Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow, the 06z GFS is one of the driest runs ive ever seen. VERY Mild this week and warm in the sun. Really good for February and im loving it! Should see some good sunny spells at times.

As much as I love this dry weather I really do forsee drought problems for much of England this year. As each dry day passes the situation gets worse. I think South Staffs water will announce drought soon enough. Does it get any water from Wales though? I know the Severn area does but not sure about South Staffs?

Still, there seems no end to the relentless Azores High. Should such a pattern continue into the Spring and Summer, some very nice weather, hot weather could follow. Of course for drought, things could get serious. Only about 10mm here for this month I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cant believe ppl think February colder than December, would never get this in late nov/dec, would be dark at 4pm (winter) late Feb is Spring, due to sun height and strength

this setup in Dec would be winter, frosty start 3C max and dark at 4pm, not 11C max like today

Posted

It's such a shame we can never get such lovely spells of weather in the Summer in terms of getting the Azores high in the right place like this week.

Come Summertime only the South East gets the sunshine :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's such a shame we can never get such lovely spells of weather in the Summer in terms of getting the Azores high in the right place like this week.

Come Summertime only the South East gets the sunshine :lol:

It certainly is a beautiful day Conor.....hoping this summer we will get plenty of more days like today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not keen on some of these colder charts coming through at the moment. Imo Winter had its chance. Spring kicked off really well this week here and I dont wish it to flip back.

Posted

Not keen on some of these colder charts coming through at the moment. Imo Winter had its chance. Spring kicked off really well this week here and I dont wish it to flip back.

agree there I think, our locations will be too low for snow, looks like a very snowy few days above 300m Mar 3-7th at least

Posted

Was a gorgeous day here again today, the sun really has some strength in it hasn't it?

I do hope it continues, I wanna go for a long blast on me bike when I get paid and it's perfect weather atm.

Posted

I've only just realised that Tuesday still falls within February........looks like some records could easily be beaten somewhere in the country :)

Bish

Posted

Was a gorgeous day here again today, the sun really has some strength in it hasn't it?

I do hope it continues, I wanna go for a long blast on me bike when I get paid and it's perfect weather atm.

Indeed, it really has made even this weekend when its just 11c or so warm when in the sun. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It was certainly pretty cold when I was out in Solihull last night. According to the local weather station, the temp eventually dipped to just 0.7 in the early hours of the morning.

Bish

Pretty impressive. I remember when I got up that morning, I expected it was going to be already 8*C or something (lol).

The weather today has been very enjoyable I have to admit. Despite being slightly on the cool side, ended up going outside a few times while in the waiting room for this keyboard concert. There seems to be that real sense of Spring flooding the air, but can it put up enough of a fight against Winter?

Wouldn't mind Winter winning briefly one or two more times as longs as it brings its snow along with it - even just a few odd snow showers. But if not, then at least there is next Winter. One kind of weather I hope I don't see a lot of for the rest of this year is the drizzle of doom. The drizzle shields can stay as strong as they like. :D

Posted

Pretty impressive. I remember when I got up that morning, I expected it was going to be already 8*C or something (lol).

The weather today has been very enjoyable I have to admit. Despite being slightly on the cool side, ended up going outside a few times while in the waiting room for this keyboard concert. There seems to be that real sense of Spring flooding the air, but can it put up enough of a fight against Winter?

Wouldn't mind Winter winning briefly one or two more times as longs as it brings its snow along with it - even just a few odd snow showers. But if not, then at least there is next Winter. One kind of weather I hope I don't see a lot of for the rest of this year is the drizzle of doom. The drizzle shields can stay as strong as they like. :D

remember, winter is only 8 months away and it's the only season we get twice a year! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

remember, winter is only 8 months away and it's the only season we get twice a year! :p

Ah yeah, that's a good point, because you have it in Janaury and February. Then it abandon us, but re-visits us again in December. Think if the year was made up of six months instead with the new year starting in July, then we could have Summer twice a year, too. :p:)

Posted

If the 06z GFS came off then its a channel snow with snow for the Midlands (except North) and the South early next week! :lol: Bonkers flip possible if we get nearly 18/19c this week to just 3/4c next week but then thats Spring for you!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

If the 06z GFS came off then its a channel snow with snow for the Midlands (except North) and the South early next week! :lol: Bonkers flip possible if we get nearly 18/19c this week to just 3/4c next week but then thats Spring for you!

Well if we get the snow, that hopefully will get rid of the dopey wasps that keep appearing in the house — had 8 in the last week! Maybe they have hibernated in a chimney?

Posted

12z thankfully removes the colder weather from the 06z which was more an outlier anyway. Still turns cooler next week but 12z looks like giving High pressure more influence again. :)

Cant believe ppl think February colder than December

LOL, stats dont lie, i guess you should email the UK Met Office and politely ask them to change Februaries average CET to be higher than December just to please you, i cant believe August is warmer than June maybe i'll join you in emailing them asking for them to change it.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

just an average early spring day here, only 13.9C max, no exceptional warmth, too far west, tomorrow may be warmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Cold weather fans may want to peruse the 12z outputs, in particular the GFS, as it shows a cold a possibly snowy outlook from early next week.....a long way to go of course, but worth monitoring over the next few days

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

just an average early spring day here, only 13.9C max, no exceptional warmth, too far west, tomorrow may be warmer

Well it would be an average mid April day, but certainly far from average for late February.

Posted

A very sunny afternoon ahead for the West Midlands. Sat24 shows some good clear skies moving in now. Sunshine peaking through here now. Should feel very mild or even warm in the sun. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

its turning out to be a nice afternoon here in Birmingham

Brumcams finally up and running so check it out and please give me some feed back :D

http://www.brumcam.co.uk/

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

A very sunny afternoon ahead for the West Midlands. Sat24 shows some good clear skies moving in now. Sunshine peaking through here now. Should feel very mild or even warm in the sun. :)

I foolishly went out for my lunchtime walk without a coat, and ended up shivering my way around Solihull Park under heavy grey skies. And yet by mid-afternoon there wasn't a cloud in sight and it felt like late April - the Great British weather never seizes to amaze me!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi guys. Must say it was a beautyful afternoon here in brum.

Posted

Yep, a super afternoon here. Tomorrow looks the same plus sunny spells in the morning too. :)