Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted

Why so quiet, are we mostly resigned to the fact that another proposed event will pass by in the blink of an eye, with nothing to show.

12Z rolling oot, and London looking more likely fir snaw than us!

Posted

Why so quiet, are we mostly resigned to the fact that another proposed event will pass by in the blink of an eye, with nothing to show.

12Z rolling oot, and London looking more likely fir snaw than us!

Well atleast it looks like for the first time since Spring last year, this season looks like being the most consistent for seasonal weather in a while instead of having an overall poor summer and autumn and an inconsistent winter.

I wouldn't write off Spring snow yet as the more intricate details will only become clear during runs closer to the time but the trend is for typical March weather with a mixture of milder and cold periods, some rain, some wind, some showers and quite a bit of sunshine. And it looks there'll be quite a few colder periods so some snow for the hills and perhaps some wintry showers for western areas could be possible. Also, remember that Bournemouth in 2008 saw a snowfest in April so up here we stand a chance of sledging and building snow men right up until early May.

Posted

The BBC have used the snow symbol for the Glasgow Area I see :whistling:

Where did that come from? Anyways, to get some of the white stuff would be nice and there may be more oppurtunties for later on this month too. Looks like this March might continue the run of Spring snow - even if it doesn't do much it's still nice. An interesting Spring is ahead and some nice, sunny, seasonal weather is on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

You could feel it was much chillier again today. Sun out at times - wee shower of rain just passed over.

Not been looking to closely at the models of late.

Mibbe something the morn for higher areas (inc the borders)?

12030406_0312.gif

12030412_0312.gif

12030418_0312.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

A bit b.tchy I know and OT, BUT, perhaps a word in the new Scottish Labour Leader's ear re grooming wouldn't be amiss? My God, when she first appeared on the News I thought I was looking at Rab C Nesbitt! What an advert for New Labour............. She's certainly not as good looking as me! :lol:

I see Netweather have an alert out for heavy rain/snow overnight for inland western areas? 7.8c here and showery.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

A bit b.tchy I know and OT, BUT, perhaps a word in the new Scottish Labour Leader's ear re grooming wouldn't be amiss? My God, when she first appeared on the News I thought I was looking at Rab C Nesbitt! What an advert for New Labour............. She's certainly not as good looking as me! :lol:

I see Netweather have an alert out for heavy rain/snow overnight for inland western areas? 7.8c here and showery.

I suspect they'll need to 'Have a debate about that' and 'Connect with people' etc over it first.

When my wife (who's not into politics much) first saw her when I was pointing out something about an article she asked 'Who eez he?' in her polite french accent. :whistling:

T ~ 7C here and falling. Fire on earlier than of late. Used a lot less wood than last year, that's for sure.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

How reliable are these precipitation type charts?post-1989-0-48493900-1330815252_thumb.pnpost-1989-0-07211500-1330815348_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Looking forward to some wintry ppn tomorrow, be good to see. Down to 2C now, coldest for many days; also, some of those odd blue bits overhead again today :blink: :blink: .

Firewood eh... spent most of today on this one; at this time of year we seem to spend half our waking hours cutting splitting and shifting...

Just seen something entitled cassetteboy vs bbc news :rofl: :rofl:

Why do we have RCN as scottish labour leader? I guess the labs are all scared of her, can't think else why.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

3.8c here but dew points heading down at -0.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

It only does this when my pal and I have to drive to rural Aberdeenshire on a weekend daytrip for one of those bad-tempered committee-meetings, doesn't it? Extra ballast to help the tyres grip as we're picking up My Young Man who's a hefty lad, as well as another pal who's a twig. Combined weight of about 50 stone in a Mini should be fun :-)

Snow on the Pentlands this morning, heaviest I've seen all winter. Properly white, not a dusting.

Posted

It only does this when my pal and I have to drive to rural Aberdeenshire on a weekend daytrip for one of those bad-tempered committee-meetings, doesn't it? Extra ballast to help the tyres grip as we're picking up My Young Man who's a hefty lad, as well as another pal who's a twig. Combined weight of about 50 stone in a Mini should be fun :-)

Snow on the Pentlands this morning, heaviest I've seen all winter. Properly white, not a dusting.

Snowline maybe 50-75 m up the hill from me. Otherwise a layer on the car etc, but ground too warm for it to really stick.

Posted

Heavy wet snow. Monster flakes but struggling to stick.

Soutra all white at 300 m.

S_So_1.jpg

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Anyone in Inverness? My parents have just left from lancashire on a coacn to Inverness for a few days! Just wondering what the weather was like up there.

Posted

Anyone in Inverness? My parents have just left from lancashire on a coacn to Inverness for a few days! Just wondering what the weather was like up there.

M74, M80, M9, A9 all clear from what I can see. Snaw and rain sticking to the Borders and East coast only. Inverness should just be chilly. Currently 2C up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

M74, M80, M9, A9 all clear from what I can see. Snaw and rain sticking to the Borders and East coast only. Inverness should just be chilly. Currently 2C up there.

Awe thanks so much for that :) i thought Inverness was on the east coast? Lol my geography is terrible. Well at least they have their big coats for the chilliness! Saying that its quite cold here this morning, not as low as 2 degrees but definately a significant drop. Thanks once again for that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Anyone see this last night? http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-17248959

Nope missed that one!

Pretty dull here this morning - no snaw not even on Kinnoull hill etc, though to be fair I certainly didn't expect any.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

They'll probably encounter some snowfall in the borders but in Inverness itself it looks like being mostly dry, other than the odd wintry shower. Wednesday would probably be the next day for snow potential after today.

Some quite reasonable looking convection forming around the outer hebrides and upper air temperatures look quite favourable for snow:

12030412_0406.gif

12030412_0406.gif

The only issue for me would be that there is still a large amount of wind divergence, with south-southwesterlies here still and northwesterlies out west, with the winds eventually veering straight northerly for mainland Scotland.

Posted

Overcast cool and calm. Currently 3c. Out to the west in bright blue skies beyond Inverness are some very fine looking snow showers ands Ben Wyvis had a fresh dusting this morning. Superb visibilities this morning in this air of arctic origin,can almost see to Wick and cliffs at Dunbeath are visible. All windfarms can be seen too.

Will have to get motivated to gather some stones this week if it stays dryish in preparation for sowing.Grass fields all greening up,had a cow with summer mastitis this morning ,vet was here to treat,must have been a few flies about these last few very warm days as they spread it. Unusual according to the vet to see it at this time of the year.