Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Looks a proming fax chart a 120 hrs a brisk N westerly flow Got to have one streamer this year lol.

Indeed Keith better happen soon

Posted

Still chances of transient snow event possible got a few weeks left we usually get heavy wintry showers in march.

Posted

Hiya all, my Dads let me type here as I keep wanting it to snow, Im only 8 and dont want to put my sledge away just yet, do you think I will see some snow this year yes or no, thank youv George. :good:

Posted

i would not listen to the models guys,they may show snow at 120 hrs and then 12 hrs later they change and show a old charlie chaplin film,cant be trusted so dont get your hopes up lol. my car been showing plus 8 for 4 days now,and i notice there is not much snow left on the mountains behind me.i myself dont want any snow now as it would not norm last for long and turn to a slushy mess within hrs,lets get the shorts out and sit up the garden. nice early spring and very long dry warm summer please. and then look forward to next winter.

Posted

Hiya all, my Dads let me type here as I keep wanting it to snow, Im only 8 and dont want to put my sledge away just yet, do you think I will see some snow this year yes or no, thank youv George. :good:

iv changed my mind now Geoge i hope u get a nice snow event so you can use your sledge,then lots of sun you can then slide down on the mountain grass,that can also be fun.

Posted

Thats ace thanks for the reply, me and my dad have been pressing refresh all the time to see what people would say, thankyou welshwizard

We got a pretty good chance of snow showers Saturday Sunday .Interesting part of the met outlook for monday Rain is expected to spread form the west later on Monday (20th) turning to snow as it hits the cold air over the UK, giving some temporary accumulation. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

just noticed on models thread that they showing a chart that shows snow for quite a bit ov wales this weekend,but dont get carried away its the same chart that showed us having snow last week and we know how much we had out of that ha ha. nice morn here little bit chilly but the sun is coming out and its dry.

Posted

Things still look good for the weekend :D I expect some surprises as well

Posted

bbc weather just showed rain for cardiff on sat on looked like lots ov it but heavy snow for scotland and they said its going to get much colder.

Posted

bbc weather just showed rain for cardiff on sat on looked like lots ov it but heavy snow for scotland and they said its going to get much colder.

Its a case of radar watching for Wales from Saturday lets see if we can form a few streamers down the irish sea Sunday the same should be enjoyable to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

An irish sea streamer would that only affect west wales coastal areas?

Posted

Its a matter of watching the radar north wales coast should have some heavy showers its a matter of radar watching the development of the the showers should be fun .We can see the showers drift eastwards in a line across the south. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Yes because they have been deprived this is our last hurrah :D

Never know what about March?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

If they're potent they can make it far inland.

Posted

Also you can have little bands of organised showers represented by the black lines in the latest fax chart (wont let me copy it)The fax looks pretty showery for Saturday.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Here is the Fax for Sat midday:

post-2595-0-23458400-1329322317_thumb.gi

A double cold front, bringing rain during the morning, clearing to showers in the afternoon.

Although uppers are below -5c, the showers will struggle to fall as snow lower down (as usual) with the projected maxima in the afternoon:

post-2595-0-81249500-1329322176_thumb.pn

More chance of wintry showers on Saturday night provided they have not died out as the ridge starts to close in.

Edited by TonyH

The best chance for snow showers will be in the 6pm-12 midnight period, with the thicknesses and 850HPa at their lowest. As for maximum temps, in showery flows like this temps drop like a stone, so it may be 6c one minute and 2c the next, in terms of daytime.

If we at 9pm as an example 850Hpa at -6 or -7.c, dam 526.

At this stage, if things dont downgrade, better than we have had this winter, but still along way off a classic scenario.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

I hung some washing on the line outside for the first time this year. Dwi'n meddwl mae'r Gwanwyn ar y ffordd (Im thinking Spring is on the way...) :(