Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Cracking day yesterday, felt like summer in Kelso, glad of the jumper AND jacket for a walk round the wall at Berwick though :lol:

Posted

Ah well, a grey end to a grey day and it's still 10C. :crazy:

Weather better stay dry till after the weekend, my new shock absorbers have arrived, and am fitting them on Saturday, just wish the cooncil would fix potholes as quick as Fedex deliver! Roads in Bonnybridge resemble the moutain tracks in La Paz! :nonono:

Something to look forward to in June... "The most anticipated planetary event for 2012 will be the transit of Venus in early June, when it will appear from some locations on Earth to pass in front of the Sun."

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ah well, a grey end to a grey day and it's still 10C. :crazy:

Weather better stay dry till after the weekend, my new shock absorbers have arrived, and am fitting them on Saturday, just wish the cooncil would fix potholes as quick as Fedex deliver! Roads in Bonnybridge resemble the moutain tracks in La Paz! :nonono:

One of these might help with getting out of the potholes:

but of less use on the mate :blink:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

It would not be out of place round here at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Hovercraft-DONAR-front.jpg

8)

Guid wi the snaw tae.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Colleague at work has bought a telescope, presumably not for random perversion but for looking at more heavenly bodies, he was asking about cloud cover.

NAE not painting a pretty picture, this anticyclone sucking in the warm air and spewing out stratus.. not good ! Simply is the dullest weather there is - some glimmer of 'blue' over to the east on the horizon, pretty rotten luck when Sol decides to kick off CME after CME..

That transit of Venus i think is visible from Southern Hemisphere so a wee trek needed to view that one !!

Monday night trash movie - Top Gun.. Sad but full of legendary one liners. More geekery.

Edit - for all your transport needs have a look here... not to be found in your average forecourt...

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Another day of stone removal crossing fields which are now very dusty.Dull; and calm so ideal conditions for job.currently 8.6c. Grass starting to grow well every day but lack of rain may soon limit it.

Posted

Colleague at work has bought a telescope, presumably not for random perversion but for looking at more heavenly bodies, he was asking about cloud cover.

NAE not painting a pretty picture, this anticyclone sucking in the warm air and spewing out stratus.. not good ! Simply is the dullest weather there is - some glimmer of 'blue' over to the east on the horizon, pretty rotten luck when Sol decides to kick off CME after CME..

That transit of Venus i think is visible from Southern Hemisphere so a wee trek needed to view that one !!

Monday night trash movie - Top Gun.. Sad but full of legendary one liners. More geekery.

Edit - for all your transport needs have a look here... not to be found in your average forecourt...

I'll have one of these http://www.edisposal...umpTo=OfferList

for next winter please.... you see 'very low hours' - well it would be if it's been in the UK - come to think of it, most of those vehicles could be useful at some point!

Monday night viewing here was to finish Wallander. Epic stuff, Swedish desolation, murder, heartache at its best..

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

hi all

not too bad a day yesterday. felt cool compared to Sunday mind! sun eventually broke out a bit in the afternoon and was pleasant enough. bit cloudier today but a fine enough day and bright spells. patches of sun and 11C. meant to get sunnier later and wed, thursday and friday look great. Not sure about the weekend yet but hope it holds out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sun broke through just after lunch here and felt very pleasant with a max of 11c. Still starry but cloud beginning to reform now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

5.4c/-1.3c "WNW. :lazy: ........MORE CLOUD ALL DAY!!

Posted

I confess. I saw sunshine for about 15 mins today so I looked up & prayed. Didn't work though, back came the cloud; there is no god.

Posted

Three minutes of sunshine and nil rain, a hat trick of days of grey here....

Posted

Three minutes of sunshine and nil rain, a hat trick of days of grey here....

There are hat-tricks I like :clap: and those I don't... :wallbash:

Posted

Another grey day here today as well with maximum of 12c and flat calm. Ideal for the ongoing stone picking.Could do with a wet day for a change of job as legs and arms a bit sore. Another 4 days should see us finished and then we can sow the barley if it stays dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The cloud had persisted more here today though there are just hints of brightness to the SW. Dry again.

Posted

Grey start but a beautiful hazy sunshine afternoon and of course dry.

Posted

Cloudy .. broke down a bit this evening. Saw Mars. Saw Jupiter has sneaked past Venus.. Looking forward to these fronts passing through to liven things up a bit !

Posted

Cloudy .. broke down a bit this evening. Saw Mars. Saw Jupiter has sneaked past Venus.. Looking forward to these fronts passing through to liven things up a bit !

Couldn't agree more. This endless cloud has really been driving me slowly round the bend, more than days of rain, no snow, gales or whatever. Today was utterly dreadful at times, barely any texture in the greyness. Roll on whatever happens next, and as soon as possible please. Before I have to open this jeraboam.

Posted

Might go cycling tomorrow.. feel inspired somehow... :)