Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Only just scrapped a max of 4C today(2C/3C for most of the day) and plenty of rain with gusty cold winds, feels very raw and completely different to this time last week.

You won't get much colder feeling days than today in the midlands in April with no sun at all, even below average for winter.

Posted

Only just scrapped a max of 4C today(2C/3C for most of the day) and plenty of rain with gusty cold winds, feels very raw and completely different to this time last week.

You won't get much colder feeling days than today in the midlands in April with no sun at all, even below average for winter.

pretty much the same here. Felt very cold out in the fields with the dogs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well today has been another flop for the Midlands. 18th December 2010 is just one of the very few days It went right for here. So rare it does sadly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well today has been another flop for the Midlands. 18th December 2010 is just one of the very few days It went right for here. So rare it does sadly.

Not any better this side of the regional border. 30 miles away they are plastered in the stuff.....may only be a matter of miles but it may aswell be a different country

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

30 Nov 2010, 01 Dec 2010 (profile pic) 22nd Dec 2010 and 04 Feb 2012, all other examples of it going right in the modern er@

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I was going to say, 4th Feb was fantastic while it lasted! The intensity of the snowfall that evening was amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

If only the current charts had come off during winter...!

Yes heavy rain here 5c imagine this in January

Posted

I was going to say, 4th Feb was fantastic while it lasted! The intensity of the snowfall that evening was amazing.

yeah, and looking at archive charts (without looking at day before) looks like a normal mild winter day with S/SW wind

Posted

Today`s setup was an april 4th 2000 april 11th 1998/april 15th setup and april 1981 outstanding for april all these. Bitter cold for april.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Today`s setup was an april 4th 2000 april 11th 1998/april 15th setup and april 1981 outstanding for april all these. Bitter cold for april.

certainly reminds me of Apr 4th 00, after a virtually snowless winter, did have a bit more snow 12 years ago on 4th Apr

Posted

Monsterous charts today, looks like we may be getting our long overdue cold wet April afterall, not one sunbathing day on the horizon :lol:

Posted

shock horror, just cloudy cold and windy here, no rain or snow im too far south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Must say though we had snow in the morning it didn't stick, i heare some parts of the midlands did well out of today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

if we didn't need the rain then i would be happy with mor of last week, it was nice to c the snow, well i hope next winter makes up for the crap we had this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Good 6 inches of snow. Still snowing but since afternoon, wet snow falling has meant a good consolidation of snow on the ground. Spent time building a 12 foot high snowman with the kids.

Posted

Yeah it's understandable there with hundreds of miles of huge peaks, I remember before seeing cities in Southern Germany with heavy snow whilst it be 25c+ in Northern Italy.

With the pennines I think typically the higher peaks are around 700-800 meters which combined with not being especially large in width over miles makes it all the more confusing that they eat up so much precipitation when it comes to these setups.

I mean even in Scotland heavy precipitation seems to make it much further east over much higher peaks than for example Wales.

Im sure there's a topic on this somewhere, i'll have to find it :lol:

No no, southern Germany to Northern Italy is two countries away - I'm talking about a 5 mile tunnel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Good 6 inches of snow. Still snowing but since afternoon, wet snow falling has meant a good consolidation of snow on the ground. Spent time building a 12 foot high snowman with the kids.

Great for you on high ground but everyone else, an appalling day which I hope isnt repeated anytime soon. Getting very tired of chasing dud snow events tbh.

The News is making this out to be a widespread event. Tbh, apart from hills of the Midlands, parts of Wales and N England today, most havent seen anything of note.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just awakened from a 3 hour nap, and one of the first things I checked was the weather outside. Still precipitation falling outside, though it appears to be just rain now. Was fun while it lasted, though, and I feel like I can wait till next Winter now to see my next wintry fix. :)

Posted

next weeks charts look potentially interesting, just hope its not the horrid heavy persistant rain, A showery setup, with hail, thunder/lightning looks possible. Any snow though looks to be only 300m and higher

wouldnt be surprised if the area was reporting good thunderstorms next week

Posted

certainly reminds me of Apr 4th 00, after a virtually snowless winter, did have a bit more snow 12 years ago on 4th Apr

A strange coincidence to 2000 the same setup on the same date,with the same 9 inches today(stopped now)

And the winter didn`t give much snow at all,freezing rain twice though which was interesting.

Posted

30 Nov 2010, 01 Dec 2010 (profile pic) 22nd Dec 2010 and 04 Feb 2012, all other examples of it going right in the modern er@

16th of december 2011 give 4 inches to me in stoke Edited by Chess01

Posted

A strange coincidence to 2000 the same setup on the same date,with the same 9 inches today(stopped now)

And the winter didn`t give much snow at all,freezing rain twice though which was interesting.

9 Inches!!! Good god isnt being on High ground in Winter such a benefit.

Thankfully, out of this region here is usually one of the better for Thunderstorms though. :D