proper stuff is still to come; the precip band still stretches back to mid Wales at the moment, and the front is moving slower, so it's a waiting game.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Teits depths could be quite considerable more than predicted, 2010..???

I think that that is a definite possibility, absolutely definitely if it does stall over us.

Posted

About 3/4 inch so far here in the village of Emneth in west Norfolk close to the Cambridgeshire border, really pleased after missing out on the fun last winter.

Really? 3 or 4 inches already?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

This thread going to do insanely well tonight and early hours. Goodluck all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

them there darker patches coming out of Wales on the radar heading our way are a sight to behold..

and:

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

can someone with more knowledge than me say something reassuring about the cloud over the sea approaching Ireland. Is it another (bonus) area of precipitin that's coming in the small hours… PLEEEZ

or am I being too greedy?

PS negotiations with the unbelieving better half have ended.. she agrees there's snow now she's seen it. I am now permitted to watch the radar - cost me tho (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

not great so far. Got a cover, but still very light. TWS, I think we are expecting more, but i dont want to get my hopes up. It will have to snow like this for quite some time to see anything significant....come on, pep up damn it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think the BBC MetO and everyone else has been a couple of hundred miles out with the main band of precipitation. It's all much further north than predicted with only northern tip of EA getting anything worthwhile.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Snowangel-MK, February 4, 2012 - it's weather not panto !
Hidden by Snowangel-MK, February 4, 2012 - it's weather not panto !

I think the BBC MetO and everyone else has been a couple of hundred miles out with the main band of precipitation. It's all much further north than predicted with only northern tip of EA getting anything worthwhile.

BOOOOO

Posted

The green has arrived and with it the first of the snow for the evening, teeny weeny little flakes but it's heeeeeere

Posted

i think there is lots more on the way tonight, so we need to be patient. The front edge of the band has only recently encompassed us on the radar. Heaviest stuff still over the midlands but should reach us by around midnight. Hoping to get plastered tonight, well not me personally - the garden.

Posted

Intensity of the snow really picking up now and strong winds really blowing the snow around, poor visibility and almost blizzard like conditions are going to start developing I should imagine in the coming hours

I should imagine M11 will be tricky at the moment given the visibility

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Winds really increasing, Slight dec 2009 feel to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BOOOOO

That's very mature of you. I'd imagine you'd be feeling the same if for the last 6 winters you'd only had 3 snow events with 4cm at most. Even last December the snow was only 3 cm deep. However, it manages to rain all the time and from October to May we're knee deep in mud.

Posted

Winds really increasing, Slight dec 2009 feel to it.

You got a lot there SL? I dont think your that far from me, but really not got much here. Yea its a covering, and im chuffed about that, but the grass is still visible,

Posted

If the Peterborough snow shield has been broken, anything can still happen!! lol xxx