Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just been out in the garden, the snow is as crunchy underfoot as I can ever remember. Me thinks that tomorrow may bring an interesting drive to work?

Posted

A conditions update for my road before the snow arrives.

Temperature: -0.1 °C

Dew Point: -3.1 °C

Humidity: 80%

Wind Speed: 27.4km/h /

Wind Gust: 56.3km/h /

Wind: SSE

Pressure: 1025.6hPa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

You got a lot there SL? I dont think your that far from me, but really not got much here. Yea its a covering, and im chuffed about that, but the grass is still visible,

Its not deep yet mate still see bits on the ground,Just as Saint said its blowing around alot. The main part is not here yet This could be quite intense stuff especially when it stalls.

SL

Posted

Some very heavy echoes on the radar around the midlands moving towards us. Reports of 20 cm around stoke. This will hit our region in a couple of hours and the front will slow down. Dont forget the tripple point on the faxs. I Still think we are good for 15 cm in the best spots. Heaviest snow will be around midnight.

Ps follow me on twitter for updates @timbland36

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Intensity of the snow really picking up now and strong winds really blowing the snow around, poor visibility and almost blizzard like conditions are going to start developing I should imagine in the coming hours

I should imagine M11 will be tricky at the moment given the visibility

SK

Snowking, I am about 10 miles West of you and already have an 1 inch dry of powdery snow. I think being located on the East Anglian Heights, the extra altitude is helping to intensify the snowfall.

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Some positive reports coming from Stansted which bodes well for here in the next hour or so. It's after midnight that the snowfeast will kick in though...... so plenty of time to put the feet up & watch some tv.

Mammatus

Posted

I think i should get a refund on the NW Radar - been under pink for an hour but not a flake a fallen :sorry:

Like you say, Nothing Happens in Norwich. Ha! Nothing happens in Gorleston either. Nada. :sorry:

Posted

Midlands thread poster.

feb2012freeze

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 6 minutes ago

Getting pasted for now! Very strong winds + snow = Blizzard like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Couple of cms now with it still snowing moderately, the snow band is weakening slowly now though.

Yep, just noticed this on the latest Nw radar update, definitely seems to be fragmenting?

If The Eye is reading, can he enlighten us?

Posted

Snowking, I am about 10 miles West of you and already have an 1 inch dry of powdery snow. I think being located on the East Anglian Heights, the extra altitude is helping to intensify the snowfall.

Excellent to hear my friend :)

Yes the intensity is really picking up here now, its pretty difficult to see across to the other side of the street at present, and so very much still to come

Very much agree re: heights - this is why we tend to do well from these frontal events whether they be from the east or from the west

SK

Posted

Like you say, Nothing Happens in Norwich. Ha! Nothing happens in Gorleston either. Nada. :sorry:

Maybe we will get 1cm if we are lucky, I think Norwich has managed to miss every weather event for last 20 years. :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Ok...I'm under a green area on the NW radar now (2.5mm/hr-3mm/hr)......and yet not a thing is falling from the sky....not even a spec. Must be an issue with the radar surely??

Posted

Snow intensity picking up now, Winds are gusting. Anyone got good accumilations starting. Hows your area MK

Edited by silver line

Posted

yes - it's started!!!!

What part of essex you in shivering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

wohoooooooooooooooooo braintree snow shield has failed

Not before time!!!!! :drinks: :drinks: :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Have to say so far biggest disappointment/let down/miss forecast. Not a sniff with it looking like it's dying in intensity just as the cloud reaches us. Been nailed on for the last 2 days !! Think big debrief and rethink needed. As Ipswich, as pointed out above hasn't had enough snow above 3cm's for 17yrs. Sadly last time it was deep enough to snow was when the not so nipper was a nipper. Snowed on the Rugby League even though the NW was not supposed to get anything ! Not that I begrudge them some snow, just would like my 15cm's pleaseeeeeeee.

Rant over.

Posted

Starting to settle on gritted main roads here.

I do wonder Saint if they drive around empty,Just looks like they are spreading lol