Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 10

Coast

Posted

Haven't been outside yet but I'd say more than 4" which is good, more than December 2010 in this neck of woods.

Yep, I reckon, we have around 4" - not quite as much as we got in December 2010, however, it's more than I thought we would get this time around.

I woke up around 4am to do a last bit of lamp post watching and it was still very lightly snowing even then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

lets see if the NAE6z improves the precipitation for tonight some areas could get a nice little top up

Posted

lets see if the NAE6z improves the precipitation for tonight some areas could get a nice little top up

Fingers crossed. GFS has indications for us too!

Posted

Ended up with about 4 or 5 cm. Hubby just returned from Footway grit duty in central london. Looks like areas North of me fared a bit better. Thaw underway here, steady drip drip. Off to Epsom downs for some fun :drinks:

Posted

Can anyone else around Southend confirm the depth as 13cm? Pleased with that. Must of dinged it down after I turned in at 2.30am.

-1.3c with a dew of -2.4c. No thaw here today.

15cm here Mate so yes that is a good measurement. It really is the most amazing powder snow as well.

No thaw here, absolutely freezing and -2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Sadly the roads all look clear which means I'll probably have to work tomorrow. Boo hiss boo.

Awhhh, I've got work today... haha!! Business as usual!

Posted

From which area is it sposed to come ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

From which area is it sposed to come ??

From the east off the norh sea

Posted

Anything else to look forward to his week?

GFS 6z keeps it cold and dry this week after a little rain/sleet/snow tonight, but it's the GFS 6z. Other models confirm the cold outlook - mainly dry but potential for snow.

Posted

nothing in brighton town centre...about an inch 1 mile from sea up the hill....what was the reason brighton and further west along the coast got wet snow and sleet ...snow started at 7 and was till at it at 2...when i went to bed ...eastbourne just east of here on coast got 4 inches...and folkestone alot more.....boo hoo

Posted

nothing in brighton town centre...about an inch 1 mile from sea up the hill....what was the reason brighton and further west along the coast got wet snow and sleet ...snow started at 7 and was till at it at 2...when i went to bed ...eastbourne just east of here on coast got 4 inches...and folkestone alot more.....boo hoo

nothing here either.We were just a bit too far west of the cold air I think

Posted

A bit disappointed here in Surbiton, looked good last night at midnight going to bed, and still falling lightly at 2am, but seems to have reduced since then, as I woke up to see stuff dripping off rooftops and melting snow on slushy roads and pavements. Will get son out to play snowballs ASAP to catch it before it thaws, might see if there is any snow left for sledging at Telegraph Hill.

Posted

Well I've had a walk around, my 12cms maybe slightly lower than the average of the area, some big differences in depths but maybe generally more likely to be around 13-14cms.

Great call last night Darren.

At 1am we had a little over 5cm but to wake up with 15cm is a great call by you and the Model you were following last night, seems it picked out the sweet spots nicely in the zone from NW Of London down to Mid Kent!

Temp still -1c and with dews of -2.4c this is not going anywhere fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Could see a little bit more tonight, though I'd have thought it'd be very wet snow, possibly even a mixture of rain, selet & snow, rain falling on frozen surfaces ciould result in freezing rain.