Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted

Temperature rising fast in the Feb Sun. Could be rain and sleet for Central London if it reaches +3 to +5c this afternoon.

It's not going to reach 5c to start with so don't worry about that. Also, the front is meant to reach after dusk so temps will drop before the precip arrives. Stop panicing and just enjoy the snow in this region :)

Posted

With the wind coming from the south it will start to raise temperatures to +2 to +4c on the southcoast- so rain and sleet likely. 3-6 hours of snow for East Anglia tho.

where you getting that from?? its going to snow on the coast as well.. its now all moved slightly west according to models now so the cold will be bit more of an impact.. not only that it now could be delayed a couple more hours. check the model thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

The days are much longer now and i am looking forward to this snow event this evening for sure but i have a feeling some people will be disappointed esp by the coast and in city centres. Met Office under estimated temperature rise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

The days are much longer now and i am looking forward to this snow event this evening for sure but i have a feeling some people will be disappointed esp by the coast and in city centres. Met Office under estimated temperature rise!

temp rise? im still sat at -2.7 and hasnt moved since i got up 7am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Maybe u guys are right after all :-D

Posted

Temperature rising fast in the Feb Sun. Could be rain and sleet for Central London if it reaches +3 to +5c this afternoon.

Dream on. Dear oh Dear No chance, Cloud increasing here keeping it nice and chilled.

Posted

well im right next to london and the temp outside at 9:30am is still -4c london is still -2c soooooo dont worry about temp rises.. as above poster said its going to arrive after dark, temp drop ahead will an impact along with the cold air already embedded into the system as it arrives, so dont worry, it will snow everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Sunny, Thundersorms

The GFS snow risk map is starting to update now, lets see what it says before making assumptions :)

Posted

Guess we'll have to cancel that snowman building up on southwick hill then..:-( still we do have the advantage of it being very late in the night by the time we get 'hit' , might that not help us ?...I'm in Mile Oak, right at the high end, by Southwick Hill, it's going to be such a close call for us I think

Your probably be ok where you live.No luck fro me .Having said that is snowing in Torquay ,so maybe we will be ok.

Try truleigh Hill north side if it does snow for some white knuckle sledging :yahoo:

Posted

Just to prove on my cold point its even snowing in west of the country where its suppose to have been raining or sleet at best according to yesterdays mets forcast... see it all live here with reports http://uksnowmap.com/

Posted

its snowing in Ilminster, well higher up in Broadway village according to my mum.....only light but snowing.....

so it is starting as snow in west country.....wonder for how long?

Edited by willinkent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Your probably be ok where you live.No luck fro me .Having said that is snowing in Torquay ,so maybe we will be ok.

Try truleigh Hill north side if it does snow for some white knuckle sledging :yahoo:

Going to be a tense and perhaps furstrating night for us down here, I really hope MO is overestimating the coastal warming effect and that my 1 mile inland location makes a difference, wouldn't count on it though, but if it can snow in Tourquay then there is still hope!

Posted

There are a few flecks blowing about in the wind here between Crowborough and T. Wells.

Edited by pooksly

Posted

Morning you lovely cuddly South Easterners!!!!! :unsure:

Late morning for me but just about to catch up. Anybody stuck in a drift or marooned at home in 6 ft of it yet? :search:

Posted

its snowing in Ilminster, well higher up in Broadway village according to my mum.....only light but snowing.....

so it is starting as snow in west country.....wonder for how long?

well we will see, but its a bit of a shock over there considering it wasnt meant to happen..

Morning you lovely cuddly South Easterners!!!!! :unsure:

Late morning for me but just about to catch up. Anybody stuck in a drift or marooned at home in 6 ft of it yet? :search:

well according to t.e.i.t.s on another forum its all shifted slighty further west (front that is) so its even better for us!! Edited by nanu

Posted

trolll alert!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes of any sort

There are a few flecks blowing about in the wind here between Crowborough and T. Wells.

yes a few powder flakes in burwash this morning, when i was out with the dog.

now to stack all the wood dumped on the driveway before the main event!

jon

Guest archiesmummy

Haha same here LOL how many do you have? :p

Top of Box hill I reckon will see the highest fall ;)

3 and one guinea pig!

Looking forward to the snow fest later!

Posted

well according to t.e.i.t.s on another forum its all shifted slighty further west (front that is) so its even better for us!!

I've got my itchy snow nose today, it only really starts like this when there are huge amounts due.......

Now not that models area lot of use now, but just having a look at this morning 06Z GFS, the sweet spot in terms of time is still between 00..00 tonight and 06.00 tomorrow morning (as it has been for 10 days!) and the line at that time-scale goes back and forward across Beachy Head!!!!

post-6667-0-82968000-1328349260_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-17692800-1328349262_thumb.pn

I'm sure people to the West of me will still end up with something very pleasing, but I may be unable to get out of the house and unfortunately, be off work for days....

:clapping: