Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

February is not winter! Spring month, infact felt summerlike out of wind/in sun, 15.7C my max

where as if we got this setup in winter 21 Nov-31 Jan, wouldnt have been sunny, the modern February the new April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

STUNNING DAY! Fully geared up for Spring an Summer now. Looks like the West Mids was one of the warmest too. Nearly 19c! :D

Posted

February is not winter! Spring month, infact felt summerlike out of wind/in sun, 15.7C my max

where as if we got this setup in winter 21 Nov-31 Jan, wouldnt have been sunny, the modern February the new April

Yeah it is? June,july,august are summer, september october, november are autumn, december, january, february are winter, march, april, may are spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Also we had much more sunshine than expected today. Was expecting sunny spells but it was pretty much non stop from mid morning today. Best February day ive known. Just shows what is capable given the right set up. Unbelievable to think its still February!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah it is? June,july,august are summer, september october, november are autumn, december, january, february are winter, march, april, may are spring!

Just Feb not as wintry as 2nd half Nov or dec or Jan, the sun is strong and high, and Spring certainly begins with Lent which is Feb,

like 2nd half Aug, less summery than 2nd half May, lighter and higher sun and more settled late May

Posted

GFS was some 2c at least under the real maximums today. Given its suggesting similar temps for much of next week then in the sun we may see more days of 14-18c imo. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just Feb not as wintry as 2nd half Nov or dec or Jan, the sun is strong and high, and Spring certainly begins with Lent which is Feb,

like 2nd half Aug, less summery than 2nd half May, lighter and higher sun and more settled late May

Really?......Nov & Dec are normally full of mild & mush whereas normally cold & snow come in Jan, Feb & sometimes March....Best snow events I can remember up here have always been Feb & March

Posted

ahhh sorry, I see what you mean now, I do occasionally go all pedantic about things (read anal) but' I'll get over it :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Month of February so far here in Telford According to Cranfold weather guages http://www.cranfold....r/thismonth.htm

Highest Temperature 18.8 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Temperature -8.0 °C 06:56 on 04 February

Highest Minimum 8.7 °C 22 February

Lowest Maximum 0.3 °C 10 February

Highest Apparent Temperature 16.9 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Apparent Temperature -10.3 °C 04:00 on 08 February

Highest Heat Index 18.8 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Wind Chill Temperature -7.4 °C 04:00 on 08 February

Highest Dew Point 14.0 °C 12:40 on 23 February

Lowest Dew Point -23.1 °C 11:22 on 12 February

Highest Humidity 99 % 03:15 on 05 February

Lowest Humidity 10 % 11:22 on 12 February

Largest Daily Range 11.5 °C 08 February

Smallest Daily Range 0.0 °C 05 February

Is the apparent temperature the real temperature? because i see it says 18.8c for today but the apparent temp was 16.9C could somebody who knows more than me explain this? would be greatful :)

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

February is the second coldest month of the year and most definitely a winter month.

Posted

As can be seen from the Stratford upon Avon means:

http://www.metoffice..._upon_avon.html

Minima are in fact the coldest of the year at this location.

Apologies for being anal :crazy:

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Month of February so far here in Telford According to Cranfold weather guages http://www.cranfold....r/thismonth.htm

Highest Temperature 18.8 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Temperature -8.0 °C 06:56 on 04 February

Highest Minimum 8.7 °C 22 February

Lowest Maximum 0.3 °C 10 February

Highest Apparent Temperature 16.9 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Apparent Temperature -10.3 °C 04:00 on 08 February

Highest Heat Index 18.8 °C 13:29 on 23 February

Lowest Wind Chill Temperature -7.4 °C 04:00 on 08 February

Highest Dew Point 14.0 °C 12:40 on 23 February

Lowest Dew Point -23.1 °C 11:22 on 12 February

Highest Humidity 99 % 03:15 on 05 February

Lowest Humidity 10 % 11:22 on 12 February

Largest Daily Range 11.5 °C 08 February

Smallest Daily Range 0.0 °C 05 February

Is the apparent temperature the real temperature? because i see it says 18.8c for today but the apparent temp was 16.9C could somebody who knows more than me explain this? would be greatful :)

I suspect the apparent temperature is the wet bulb value which, not allowing for wind chill, is close to the temperature you feel on the skin. In that respect it's the 'real' temperature although the 'real' maximum air temperature is still 18.8c

Posted

In my part of the world February is fractionally the coldest month of the year:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/19712000/sites/trawscoed.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

I suspect the apparent temperature is the wet bulb value which, not allowing for wind chill, is close to the temperature you feel on the skin. In that respect it's the 'real' temperature although the 'real' maximum air temperature is still 18.8c

Thanks i'm a newbie to the more complex stuff :)

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Although I would count February as a Winter month, the second part of the month, I feel, can share some Spring-like qualities in particular, with the increasing daylight hours and with a gradual rise in temperatures. At the same time (and this could apply for March, and quite possibly April as well), some heavy falls of snow can still occur, though getting the right setup for it does seems to get trickier the further into Spring we go.

Posted
Edit: Ah, Coleshill did infact record the highest temperature today - 18.7C - as confirmed on the Met Office site. Blimey, think that's the first time in the history of weather recording that Coleshill has been the warmest site in the country!

Take a bow, Coleshill. Quite an accolade when you think about it :clap:

Bish

Posted

Bish

There must be so much hot air about that place? :p Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Bish

...and about the only thing good about Coleshill :winky:

Posted

That greedy Coleshill. It stealed stole the very warm air from other areas of the region yesterday - no wonder it ended up being the warmest place. :cray:

Already, it is the second warmest place of today looking at the latest Met Office reports from 11am with Pershore taking the golden crown for the wearmest place so far (13.2*C). :winky:

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Good morning all. Quite a nice sunny start to the day. The odd patch of medium level cloud to my North otherwise mostly blue sky at the moment. Feels surprisingly cool, too, at the bus stop (admittedly thought it was going to be a little bit warmer, lol).

Then again, the latest temperature recordings for around here is 1.9*C (at 8am). Wow. :-O

Though I suspect it'll start warming up a fair bit during the day. :)

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
Then again, the latest temperature recordings for around here is 1.9*C (at 8am). Wow. :-O

Though I suspect it'll start warming up a fair bit during the day. :)

It was certainly pretty cold when I was out in Solihull last night. According to the local weather station, the temp eventually dipped to just 0.7 in the early hours of the morning.

Bish

Posted
Posted

A stunning few days here. The sun really has some warmth in it now. :D

Even though it was just 11c or so, in the sun and no wind it now feels very pleasant.

Next week could hit 14-17c again for a few days. :D

FI looks a bit more unsettled but the GFS Op was an outlier for Low Pressure.