Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted

Still some drifts at the back of dykes and woods today. Currently 4c so melt rate slower overnight maybe it is waiting for more!

Posted

An amazing sky about 30 mins ago. To the west was clear sky with stars, over Glasgow was this orange low cloud and above this was ribbed clouds high in the sky with the moon reflecting it. Quite amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

An amazing sky about 30 mins ago. To the west was clear sky with stars, over Glasgow was this orange low cloud and above this was ribbed clouds high in the sky with the moon reflecting it. Quite amazing.

Try looking for 'undulatus' cloud formation... :search:

Posted

Dull dreich drizzly morning a bit November like.Currently 3c with still a few drifts left.

Barley emerging slowly, good job it was sown last month as field work has stopped again as it is getting muddy.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Yet another pi55y grey day draws to its 5hitty end in 5qualid nope - still swearingro5e...

Wow the bowdleriser really has gone to town on that :blink: :blink: :wacko:

But do I care? No because I'm away in the morning to somewhere sunny for a while. Ha. Have fun ;)

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Dull, dry and currently 9.2c This boring dayweatherwise has been set alive on the farm with the news leaking out that the powers that be are proposing to ban the application of all organic and inorganic fertilisers on fields with more than a 12 degree slope for fear of surface runoff of N and P Most of my farm would be included in this so if the cost of fertliser (which we are now using sparingly because of the price) does not stop us farming then the government seem intent on doing so. Was wondering what all the science based people on here thought of this new rule? In my own case 5 years ago we went back to sowing lots of red clover in grass seed mixes to fix N from the atmosphere and reduce the need for bagged nitrogen so we are already doing something positive but we will not be able to grow profitable crops of cereals without bagged nitrogen

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Dull, dry and currently 9.2c This boring dayweatherwise has been set alive on the farm with the news leaking out that the powers that be are proposing to ban the application of all organic and inorganic fertilisers on fields with more than a 12 degree slope for fear of surface runoff of N and P Most of my farm would be included in this so if the cost of fertliser (which we are now using sparingly because of the price) does not stop us farming then the government seem intent on doing so. Was wondering what all the science based people on here thought of this new rule? In my own case 5 years ago we went back to sowing lots of red clover in grass seed mixes to fix N from the atmosphere and reduce the need for bagged nitrogen so we are already doing something positive but we will not be able to grow profitable crops of cereals without bagged nitrogen

I can honestly say that the current collection of Muppets called the government wouldn't know a farm if it jumped up and slapped them. I'll let others comment on the Science, but it's a joke if the go ahead I think. I would also think a lot of Farms will be affected, especially Perthshire Northwards.

Sun keeps popping through the clouds, as does the rain, so another mixed bag @ 12C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

This Evening and Tonight:

Bright then clear spells and showers, these falling as snow across the hills. Showers will continue towards the Solway Coast and southern parts of the Borders but becoming drier elsewhere. Light winds. Minimum temperature 0 °C.

Tuesday:

Most places will get off to a dry, sunny start. Showers will break out during the morning, becoming more frequent, heavy and possibly thundery in the afternoon. Snow on hills. Maximum temperature 10 °C.

Updated: 1531 on Mon 9 Apr 2012

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Clear or sunny spells and daytime showers, these slow moving and heavy at times with hail and hill snow. Risk of overnight rural frosts. Gentle north or northwest winds.

UK Outlook for Saturday 14 Apr 2012 to Monday 23 Apr 2012:

Continuing unsettled at the start of this period, with sunny spells and showers for most areas, perhaps locally heavy and thundery at first, merging into spells of more persistent rain in places. Some hill snow is likely, chiefly in northern UK, with snow possible to lower levels in the far north at times. Early next week the focus of the showers will probably shift to northern and eastern parts, with drier conditions more likely elsewhere. However, by mid-week the most likely scenario is for generally unsettled conditions to return to most parts with bands of rain or showers moving west to east across the country. Often rather breezy, with temperatures mainly below normal for mid-April, meaning that occasional overnight frosts are still possible, these possibly quite widespread at first.

Updated: 1134 on Mon 9 Apr 2012

:ph34r:

:cc_confused:

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Some really sharp showers of hail this afternoon,Currently 6c with clearing skies.

Posted

Classic April today with bright sunshine and hefty showers.

Posted

UK Outlook for Saturday 14 Apr 2012 to Monday 23 Apr 2012:

Continuing unsettled at the start of this period, with sunny spells and showers for most areas, perhaps locally heavy and thundery at first, merging into spells of more persistent rain in places. Some hill snow is likely, chiefly in northern UK, with snow possible to lower levels in the far north at times. Early next week the focus of the showers will probably shift to northern and eastern parts, with drier conditions more likely elsewhere. However, by mid-week the most likely scenario is for generally unsettled conditions to return to most parts with bands of rain or showers moving west to east across the country. Often rather breezy, with temperatures mainly below normal for mid-April, meaning that occasional overnight frosts are still possible, these possibly quite widespread at first.

Updated: 1134 on Mon 9 Apr 2012

:ph34r:

:cc_confused:

As was suspected, Summer been and gone, Ski season in full swing!!!

Another mixed\gash day here. Showers and chilly @ 9C, some really sharp showers on round trip to Brauer again. Still the snaw patches persists atop the Ochils, and some patches above Pitlochory.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Heavy sleet just turned into the white stuff ! Bitter out there today !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Snow up here too, world turned white once again - horrible day.

Posted

Heavy sleet just turned into the white stuff ! Bitter out there today !

Aye, another winter tyre morning for me. Soutra looks fun!

post-9421-0-52654200-1334044402_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy and lying up here scottish skier

Posted

Heavy and lying up here scottish skier

Heading for work now. Wish me luck!

Still have the winters on, so looking forward to it :winky:

Keep an eye on the soutra cam - I'll wave on my way past!

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Snow down here too but no way it will settle as it's far too wet (she says hopefully!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Ha what do you know flat tyre, great timing out changing it in the snow !

Posted

Was certainly a snowy drive. Whiteout with snow lying on the road all the way from Oxton to Dalkeith on the A68. Soutra had a good couple of inches lying.

Snowing at Dreghorn on the Edinburgh bypass too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Dunfermline raining this morning - got home c.10am to find South Suburban Embra with white stuff on every grassy surface! And I missed it!! the only lying snow all bloody winter and I wasn't here - waaaah!!!!

Only just made it back from the station to home, though... hadn't been checking the forecasts so had foolishly gone out in only the one light jumper and a cardigan-jacket... home and straight to the Woolly Drawer to put on me Woolly Drawers and Jumpers!! :)