Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

A snowy April day today! Woke up to a disting this morning. Had some occasional snow showers and sunshine during the day, then late this afternoon we had some heavier showers and further heavy showers this evening and we have a covering again, nice!

Posted

A snowy April day today! Woke up to a disting this morning. Had some occasional snow showers and sunshine during the day, then late this afternoon we had some heavier showers and further heavy showers this evening and we have a covering again, nice!

Shetland must be one of the best places in the UK for a snow lover to live. You must see a lot of wintry weather in a year, even when everyone else is having a BBQtongue.png

Posted

Changeable day today, with a few soft hail showers on way to Livingston early afternoon. Still a bit of snaw atop the Ochils. Temp varied from 5c to 10c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Good morning. Yet again a covering of snow here this morning and at present its snowing quite heavily!

Posted

Like I said, just a covering but hey, it is April!

post-12343-0-02947900-1334473502_thumb.j

A dusting here to this morning after a low overnight of -0.5c.All the extra silage /straw will get eaten into this month if the cool weather keeps up as grass growth has stopped.

Wintry sunset over the Firth last night with line of showers coming down from Shetland right on the far northern horizon.post-2744-0-46501700-1334478561_thumb.jppost-2744-0-32152100-1334478728_thumb.jp Flurry of grauple caught by the camera

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Thin covering of snow here overnight and just had another snow shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Flip it's cold. Back from warmth to multiple layers, stove on all day... Frost last night, showers of snow, sleet, soft and hard hail, rain. Right, it's April. But I'd like to put my potatoes out before they look like shrivelled prunes!

Posted

Flip it's cold. Back from warmth to multiple layers, stove on all day... Frost last night, showers of snow, sleet, soft and hard hail, rain. Right, it's April. But I'd like to put my potatoes out before they look like shrivelled prunes!

Patience end of the month is plenty of time for tatties up here even in the garden. Currently 4.5c and flurries of grauple and snowl all morning.

Posted

Patience end of the month is plenty of time for tatties up here even in the garden. Currently 4.5c and flurries of grauple and snowl all morning.

Aye, no rush, maybe a relic emotion from our early heatwave. Been out in the garden today, took a good bit of digging to warm me up. More ground ready. Going to try the pumpkins in the woodshed as it does get quite warm - even hot - in there in summer, made some little nooks for them which are accessible and can be adjusted for where the fruit develop. We'll see...

Posted

Hi all

A right mixed weekend. Slight snow cover this mOrning! Snow showers on and off all weekend. In between then some nice sunny spells. Out of the breeze today in the back garden it felt very pleasant. Playing with the kids in t- shirts! We soon had to take cover as the showers were never far away though. Most of the showers were the polystyrene balls stuff. Great April weekend i'd say. My veggie patch I am ashamed to say is no more. I've planted it with grass seed this year. I am fairly confident that is one thing I will be able to grow successfully...unlike tarties, carrots, sprouts, lettuce, parsnip, turnip...I could go on with various failed experiments! It started off amusing ( and still is to my mates) but I know when I am defeated!

Edited by thebigyin

Posted

Cloud shown in this photo held temperature up overnight to a minimum of 0.5c. Currrently 1.5c calm and partially cloudy.

post-2744-0-15164500-1334561294_thumb.jp

Snow coverd hill to the N bathed in sunshine.

Very clear to the NE with blue skies appearing. Can see the cliffs at Dunbeath .Photo tries to show them,(blame the operator) to the NE and further up to Wick.post-2744-0-54677700-1334561554_thumb.jp

Posted

Wall to wall blue this AM but had to scrape the car. Cold but nice day yesterday peaking at 8C (Kids still went paddling at the Falkirk Wheel brrrrrrr)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly cloudy and cold here this morning with a few light showers, sleety earlier. Temps up to 6C but feeling colder in the breeze.

Posted

Cold start here but some stunning spring sunshine for most of the day, a couple of weeks like that when the summer comes and I might lose my alabaster complexion. Weekend was interesting with some heavy snow showers and a covering on Saturday followed by a similar mixed bag on sunday. Looks like Drumochter is getting a dumping tonight

Posted

Smashing day after that grey start. Looked east and west from ye olde Kessock Bridge a short while ago - stratus and the rest to the west, still deep blue yonder east. Grey now.

First swallow today.

Got this the other day - not local.

Edit: the uploading process is crucifying my pictures wallbash.gif

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Great colour in that pic HC.. Beautiful start to the day here too with the azure skies.

Looking at the latest radar - soon to be drookit !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yuk! Wet, wet, wet.

Posted

Great colour in that pic HC.. Beautiful start to the day here too with the azure skies.

Looking at the latest radar - soon to be drookit !

And drookit I was, all morning, seemed sleety down to about 150m. Sunny and almost warm now though.huh.pngblink.pngwacko.pngrofl.gifrofl.gif

Oh, and no swallows today. I hope yesterday's found somewhere warm to hide.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy showers here at the moment. 6C with a SW breeze. Some sunny ints after this mornings cold rain cleared but also these heavy showers. A covering of snow this morning at my mums in Aberfeldy but it melted later away from the hills.

Posted

Now 3C and clear. Unlike my head - pension mayhem... Wtf have gov'ts made such a muddle of pensions? Should be simple, methinks, naive maybe.

Good pix, Cheggers. Have you looked at the Wikipedia page for clouds? Good reading but not post beer!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, the thread's getting on a bit, so for your posting enjoyment, a squeaky clean new thread for you here ------------->

Locking this one now