Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I cant believe this hot spell is coming to the end. F&^k the Cool and Wet weather! Bring On the heat!!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I cant believe this hot spell is coming to the end. F&^k the Cool and Wet weather! Bring On the heat!!

good.gif

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

This spell is probably over already as far as Cleadon is concerned- the sea fog that came in this afternoon has lifted into stratocumulus and I don't see this shifting easily over the next two days.

Never really got under-way here on the NE coast with a constant chilly Northeasterly/easterly wind.. Heatwave..what heatwave????

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Certainly was not a heatwave here.. most of the time temperatures were 24C.. not exactly hot is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Contrary to opinions on here I've really enjoyed the recent warm spell, and the nature of my job means I have spent plenty of time outside working, and it has felt bl00dy gorgeous at times, despite a rather keen wind occasionally smile.png A good storm will round it off nicely, but expectations are low, for good reason tease.gif

Edited by Hartle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Watching a big cell to my west. Seems to have grown and grown

Think that has just hit us, 30 minutes of heavy rain and a black sky

Posted

Wind has got up and looks as though it is just going to miss us.

No wind here but the sky went very black and the temp dropped from 20.0c to 13c in 1/2hr, rain eased off now and temp climbing again ,currently 14.7c...looks as if tomorrow could be very wet , hope it clears up for the weekend and Bank Holidays , have my 51st Birthday on Tuesday so would like a BBQ at some pointdrinks.gif

Posted

On reflection this recent hot spell has been the best we've had here for a long time , temps reached a max 28.5c on sunday, but before that we had a good 5/6 days of 25c+...hope the next one comes back soon

Posted

Something on the horizon, could we possibly get some electrical activity from this?

post-5386-0-23270300-1338406493.txt

NW 5min radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

After a wet morning in Workington, its now dry and the cloud is breaking up.

Posted

been raining nearly all day here...knew summer couldn't last

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold winters, anything extreme

Was quite a wet day here yesterday, hoping another warm spell wont be to far away...

Posted

Not the best of June mornings!

Station : B6309 Medomsley

Organisation : Durham County Council

Time : 02.06.2012 11:00 Europe/London

Air Temperature (1) 6.7 °C

Dew Point Temperature (1) 6.3 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'd expected today to be cool but fairly bright- I certainly wasn't expecting such an extensive bank of cloud to become slow-moving.

Posted

I'd expected today to be cool but fairly bright- I certainly wasn't expecting such an extensive bank of cloud to become slow-moving.

That's pretty much what i was hoping for today,certainly not 7c and drizzle!

Posted

Not a bad day so far, some sunny breaks this morning and light winds making for a very pleasant feel. It has clouded over generally this afternoon but the sun always looks like breaking through at anytime. Quite fresh feel with the cool N wind.

Cumbria along with NE England should escape tomorrows rain, especially the further north you are in these parts, but its a tough call, the front could easily edge further north to give a very damp day over the Lake District at least.. we are very much at the margins right here! Looks a very cool day with maxes 11-13 degrees at best compared to last Sunday's maxes of 25-27 degrees... a major major turnaround.

Bank Holiday Monday looks mostly fine with some decent bright/sunny breaks but a cool N wind and temps supressed for the time of year.

Tuesday - better in the east, rain for the west, staying cool over whole region.

A rather dissapointing 3 days ahead, but we will fayre much better than the southern half of the country (well at least NE England which will be one of the driest parts of the whole country).

Next week in the main looks exceptionally poor, rain, cool little sunshine.. the queens jubilee has certainly come a week too late this year..

That's pretty much what i was hoping for today,certainly not 7c and drizzle!

Could be even cooler on Sunday. Not the best day today even for early June in the NE, 10C warmer in parts of Cumbria.

Grey, drizzly and fresh in the breeze.

Edited by Teesdale

Posted

Not an iota of sunshine today, and it's now raining as well.

Tomorrow looks absolutely dreadful here, with the stalling front having been altered northwards. What a contrast this weekend will have been to the one just gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just heard a number of load rumbles outside.... Looking at the radar it can't be thunder? Earthquake? Not sure it's a mystery!

Posted

It's been raining since around midnight and it looks like lasting for hours yet.The final total will be interesting.

Posted

Just patchy drizzle here, I don't think proper rain will get this far north.

Ridiculously cool for early June though. 8C so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

6.9C here and rain is lighter now.. over 13mm though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A rather dissapointing 3 days ahead, but we will fayre much better than the southern half of the country (well at least NE England which will be one of the driest parts of the whole country).

Next week in the main looks exceptionally poor, rain, cool little sunshine.. the queens jubilee has certainly come a week too late this year..

NE England may end up among the driest regions, but Tyneside has also ranked among the coolest and cloudiest so far. It was overcast all day yesterday with some morning drizzle and a high of 10.8C, and today there is a large overhang of cloud from the front to the south and it is only 10.2C. I'm certainly not a subscriber to the "the weather is alright as long as it's dry/settled" line- it may have worked well last weekend but as is so often the case the Bank Holiday weekend is a very different story!

Sunshine and scattered showers tomorrow and as the winds will be west of due north, for once my little corner of Tyneside may not remain completely convection-free. Next week continues grey and wet, maybe brighter/showery next weekend but that's a long way off.