Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted

23mm here for February. You got one of anyweather's little rain gauges?

I think that fell @6pm here this evening. It really did fall with some vigour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Rain was rubbish here the day. On the way to work it tried sort of misty drizzly stuff, then spats, then almost proper rain before a drizzly + spats combo. It never really got going then just sort of gave up after a few miles. Glad as it was doin ma heid in changing the wiper setting all the time.

As a result I’ve decided I’m going to invent an automatic wiper system uniquely designed for Scottish rain. Figure on the following settings:

1. Och fekin annoyin misty shâ€te

2. Whit, rainin noo or naw?

3. Aye, rainin

4. Noo pishin doon btw

5. Fekin hell, haemmering doon noo

6. Jesus wept a cannae see fek aw, slaw doon mun!

Any feedback appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Had a lousy day yesterday, got a meeting today I don't want, got a drive to Cumbria and back tomorrow, then Sunday my pal's driving us up to another meeting like that last one with everyone getting arsey and more back-stabbing than a collapsing political party.

So I'd like the same clear crisp bright weather that I currently have today, from now til Sunday evening please, no major anything, just bright and dry on the whole East of Scotland and across down to Penrith area, ta muchly.

And a special request for all complete morons to suddenly find that they have good reason to PERMANENTLY leave the country so I never EVER have to deal with their IDIOTIC behaviour again.

Me, suffer fools gladly? Why, yes, now you mention it, famed I am for my tolerance and gentle manner.

Barstewards. Kill 'em all! Lemme at 'em!!!!! Kill! kill!

This quitting smoking would be easier if some people were less THICK.

BM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
23mm here for February. You got one of anyweather's little rain gauges?
Yes. Have had it for last two months.

Sun breaking through nicely here just now with mist and fog clearing over the river.

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

8.6c/1.7c ESE. Sunny with lots of blue! What a difference.

Posted

Gone very dark here. Still a mild grey day though.

A giggle while quiet....

Some nicknames that have been given to Glasgow characters by their friends and workmates:

Two Soups - his real name is Campbell Baxter.

The Colostomy - the girlfriend of a married man (i.e. the wee bag on the side).

The Boomerang Kid - whenever anyone at work asks a question, he always replies: 'I'll get back to you on that. '

The Parachute - lets everyone down at the last minute.

Cashline - an experienced young lass who's open 24 hours a day.

Vaseline - his real name is Willie Burns.

Rembrandt - loves saying to colleagues: 'Let me put you in the picture...'

Bo Derek - a chap called Derek with terrible body odour.

Brewer's Droop - his real name is Willie Falls ..

The Genie - magically appears whenever anyone opens a bottle.

Dulux - his pals reckon he's only got one coat.

Soapy - washes his hands of any problems that crop up..

Captain Hook - continually late for work, it's believed he must be scared of the alarm clock.

The Yeti - always on the sick, there have been many unconfirmed sightings of this guy, but nobody can prove he actually exists.

The Gas Man - he's serviced loads of old boilers.

The Hostage - when anyone asks for help he always replies: 'Sorry, my hands are tied’.

The Woodpecker - he's always tapping..

Mussolini - a woman in an office in Glasgow who has rather loose morals (aka the great dicktaker)

The Olympic Flame - He never goes oot

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Had a lousy day yesterday, got a meeting today I don't want, got a drive to Cumbria and back tomorrow, then Sunday my pal's driving us up to another meeting like that last one with everyone getting arsey and more back-stabbing than a collapsing political party.

So I'd like the same clear crisp bright weather that I currently have today, from now til Sunday evening please, no major anything, just bright and dry on the whole East of Scotland and across down to Penrith area, ta muchly.

And a special request for all complete morons to suddenly find that they have good reason to PERMANENTLY leave the country so I never EVER have to deal with their IDIOTIC behaviour again.

Me, suffer fools gladly? Why, yes, now you mention it, famed I am for my tolerance and gentle manner.

Barstewards. Kill 'em all! Lemme at 'em!!!!! Kill! kill!

This quitting smoking would be easier if some people were less THICK.

BM

You need drugs, lots of them. That was the only way I could give up the weed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

I can already see a huge difference between the south-east of Scotland and out towards the west coast in terms of cloud/rain...you really have no idea until you start moving house between the two that there are huge differences in just over a hundred miles. You (or should that now be we?) don't know you're born SS :lol:

Hmm, *waves arm* Miss, Miss, I'd swop with SS!! having moved from one of the driest parts of the UK (Suffolk) to the west of Scotland I wouldn't have dreamed in my wildest nightmares that it could rain so much on Planet Earth. It feels as though it has rained constantly since the beginning of May. With a few thoughtful sessions of hurricane force winds thrown in to give us a bit of variation at times. It has been relentless and actually depressing. I should be writing a paper on "Weather Related Clinical Depression In Western Scots : Examing The Cup Is Half Empty Syndrome". As for me, as a Southern Softie, after 3 years of it I yearn for dry droughty Suffolk. Its such a pity as I love Scotland apart from the pish weather in the west.

Edited by Soaring Hawk

Posted

You need drugs, lots of them. That was the only way I could give up the weed.

Mwahaha I have a secret brainwashing recording which is actually working pretty well. In the last 11 days I've smoked c.10 instead of the 140 it would normally be. And I've only wanted to kill people when someone was monumentally STUPID yesterday. Which I reckon is unrelated to the smoking really... I'd have wanted to KILLKILLKILL in any case...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Mwahaha I have a secret brainwashing recording which is actually working pretty well. In the last 11 days I've smoked c.10 instead of the 140 it would normally be. And I've only wanted to kill people when someone was monumentally STUPID yesterday. Which I reckon is unrelated to the smoking really... I'd have wanted to KILLKILLKILL in any case...

Em, best of luck with it *as she creeps quietly out*

Posted

Em, best of luck with it *as she creeps quietly out*

No, really, don't worry! It's got whale-music and seashore-shingle sounds and gentle waves and everything, teaching me to be gentle and loving in my carefree PyschokillerPsychokillerPsychokiller natural world of peace and calm and tranqKILLKILLKILLuility....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Checking in to see Bleak has gone macabre, the charts are on the tease for next weekend, and it looks like we may have lost our last Kite. lol this thread as usual is multi-faceted!

Even though the temp was 8c last time I looked I actually feel cold this evening and have dared to put the heating on (yep its always a 'dare' in this house to put the heating on when OH is around - as like all men he must have been born in a furnace).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Got 10C & some nice sunny spells today, best day of the week - well, being Friday helps too of course!

No, we have definitely not lost our last kite, there's flipping hundreds of them around here, circling childrens' playgrounds and gardens of care homes... the new vultures... At least they're silent, unlike the shiiiitehawks that plague us here.

Posted

Shicht day today, cool damp and misty. First in while so can't grumble. Mixed weekend on the whole it looks. Beer time.

Edited by thebigyin

Posted

Got 10C & some nice sunny spells today, best day of the week - well, being Friday helps too of course!

No, we have definitely not lost our last kite, there's flipping hundreds of them around here, circling childrens' playgrounds and gardens of care homes... the new vultures... At least they're silent, unlike the shiiiitehawks that plague us here.

Yes, its just that the last of the original generation of re-introduced kites has died. Hundreds of other breeding pairs in Scotland.

Posted

Yes, its just that the last of the original generation of re-introduced kites has died. Hundreds of other breeding pairs in Scotland.

Second sentence directly resulting from the "original generation of re-introduced kites" - that was a project that really succeeded, hurrah!

I added a new, third bird-feeder and can see from my table five black birds regularly feeding at it. Pointed them out to mother and the two of us went through the bird books eliminating one or another on grounds of bill colour or leg colour, until I said firmly, "right, they're crows then" to which she said, bless her city-living socks, "well, couldn't they be ravens?" - er, no, mother, were five ravens to sit on my suburban front garden wall eating seed from a feeder, I'd be able to tell they were ravens due to the fact that they are sodding huge!! :-)

That instruction I gave earlier about the bright dry weather from this morning to Sunday? Whose clever funny-haha idea was it to swap that round so I walked four miles home from a meeting in the steady dull grey drizzle??? Pah...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Sunday looking hopeful, again the North by Northwest theme continues.

post-7292-0-26642800-1330729992_thumb.gi

Been following the carnage in the States on Twitter most of today. Huge storm systems, weather bombs over land and numerous Tornados.

On the models here nothing changes.. AH and PV ruling the roost.. !

Let's hope somewhere gets a good blast on Sunday

Posted

Sunday looking hopeful, again the North by Northwest theme continues.

post-7292-0-26642800-1330729992_thumb.gi

Been following the carnage in the States on Twitter most of today. Huge storm systems, weather bombs over land and numerous Tornados.

On the models here nothing changes.. AH and PV ruling the roost.. !

Let's hope somewhere gets a good blast on Sunday

Sunday looks promising. GFS shows heavy precipitation over southern and south eastern scotland for 12 hours solid with snow the whole way through going by the precip type charts. I usually take no notice of that but at 36 hours out is it worth looking at?

Regardless of the models i can't see me getting any snow down here in the sea air but i would love to be surprised. Don't even care if it lies, just to see hours of falling snow would make me happy :)

Edited by Snowman09

Posted

wow, according to the lastest Netweather forecast, I'm due at least a foot of snow on sunday!!!! BRING IT ON! Hopefully for once this winter it will go as planned and give us a royal dumping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. 6.3c/2.3c E. Back to dull and dreich which is quite a change from yesterday morning's bright sunshine. Turned out to be a wet afternoon tho'.

You might find this an interesting read - (for those who haven't already seen it)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/03/02/increasing-winter-cold-in-recent-years-and-the-arctic/

Posted

wow, according to the lastest Netweather forecast, I'm due at least a foot of snow on sunday!!!! BRING IT ON! Hopefully for once this winter it will go as planned and give us a royal dumping

I would be astounded if we got more than a flake, never mind a foot! :acute:

Posted

I have returned from warmer climes to.............warmer climes! It must be down to Cat Cutie Cubie, the winters were so much more snowlicious with 'Hello there' Heather& Gudgie Gail in charge

7C, overcast and a wee bit blustery today

Snow patches in the hills looking rather tired, possible sunday top-up for them? be nice to see