Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 10

Coast

Posted

latest readings for thanet.....temp is -1.9c and humidity is 99%

im just to the south of you, my temp gauge went up to 1.1c but now back down to 0.6c, the snow on the car is slowly dripping off, still snowing here lightly

Posted

+1C here now. Had about 7" first thing, shrunk now by an inch or so.

post-11069-0-00922400-1328444738_thumb.j

post-11069-0-86399800-1328444740_thumb.j

post-11069-0-88099300-1328444806_thumb.j

Posted
Posted · Hidden by iKaz, February 5, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by iKaz, February 5, 2012 - No reason given

+1C here now. Had about 7" first thing, shrunk now by an inch or so.

I'm saying nothing! ;)

Posted

UPDATE FROM THE YAMKIN CAMP

Memo to the Croydon Council:

MetO suggest we could get more snowfall of 1-2cm during early hours on Monday 0300-0900hrs :help::D:clap::cold::yahoo:

I think this calls for another YAMKIN RAMP :o :lol:

358rpz9.jpg

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Well a fantastic event after the all the mild muck we have endured so far this winter! I have around 15 cms and some of the drifts are very impressive indeed, a true winter wonderland!

Thunder snow as well last night around 23:30 with a couple of nice flashes of lightning, the power even flickered and my PC went off. No real sign of thawing which is great.

Whats peoples thoughts on tonights little feature, will we see anymore snow?

M

Posted

Temp -0.3 dew -1c Apart from the odd light bit of snow think thats our lot for few days, see what happens when the east winds comes back later in week, dull ,raw and some mist and fog for bit now,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!

I'm in Ashford (North), snow hasn't stopped here. 13cm from last night.

About the same in Willesborough too..seems to have stopped for the moment. Just spent the last couple of hours clearing the drive and the top of my road!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well a fantastic event after the all the mild muck we have endured so far this winter! I have around 15 cms and some of the drifts are very impressive indeed, a true winter wonderland!

Thunder snow as well last night around 23:30 with a couple of nice flashes of lightning, the power even flickered and my PC went off. No real sign of thawing which is great.

Whats peoples thoughts on tonights little feature, will we see anymore snow?

M

Thats what i was asking just want more now lol

Had some fun in the 4x4 last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Between 6" & 8" snow generally here in Springfield (North Chelmsford) temperatures hovering around freezing. Good fun walking up to the local shops snow up to top of walking boots made walking rather difficult.

What are the chances for more snow tonight?

Posted

Just drove from Liverpool to Essex. The roads were very quiet. Started off on the M62 and sheet ice and fog, but no snow. Through Staffordshire the snow depths started to pick up. The M1 had a jackknifed lorry which was being crane hoisted from a ditch/field next to the hard shoulder. Rows of abandoned cars on the hard shoulder of the M25 and quite a few snowmen in the fast lane! The M25 anti-clockwise was closed due to an incident around the A10/M25 area. Quite a journey!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing (from a mild, damp west Wales)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Went out for a long walk this morning, starting at about 6:45. The reason for this being to walk a pensioner's dog in Great Bentley (the next village to mine) - the pensioner fell and hurt himself a few weeks ago.

It was great, walking by myself, through quite deep powder snow and even though I started well before sunrise, the reflection of light from the snow made visibility fine, even in woods. I was the first person to set tracks on pretty well the whole walk. The only other tracks were those made by wildlife.

The only slight downer was that the drifting snow meant that the uneven paths I was walking on were a bit tricky to gauge, but otherwise it was fantastic. It was great that the snow was not the type for snowballs either, wonderfully dry! :D

Walking back, I did manage to fall over onto some hard ground and bang my knee :angry: and my earlier first tracks were covered by many others for part of the way, with 'yellow snow' :nea: in evidence. Otherwise, especially due to no thaw, it was great again.

Although I have no weather station, I don't think the temperature has yet got above zero here and this snow event has already been a lot better than I was expecting. Off to the pub soon! :drinks: Thanks once again to all the model watchers and interpreters here.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Walk in the woods with the loony retrievers

post-11069-0-13172100-1328446919_thumb.j

post-11069-0-02076500-1328446936_thumb.j

post-11069-0-85168700-1328446949_thumb.j

post-11069-0-73939300-1328446958_thumb.j

post-11069-0-67752600-1328446968_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Walk in the woods with the loony retrievers

Now that is proper snow, looks amazing! Great pics :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just about to venture down to the Surrey Hills, shame it's thawing but will be some lovely views. Might pack the sledge just incase :D 38 years old and never growing up!

I'll amend my depth to something approaching 15cms - just spent a couple of hours clearing my driveway - the interesting point is that although it is thawing here the surface underneath the snow was still dry indicating snow falling on frozen ground which remained below freezing insulated by the snow.

Posted

Just about to venture down to the Surrey Hills, shame it's thawing but will be some lovely views. Might pack the sledge just incase :D 38 years old and never growing up!

Same here, but luckily have a 12 year-old as an excuse! Just off to Hinchley Wood, Telegraph Hill on the off-chance there's enough snow remaining for some sledging; will report back later:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

http://www.netweathe...tion=snow;sess=

just looked at that snow heaven for us this week

You really do like a ramp! I don't think there is any snow forecast for the rest of this week?