Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 10

Coast

Posted

Morning all. Try this lovely fresh thread for all you regional discussion and tell us if you were lucky enough to get some snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I am sulking because OH wont come play in the snow with me and its not very fun on your own.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Haven't been outside yet but I'd say more than 4" which is good, more than December 2010 in this neck of woods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

No sign of a thaw here, temperatures holding at -2c with a DP of -2c, looks like some very cold night time temperatures Tuesday onwards, I really hope the cold temperatures through today will make the snow a little more resistant to the higher temperatures in the next couple of days

Posted

Can anyone else around Southend confirm the depth as 13cm? Pleased with that. Must of dinged it down after I turned in at 2.30am.

-1.3c with a dew of -2.4c. No thaw here today.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

Did u get some coast?

Oh yes!!!! :drunk:

post-6667-0-02420700-1328435518_thumb.jp

Maybe even more to come this week?

post-6667-0-44719900-1328435540_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow snow

Stayed at a freinds in Leigh on sea last nite, when I went to bed at 1, we measured 5.5 inches, well have another measure shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

slight thaw but this snow is going nowhere fast!!!

Posted

Travel warnings as snow blankets UK

(UKPA) – 58 minutes ago

London has woken up to a blanket of snow after the big freeze brought dumps of up to 16cm, grounded planes and caused road and rail disruption. Many motorway drivers were forced to spend the night in their cars as the snow brought traffic to a standstill and the Highways Agency urged motorists to take extra care on the roads on Sunday.

Although the worst of the snow will move eastwards, swathes of the UK have been placed on amber alert, with the Met Office warning of icy conditions. Flurries fell over Scotland, northern England and the Midlands on Saturday before moving down to London and East Anglia. Church Fenton in North Yorkshire and Wattisham in Suffolk recorded 16cm of snow, while up to 15cm was forecast for parts of Cumbria, Lincolnshire, East Anglia, North Yorkshire, the Peak District and the Midlands.

A third of Sunday's flights have been axed at Heathrow Airport amid adverse weather conditions and the possibility of freezing fog. A Heathrow spokesman said: "We have about 850 of our usual 1,231 flights scheduled for today. That's been agreed with the airlines, but we are asking people to check with their airlines before travelling to the airport." A full schedule of flights is planned for Gatwick Airport, but passengers were warned of possible disruptions because of the weather. Stansted, Birmingham, Luton and Manchester airports were forced to suspend operations for a period on Saturday night as snow piled up on the runways, but normal service was expected to resume on Sunday.

On the roads, motorists faced what the RAC described as a "dangerous cocktail of driving conditions" and were urged to stay at home where possible. Some minor routes closed altogether.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jZ7W4T-iasjQ-ppBbz8tu2tb-sPw?docId=B2500361328425934A00000

Posted

West of the meridian will have a thaw today - kent and essex should be safe. Tomorrow is more of a worry - general thaw everywhere I guess....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Not been out yet but guessing about 5cm....it was blowing around a lot last nite because its all stuck to the sides of things, inc my trusty lampost, lol!

Really want to k PE if this gonna melt and be the end of this seasons snow or if we're due any more anytime soon?! Anyone got any knowledge on the next poss installment?!

Off to get kids ready to go and play!!

H x

Posted

So who said it would not snow "right on the coast"? I am a quarter of a mile from the sea and we have three inches laying plus drifting...will add a pic later :clapping:

Posted

Great stuff, been out with the boy and the dog, walking across the fields was hard work ... A consistent 4 inches with drifts about a foot high ... Temps currently -2c ... Do I see a top up on the cards later tommorow ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sadly the roads all look clear which means I'll probably have to work tomorrow. Boo hiss boo.

Posted

On NW radar its showing a band of ppn just of shore and the wind seems to be coming towards shore...I know we are not due anything but it must still be possible.

got steady snow falling near deal/sandwich coast, been gradually getting bigger and heavier