Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

My main worry now is freezing rain... I'm not even attempting to drive on that. The upper air obviously too warm for snow in Wales but my temp is 0.3% now. Things will start turning to ice.....

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Its about 80% of this

Wow totally different world...I am 1500 ft asl North East Wales...and not had any sleet for months

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

1.7C and rain, non-event here. Im tired of winter and getting nothing now, the most we had was a snow to rain event that left less than 1cm of snow on the grass for less than 2 hours, we also managed 4 frosts and a low of -4.9C this winter so far! Now i just want spring, warmer weather and the chance of some storms!!

Posted

Still raining here :cray: . Thought we had a decent chance of getting a bit of snow by this point, but it was always pretty marginal here.

Has anybody in the south-east got some? Would be surprised if it hadn't turned to snow for a few parts at least?

Posted

Nope, rain all through the night here too, and none of the traffic cams look like they have snow falling, not even the Heads of the Valleys.

Posted

Just started snowing this instant, came from nowhere and settling instantly.

Hallebloodylujah, at last!

Posted

Nope, rain all through the night here too, and none of the traffic cams look like they have snow falling, not even the Heads of the Valleys.

Ah well that is disappointing... I might finally join in the bashing of the forecasts now then, "down with this sort of thing".

Agree that it has been poor for snow in Wales so far this winter, I'm not sure if it is a good or a bad thing that we've been so close 3 times over the last few weeks. We had 3 days of lying snow here in December (admittedly no more then 1cm each time) and just 1 so far in Feb so zonal weather is growing on me...

Posted

I have stronger words to describe this winter, along the lines of a drunk Father Jack.

We've had several slushy coverings over this way, but it's been the marginal nature of it all with nearby places getting considerably more that's been frustrating.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

PS much as I tend to like to look to spring by this point in the year, in fact the chances of cold and snow are as high over the next few weeks as they have been at any poiint this winter, still a possibility of a northerly shot next week and re-loads after that. I'd take the GFS 240h chart to the bank if I could, and the ECM at a more realistic 144h is pretty reasonable too.

Posted

well guys must say that fog has stuck real good lol, when i woke and looked out i thought i was living in foggy Brynna ha ha(personal joke)with a guy on here. yes the forecast was not great this time again. i know people say it is difficult to predict but they get it right in most other countries. sack em all lol. i am pleased to be honest as we needed snow like a kick in the head,i hope they find snow for Wales after tues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Looking at the model thread thismorning any northerly looks to be weak and too far east to really bring anything here! Are chances for snow next week do not lot as good as they did yesterday!

Posted

Looking at the model thread thismorning any northerly looks to be weak and too far east to really bring anything here! Are chances for snow next week do not lot as good as they did yesterday!

yes i just been reading over that thread and quite a few are sad this morn,in fact they are real sad,these models are not worth looking at as far as i can gather,good today bad tomor good next week bad next week,they change like a model changes clothes,i still think we will have more cold and snow but then i want sun,give me nice warm sun any day.

Posted

yes i just been reading over that thread and quite a few are sad this morn,in fact they are real sad,these models are not worth looking at as far as i can gather,good today bad tomor good next week bad next week,they change like a model changes clothes,i still think we will have more cold and snow but then i want sun,give me nice warm sun any day.

From what I can see of it the only difference between summer and winter in Wales is the rain is warmer in the summer.

Posted

From what I can see of it the only difference between summer and winter in Wales is the rain is warmer in the summer.

lol very true but this year it be nice lets just hope the models say cold summer maybe just maybe we will get sun then ha ha

Posted

Had a couple of minutes of sleet here on the back edge, better than nothing I suppose :acute:

And yes agree re: the models this morning I think I must still have been looking at yesterday's 12z when I wrote earlier that the ECM looked good, it doesn't look so promising now. That said there's still plenty of cold potential around it just continues to not quite work out for us, but you never know. Not very spring like at any rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Whiteout conditions here can barely get out my front door !!!

P.S: wait hang on i was still asleep and dreaming, oh well looking forward to spring lol

Edited by Gavla

Posted

Snowing moderately here now for the last 5 mins and settling patchily. Don't think it'll last for long looking at the radar (though this bit sprang more or less out of nowhere), but better late than never!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A good 6 inches here last night....not really rain and drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well it snowed heavily for about 6 hours yesterday evening in northampton and we've got about 3 inches of crisp lying snow on the ground. Even the snowfall from last weekend hasn't disappeared, so it is a very snowy landscape this morning and very cold. we have been very lucky in the east midlands i must say. best snowfalls for a good few winters and there i was beginning to write this winter off as a non starter. how wrong i was.

Posted

Lovely scenes here with the sunshine.

post-1766-0-89899700-1328867416_thumb.jppost-1766-0-59229200-1328867429_thumb.jp

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY