Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted

Yeah lovely clear night. Don't suppose you know the really bright one out due about west reasonably low in the sky? Star, planet, satellite? Particularly bright from 7pm to 8pm then fades. Been there for a good few weeks thinking about it. Maybe longer. That reminds me apparently an app that point phone at star and tells you what it is. I may invest!

That is Venus I think, and the smaller but bright one 45 degrees up from it is Jupiter.

I think Mars is now in the South East sky, but all 3 and the moon were in a line last Monday.

Evening all, Was off to Duns in the Scottish Borders today! Set off at 9.30am and boy was it snowy at the tops of the Lammermuirs - really sticking and gorgeous white all around, and it was snowing when i reached Duns. Much more wet and dull/yucky on the way back and then bright sunshine later - some weather in one day. x

Lovely to be actually seeing some snow though - the snow starved snowy. x

I slept through the snow yesterday morning, woke up to some wet sleety stuff. Apparently it was quite heavy first thing...I really am letting my snowmad cap slip these days :(:rofl:

Posted

Another braw day here after a chilly night dropping to -3C. Looking good for continued settled weather after tomorrows wee interlude.

Posted

Hi all

a nice start but clouding over now and wind picking up. feels very cold in the wind. Rain by evebign it seems from forecast but rest of week looks good, and mild by weekend. so happy with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

8.5c/-3.7c WSW. A low of 0.2 overnight which wasn't bad at all really. Starting to cloud over now though and a brisk wind making it feel quite chilly. Reading Frosty's update on the model thread,(I like his updates because he is about the only one who includes Scotland) Looks good next week for most eastern and south eastern areas with good high pressure. You watch this tho' , I bet we cop the bloody cloud again!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Ah the sound of gale force winds ripping through keyholes and window vents. It's 2011 all over again.

Just as long as it isn't Bawbag all over again. Turns out our cast-iron Victorian skylight is irreplaceable. Either we have a bigger hole cut in the roof and install a modern one which means massive paperwork as it's a Conservation Area, yadda-yadda-yadda, or else we have one made to fit which the insurance company are not overly keen on.

Blustery and grey here. I've had an irritating few weeks ('Hell is other people' as Sartre more or less said) which has now drawn to a close (hurray!!!) and I would really appreciate some of that calm sunny Springlike weather so I can get out for walks, feel some fresh air in my smoke-choked ol' lungs and so on.

Posted

Not such a good day to be outside especially this afternoon when there was and still is a howling southerly gale which at 6c feels pretty chilly. Totally overcast and very dark this afternoon.

Posted

Interesting....

Issued at - 06 Mar 2012, 16:38Valid from - 07 Mar 2012, 15:00

Valid to - 08 Mar 2012, 10:00

Showers will turn increasingly wintry during Wednesday,

turning heavier later in the day. On ground above 200 metres

, accumulations of 5 cm of snow are expected with the potential

for 10 cm above 300 metres, whilst temporary deposits are also

likely at lower levels. Showers becoming fewer and lighter later

on Wednesday night. In addition, there will be a risk of ice on

untreated surfaces away from westerns coasts during Wednesday night

and into Thursday morning.

The public should be aware of possible travel disruption.

Posted

Not such a good day to be outside especially this afternoon when there was and still is a howling southerly gale which at 6c feels pretty chilly. Totally overcast and very dark this afternoon.

The wind if anything is even stronger now and its now 8.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Grim today, wind picked up this afternoon and had a fierce chill about it - nae pleasant at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Extension builders getting the roof sealing materials delivered the morn. Were planning to get cracking straight away.

Ces't la vie.

12030718_0618.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

heavy hail turns cambuslang white :clapping:

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Very bitter in the breeze this morning. Temp was 5C, but felt like -5C. Not holding much hope of any snaw today.

Same! too many false alarms this year. Looking at Radar the most we might get is a temporary shower probably wet snow.

Posted

hi all

lovely sunny day, a strong wind last night (50mph gusts) and still a bit breezy today. Cold, don't expect any wintry action here. Good luck if that's what you're after. The showers seem to be getting going...

Posted

Heavy snow Glen Ogle folks!

Check out Traffic Scotland

Posted

As expected 3pm and nowt but rain in most places and showers at that. 10cm of snow on hills...my Erse!

Posted

As expected 3pm and nowt but rain in most places and showers at that. 10cm of snow on hills...my Erse!

Glencoe webcams are looking not bad (although Met Office seem to take little interest in mountain weather so I suppose they probably meant lower hills):

summit.jpeg

Posted

Glencoe webcams are looking not bad (although Met Office seem to take little interest in mountain weather so I suppose they probably meant lower hills):

summit.jpeg

Yeh they were talking slushy deposits at sea level and snow above 500ft no chance of that. Glencoe only has about 3cm of fresh!

Posted

Winter came in like Autumn and ended like Spring...As IM Jolly would have said:"It's been an awful year"

Posted

Yeh they were talking slushy deposits at sea level and snow above 500ft no chance of that. Glencoe only has about 3cm of fresh!

There have been some short intense snow showers here in EK at just under 500ft but nothing sticking.

Posted

First snowfall of Spring 2012 albeit in a mix of rain, sleet, hail and snow showers. Cold at 4C na lovely sunshine breaks inbetween fronts