Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: high pressure in summer, snow in winter

Just to kill some time before the 12z.....

What I've been personally looking for this year is a decent snow event. Even with all the cold of last year, impressive as it was, we didn't get one.

Regardless of what happens tonight I'm still optimistic. After reading GP's positive post this morning I just have that hunch that we'll get another shot at it before the winter retires and we all dust off the BBQ's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just to kill some time before the 12z.....

What I've been personally looking for this year is a decent snow event. Even with all the cold of last year, impressive as it was, we didn't get one.

Regardless of what happens tonight I'm still optimistic. After reading GP's positive post this morning I just have that hunch that we'll get another shot at it before the winter retires and we all dust off the BBQ's.

Why on earth would you dust off the BBQ just to put it in the shed to keep it outta the rain. Seems silly ;)

Posted

@somersetgritter Network treated at 6pm. Snow expected after 9pm crews will be ready. BBC Somerset Sound will be updated in the morning with latest info.

My kids are praying for snow lol, they both want the day off tomorrow

Posted

Temp 4.1 here way to warm for snow.

I did post the latest NAE earlier showed hardly any PPN for Bristol.

Ian seems to have seen it too.

As I said not worth staying up for unless you live in South Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looking at the radar currently it looks like a very patchy affair but maybe as it comes up against colder air in west country it will intensify as the evening progresses.

I Really do hope for an upgrade on last NAE but im skeptical.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

It will all start to come together from 8/9pm. PPN will intensify, temps will be gradually dropping and it will turn to snow. (Bristol area)

That's actually what I belive should happen based on the 06z....big 12z NAE coming in half an hour....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
12021000_0912.gifLooks like its game over for us.

Posted

12021000_0912.gifLooks like its game over for us.

How can we end up with that much change??!! :cray:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Maybe us to i`m right on the border line of blue and pink. It could shift slightly westward though.Maybe 30 miles will do the job nicely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

How can we end up with that much change??!! :cray:

Because we live in a rubbish place for snow. :nonono:

Posted

Because we live in a rubbish place for snow. :nonono:

Thats first frame though it might be initialy rain turning to snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Not liking the shift east on most recent output by the NAE. However...we will see what happens when it arrives...I'm classing it as nowcasting as there's still a bit of uncertainty on the movement/intensity of the PPN. Can't be bothered with the other thread either -there's too many posts sniping at each other on whos going to get the most snow. Childish. Makes you wonder if some people scrape the back of their freezers and throw it over themselves for snow withdrawal.

Oh and it still turns to snow eventually - it might just mean lower accumulations (if it settles)

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted

Well.....

BBC main forecast shows rain to start, rain snow sleet mix, then rain.

No rush hour snow.

No 10 cm.

I think people in North Somerset will wake up to a damp morning, and Bristol.

I would love to be wrong.

Posted

Not liking the shift east on most recent output by the NAE. However...we will see what happens when it arrives...I'm classing it as nowcasting as there's still a bit of uncertainty on the movement/intensity of the PPN.

Can't be bothered with the other thread either -there's too many posts sniping at each other on whos going to get the most snow. Childish. Makes you wonder if some people scrape the back of their freezers and throw it over themselves for snow withdrawal.

Not liking the shift east on most recent output by the NAE. However...we will see what happens when it arrives...I'm classing it as nowcasting as there's still a bit of uncertainty on the movement/intensity of the PPN.

Can't be bothered with the other thread either -there's too many posts sniping at each other on whos going to get the most snow. Childish. Makes you wonder if some people scrape the back of their freezers and throw it over themselves for snow withdrawal.

Honestly i think your right nobody has any idea whats going to happen! and the charts, weather forecast is chucking out all the possibilities i think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Maybe us to i`m right on the border line of blue and pink. It could shift slightly westward though.Maybe 30 miles will do the job nicely.

To be honest I think this is way better for Frome (and me in Warminster...) than before. For us its an upgrade. BUT don't expect massive snow totals out of this. The move back east by the NAE, matching the evolution on the radar is great for us, not so much for others further west in the region.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by alex12, February 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by alex12, February 9, 2012 - No reason given

To be honest I think this is way better for Frome (and me in Warminster...) than before. For us its an upgrade. BUT don't expect massive snow totals out of this. The move back east by the NAE, matching the evolution on the radar is great for us, not so much for others further west in the region.

My forecast was great at lunchtime! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Somehow I don't think I'll bother watching the weather on points west this evening, not after setting that latest nae anyway.

Posted

nae is more in line with the gfs now, it pushes a bigger precip area down, areas to the east of bristol down to weymouth should see just snow still.

somerset and the moors, bristol etc might see rain and then snow (still settling for these areas). devon looks restricted to snow only on the moors imho.

precip totals are high on this run by approx 50%