Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 6

Posted

Excellent update, cheers Steve!

A lot of people in the NW thread are reporting freezing rain. Literally the rain is freezing instantly into ice and some guys are saying icicles are forming on their car and windowsills etc. People up there are reporting sub zero air temps and dew points, but there is obviously a wedge of cold air at the surface with milder air aloft. As there is still a mild sector in the NW (fronts haven't occluded yet) I don't think that will be a problem here and the vast majority of us should see an all snow event, as the front will be occluded once it reaches here, eradicating the mild sector.

Well if thats the case it could bring the power lines down, not good.

Posted

lots of people buying milk in Iceland, also Waitrose was really busy at 9.0 AM,people with lots of trollies not much Meat left

Yeah, we've just come back from doing our weekly shop (as we do every Saturday :lazy: ) and it was like it was Christmas Eve. Never seen so many fools panic buying :rolleyes:

Posted

hi steve, what type of event was feb 1991? i remember watching it when it started to fall and just kept going and going...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Wow it really is cold in the far east. On the Met Office site it shows Dover hasn't got above -2c all day! Slightly less cold further west. It's 0c here in London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Looks like the world is going to end.. Panic buying in tesco sidcup! Certainly an ice day in Orpington, nice to be living away from the marginal coast these days

Posted

Temp dropped from 2.0 to 1.6 now. Hopefully i can get another 1 degree drop before the snow moves in and i should be sorted. Things further east than here look pretty good. Those in Essex and kent, I wouldn't worry about rain or sleet, thats pretty much out of the question for you guys now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Wow it really is cold in the far east. On the Met Office site it shows Dover hasn't got above -2c all day! Slightly less cold further west. It's 0c here in London.

deffo cold just had to defrost the chicken water AGAIN lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

SOUTH EAST FORECAST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ct6

Posted

Just had a look at the 06z NMM Dew Points and am surprised at how the zero isotherm stays well west of our region. That's pretty impressive for a system that has just come off the Atlantic and is going to pass straight over us. It looks like the front occludes at just the right time for us SE'ners.

Interesting post by Steve M regarding snow depths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.

Looks like the world is going to end.. Panic buying in tesco sidcup! Certainly an ice day in Orpington, nice to be living away from the marginal coast these days

Just got back from dropping my wife at Morrisons, Sidcup, absolute madness in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Temperatures have dropped to -2c here and the Dew Point back down to -5c after reaching the dizzy heights of -4c earlier on today!

The light dusting we had on the ground melted despite no sunshine and temperatures below freezing, anyone explain that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It was warmer yesterday! by some 2c yet today the team is peaking at 0 it's an ice day today, go a little further south -1. Shows what direction the wind has on the temps :)

Posted

Temperatures have dropped to -2c here and the Dew Point back down to -5c after reaching the dizzy heights of -4c earlier on today!

The light dusting we had on the ground melted despite no sunshine and temperatures below freezing, anyone explain that?

-2 in ipswich looking at the radar appox about 3 hours before the fun starts very fine snizzle here at the moment just went out its bone chilling cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
Posted · Hidden by wchris_uk, February 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by wchris_uk, February 4, 2012 - No reason given

i think its the heat of the sun,

Posted

I thought this is a warm occlusion, going from very cold to cold once it goes through us, isnt the airmass slightly warmer? or does the Polar air push it back??

Posted

Bedlam (more than normal) in Morrisons in Reigate...! Daft really... It's bitterly cold out, compounded by the fact I'm getting my hair cut...

I won't be on all night because once it's snowing, I'll be out in it!

Posted

Morning Rampkin how far into next week has your council got warnings for?

Gritters were deployed in the Croydon Borough at 14:00 hrs. Code Name: Operation Yamkin :help::cold:

Snow Ploughs will be deployed during the evening and onwards :help::clap::cold:

MetO have indicated that the first band of snow will intensify into Sunday. Having viewed the latest radar image, there does appear to be TWO bands of ppn heading our way. This is really going to be very interesting indeed. Could we be looking at 10cm++? Also, anyone for THUNDER SNOW? :help::D:clap::yahoo::cold:

Posted

Bedlam (more than normal) in Morrisons in Reigate...! Daft really... It's bitterly cold out, compounded by the fact I'm getting my hair cut...

I won't be on all night because once it's snowing, I'll be out in it!

there will be more panic soon there with ing hour it will be there

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

second band weakening? :(

Oh god, someone link this guy to the moan thread?

The second band is now merging with the first, I see no sign of it weakening?