Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/

This one? (sorry can't remember who posted this originally)

thats the one thanks :)

Hi Steve, im guessing that all the time the cloud stays around it will help keep the temps low? Also with the precip due late evening for us lot it also helps with the temps being lower?

Yes- although its almost irrelevent-

PPN bands really strengthening- front num 1 looks to be doing well

May see snow before 6...

S

Posted

May see snow before 6...

S

Steve, is there a little depression forming ahead of the first band, around the west country area?

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

People really are under estimating the strength of Cold over in France at the moment. Just take a look at the Temperature and Dewpoint readings as the South Easterly has picked up across Essex and Kent at the moment.

Manston has -3c Temp and -6c Dewpoint from the continental flow

Southend has dropped down to -1c Temp and -3 Dewpoint again with a South Easterly blowing.

So Planet Thanet your readings are correct I would say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

May see snow before 6...

S

Just noticed this myself, first band does seem to be keeping itself together fairly well and extending east at a decent enough rate. nice to see the 2nd one too, wonder if this will keep on its track towards us also....

Also just noticed that although the sun is trying to peek out and temp has risen to the heady hights of 0.5c the dewpoint has dropped 2c to -4.5c.

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

People really are under estimating the strength of Cold over in France at the moment. Just take a look at the Temperature and Dewpoint readings as the South Easterly has picked up across Essex and Kent at the moment.

Southend has dropped down to -1c Temp and -3 Dewpoint again with a South Easterly blowing.

Sandettie light vessel in the Channel reporting -5ºC and -9ºC dp at 10!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Join our Facebook page

facebook.com/LondonAndTheSouthEastWeather

For updates about this evenings snowfall :)

Just joined the page - looking forward to seeing piccies later and regular updates from peeps!!! im also been put in charge of updating everyone on my friends list with your reports!!!

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Sandettie light vessel in the Channel reporting -5ºC and -9ºC dp at 10!

Noticed that as well. Easily the coldest temperature I've ever seen from that area!

I really hate to do this, I've tried to look at the NAE and the GFS precipitation charts to get an idea but I'm not too sure... When do people expect the snow to hit here in West Kent? From what I've seen I'm expecting around 9pm...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

defrosted my chickens water again ... must be cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

So Planet Thanet your readings are correct I would

Very true, the temp here in Clacton has been gradually dropping all morning from -0.4c to -1.1c so we are pulling in some cold air which i would not expect being so close to the sea with the wind in that direction ! Edited by Button Up

Posted

I can confirm it's pretty cold in Manston at the moment, we had some snow last night and it's certainly not going anywhere!

Off to Canterbury this afternoon for drinks and food, should aim to get back home for 10-11pm before the trains get screwed. Feel sorry for my mate who has to go back to London though!! lol.

Posted
When do people expect the snow to hit here in West Kent? From what I've seen I'm expecting around 9pm...

BBC weather had it down between 8 and 9 tonight.

Posted

Noticed that as well. Easily the coldest temperature I've ever seen from that area!

I really hate to do this, I've tried to look at the NAE and the GFS precipitation charts to get an idea but I'm not too sure... When do people expect the snow to hit here in West Kent? From what I've seen I'm expecting around 9pm...

you would be about spot on there for west kent.....I anticipate 10pm for my area - weird to think likely to be asleep during most of the snowfall...if the front stalls however, we might be in for prolonged snowfall tomorrow morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'd say anytime between 9&11PM :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Temperature here has been about 1.3 for the past hour, dew point worryingly rising steadily at -1.0 right now, hopefully it will decrease as night draws close