Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted

Apparently server too busy to upload comments, anyone else?

-2c here [ I am surprisingly high in my area] and -1c in my conservatory, which I don't plan to sit in anytime soon.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Not heard anyone talk of wind along with the snowfall tomorrow (actually now tonight)

Any details on gusts, talk of drifting?? Or just a gentle breeze with snow falling in almost a perfect vertical descent??

Very little breeze expected so should be quite 'magic' - I either like a proper blizzard or else vertical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW please
Posted · Hidden by Paul Sherman, February 4, 2012 - No Thanks
Hidden by Paul Sherman, February 4, 2012 - No Thanks

DUMP. ON. ME. :rofl:

Posted

73mtrs asl, which means it's always flipping windy here! lol

But we certainly don't suffer from waterlogged gardens. Will pop that into my profile, keep forgetting. Age you know. lol

Would love a big old dumpage

There are things you can take for that. lol

Posted

Very little breeze expected so should be quite 'magic' - I either like a proper blizzard or else vertical

Lol

I think you need to Wikipedia the Word Blizzard and see what the definition is!

You might find a certain wind speed is crucial to the word

Posted

Apparently server too busy to upload comments, anyone else?

-2c here [ I am surprisingly high in my area] and -1c in my conservatory, which I don't plan to sit in anytime soon.

Just tried to upload a reply about lamp post watching in the 80s in the west country blizzards, but a feeling it will never make an appearance...:( Anyway, it was a lovely time that delivered big snowdrifts:)

Posted

Just tried to upload a reply about lamp post watching in the 80s in the west country blizzards, but a feeling it will never make an appearance... :( Anyway, it was a lovely time that delivered big snowdrifts:)

Lampost watching was all we had when I was a kid. Even when I worked for the Aircraft owners I could only get info from the met office if one of my chaps wanted to fly in bad weather. [idiots, old pilots, bold pilots but no old bold pilots]

Yes, those times were great, we didn't have to pay the heating bills. lol

Posted

Lol

????? You getting tired Paul :) Reread what I said - i either like 40mph + winds = blizzard or I like no wind and vertically falling snow which is close to what we will have Sunday morning : i did say 'either' :)

Edited by Buzzit

Posted

Lol

I think we had one in 81/82? I locked myself out in it! there was apparently a tv warning about it but I was outside trying to kick the door in!

Funny now, but awful then. We got about 8" snow out of that thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Can someone please fill me in on the latest updates, im just in from work and need my bed but brief will it or wont it be happening for me here in Basildon tonight as in Saturday night if so how much? how long? I am a women after all and we have to know everything!!!!!!

oh and thanko mucho

Posted

Ah ok no worries must be the stupid Quoting boxes playing up again like 2 nights ago!

Although the Word Blizzard is one of the most over used words in weather, I cant even remember the last time the Uk had 40mph winds with Snow, Maybe 1987 and 1991 were the last times.

Posted

Ah ok no worries must be the stupid Quoting boxes playing up again like 2 nights ago!

Although the Word Blizzard is one of the most over used words in weather, I cant even remember the last time the Uk had 40mph winds with Snow, Maybe 1987 and 1991 were the last times.

I agree with you ! And to think I was saving up for a tornado chase next year and now I have to think of something else to do since i do not want to go with meanies :)

Posted

Off to bed. Hope that everyone get's what they want. See y'all tomorrow night. [i'm going to get divorced over this constant watching]

Sleep well as hopefully we will be watching the real thing instead of hopecasting. xxxx

Posted

I agree with you ! And to think I was saving up for a tornado chase next year and now I have to think of something else to do since i do not want to go with meanies :)

Well I am going Northern Lights Chasing for my 40th later this year so that will be a first for me as well! We are not all Meanies, Only Tom and Arron!

Edit: Actually there was an instance in March 2011 when a High Risk popped up in Wisconsin and there was still 3 ft Snow Drifts by the side of the road, how cool would it be to see a SnowNado!

Posted

Can confirm that light snow has been falling here in north Folkestone, on the slopes of the downs since about about 9.30pm.

Theres a reasonable dusting. :acute:

Posted

Well I am going Northern Lights Chasing for my 40th later this year so that will be a first for me as well! We are not all Meanies, Only Tom and Arron!

Edit: Actually there was an instance in March 2011 when a High Risk popped up in Wisconsin and there was still 3 ft Snow Drifts by the side of the road, how cool would it be to see a SnowNado!

Ahh Snownado - that is a rare beast indeed - if only one day - good luck for seeing the Northern Lights when the time comes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looks like a line of very light snow showers have developed and are moving westwards through eastern Essex. Anyone between Colchester and the Isle of Sheppy seeing any snow flurries?

Posted

Sky is very very orange to my North East (SS9) Looks like some Flurries will hit me shortly!