Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted

Sitting at just over 17'c here atm, really really unbelieveable for the time of year!!

There's not a hint of cold in the wind, all our windows are open and the heating's off *pinches self that it's still winter*

I couldn't care less about cold today, this is better than alot of the weather we had last summer!!!!

Posted

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Also it's beeen sunny since 12pm so that's helping thetemperatures, the perfect summers day! :)

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

What a difference :) currently 18c in telford with a dewpoint of 13c Lol!

Not quite 18c that station is incorrect lol 15.6c here, dewpoint 12c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Not quite 18c that station is incorrect lol 15.6c here, dewpoint 12c.

Hi Conor :) According to this weather station in little dawley we reached 18.8 earlier :)

http://www.cranfold....ther/gauges.htm current reading 14:30 is apparently 17.7 :)

Edited by quest4peace

Posted

Hi :) According to this weather station in little dawley we reached 18.8 earlier :)

http://www.cranfold....ther/gauges.htm

It's probably in direct sunshine or something, the Shawbury station which is the nearest official station reporting 15c still.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by quest4peace, February 23, 2012 - withdrew response
Hidden by quest4peace, February 23, 2012 - withdrew response

It's probably in direct sunshine or something, the Shawbury station which is the nearest official station reporting 15c still.

Of course, didn't factor that in :good: shawbury is probably more accurate :) makes you want the spring proper though :) washing drying and all :)

Edit: Cosford also has a weather station :) currently reprting 15c as well :)

Edited by quest4peace
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Dont doubt the high readings Coleshill on 18.5c.

Even 15c is unusual for this month.

Posted

We made 14.8C here today, which is cooler than many others. However, it was still lovely and warm in the sunshine.

Posted

14.3 with a dew point of 12 now :) definitely feel the breeze getting cooler :) i'm still sticking by the 18.8 recorded earlier from my nearest weather station in little dawley, Telford :)

Weather networks

Cranfold Telford weather station is also broadcasted on following International weather networks : logo_pws.png wuLogo.png WOW.png logo_cwop.png logo_aprs.png logo_weatherbug.png

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

14.3 with a dew point of 12 now :) definitely feel the breeze getting cooler :) i'm still sticking by the 18.8 recorded earlier from my nearest weather station in little dawley, Telford :)

Well you can stick by it but I can almost guarantee you that 18.8 was not recorded there today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The temperature has already climbed to 15.9 here in Knowle. It seems to be much sunnier than had been originally forecast.

I wonder if we can pass 17.0 in the next couple of hours?

According to my barometer app (not quite as good as the real thing I'm sure), we have indeed hit 17c in Knowle.

Bonkers.

Edited by fizz511

Posted

Well you can stick by it but I can almost guarantee you that 18.8 was not recorded there today.

Are you guys going to say that Newport shropshire didn't get as low as -26C in 1982 because the lowest shawbury has got is -19c being the "official" weather station? Newport is about a mile or two away from telford whereas shawbury is nearly 13miles away. It's the readings i used, and only they know how they got that reading :) And if i'm wrong, then what's the big fuss? :) , i just posted what it read at the time simple as. :)

P.s Weather isn't life or death, it's fun and interesting.

Edited by quest4peace

Posted

My weather station is pretty accurate out of the sun and im down the road from Little Dawley, 15.8c was the peak recorded here today, no way was it 18.8c.

Currently 13.6c and slate grey skies are back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

15C-18C degrees reported widely across the region today, some local 'hot spots' recording higher........BTW, please respect member posts please chaps....if someone records a temp value, then accept it as a genuine recording unless proven otherwise ....ta... :)

Posted
Posted · Hidden by quest4peace, February 23, 2012 - didn't need to reply Moderator summed it all up Perfectly
Hidden by quest4peace, February 23, 2012 - didn't need to reply Moderator summed it all up Perfectly

My weather station is pretty accurate out of the sun and im down the road from Little Dawley, 15.8c was the peak recorded here today, no way was it 18.8c.

Currently 13.6c and slate grey skies are back.

Hi Conor :) I'm just a casual watcher of the weather. Most of the time i just stick my head out of the window and gauge weather it''s warm/cold feeling wet/dry.Let's say the cranfold reading was wrong :) were still only talking around 2C higher than your reading :) whatever the actual official reading was :) you would agree with me it was lovely and warm for a wee while, gone a lot chillier and cloudy now. :)

Posted

15C-18C degrees reported widely across the region today, some local 'hot spots' recording higher........BTW, please respect member posts please chaps....if someone records a temp value, then accept it as a genuine recording unless proven otherwise ....ta... :)

It just seems unlikely that weather station could be 3c warmer than here just 1 mile away especially with Shawbury not getting above 15c to, but maybe mines wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok....you've made your point...more than once....can we move on now please :good:

Posted

Maybe inside the car?

:D

It's so weird isn't it, the warmth I mean? Feels so unatural for the time of the year?

I don't have a car btw :p

Posted

No record that was 19c in Feb 98.

Posted

certainly got a lot chiller during the latter part of the afternoon as cloud enroached from the north west, distinctly chilly out there now, but a lovely day, just what the doctor :) ordered

Posted

No record that was 19c in Feb 98.

ahh ok, well I wonderhow long it'll be before the 'global warmists' start popping up and bleating about this warm spell?

I hope we stay mild now, there's so much I need to do and have good weather in order to be able to do it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looking through the thread, there's some pretty impressive temperature recordings today. Also a bit doubtful about that 18.5*C recording from the local Met Office recording in Coleshill at 2 o'clock, not sure it really felt that warm to be honest, but if it was then that's pretty good going. Could have also been that there was some very local variations regarding the temperatures possibly explaining the huge contrast in temperature recordings in Telford (although I could be wrong).

Is currently around 13.5*C now, but with some cloud invading my house from the West/North-West.

Personally hope we do get more days like this come Spring, and also into the Summer with a few odd wintry outbreaks throughout March and April. But at the same time, I would not mind putting up with a disappointing Spring if it meant a better Summer would follow on after. :)