Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Should never go by those, they are never correct, radar watching is the only thing you can do when you are getting imports

Where are you going to be looking from tomorrow, or do you just mean that that's the time to start radar watching ( even if French radar )?

Thanks

Edited by Speed67

Posted

For those of you who missed snow raven's post earlier, or perhaps have difficulty understanding, I've made the important bigger for you to read.

I cannot believe this regional area passed without problems throughout the busy Winter period, but during the usually calming Spring time, I have received numerous PM's (and indeed read the posts myself) regarding some members general attitude being rude, and sometimes off topic (even though they have been pointed in the right direction to voice their opinions) and members leaving the forum.

Please can we post constructive posts from now on, and not posts that clearly rile most members. Any off topic posts, or pointless posts only on here to annoy the majority of members shall be deleted.

Oh, and Anthonyb, could you change your location to where you are currently posting from.

Cheers good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Where are you going to be looking from tomorrow, or do you just mean that that's the time to start radar watching ( even if French radar )?

Thanks

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur - European Radar

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - UK Radar

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html - Cloud structure for Europe

I suggest watching from around 6pm.

Edited by Eskimo

Posted

It looks, from Carol Kirkwood just now, that the potential thundery weather may be in the overnight period tonight / early tomorrow here.

Tomorrow looked a washout on yesterday's forecast; today's forecast shows it looking quite sunny, after early rain - the early rain moving north in a narrowing band.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

It looks, from Carol Kirkwood just now, that the potential thundery weather may be in the overnight period tonight / early tomorrow here.

Tomorrow looked a washout on yesterday's forecast; today's forecast shows it looking quite sunny, after early rain - the early rain moving north in a narrowing band.

That's good, any rain that falls is better to fall overnight, I was also picking that up too, tomorrow afternoon could actually turn quite sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

What a lovely Monday morning - blue sky and sunshine here and it feels quite warm already....and the best thing is....it's my day off good.gif

Posted

Morning all,

What a lovely Monday morning - blue sky and sunshine here and it feels quite warm already....and the best thing is....it's my day off good.gif

Mine too, what a difference blue sky and sunshine makes. Just makes me feel very good.

Could get away with a reasonable day tomorrow from midday as well.

Rain due to fall overnight in London tonight. Fine by me because I'll be sleeping.

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors
Posted

Morning all,

Looks a nice day for it at last! Off to work now myself.cray.gif

You could also use the free radar that we provide - http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

To be honest , I would use our one, but I did also like the cloud structure link that was posted. Very smooth.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Morning all,

Same here - lovely morning and I have annual leave too! biggrin.png

Looking at Coast's latest posts in the storm thread, it looks like there is also scope for heavy showers later with the chance of thunder - so radar watching to come later too good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Same here - lovely morning and I have annual leave too! biggrin.png

Looking at Coast's latest posts in the storm thread, it looks like there is also scope for heavy showers later with the chance of thunder - so radar watching to come later too good.gif

I saw that too - some thunder would be a great end to the day smile.png

Enjoy your annual leave, I'll be working a 10 hour day tomorrow! angel.gif

Posted

I think the key to tonight rain turning thundery, and watching it on SAT24, will be if it can get going in France..And then make it across the channel thundery..We all remember frenchie 1 and 2 spiteful.gif although they weren't thundery..Frenchie 2 produce some of the longest torrential rain I have ever known.

I've never actually heard of anything described as Frenchie 2. When was it? Having said that I can't be sure of having personally experienced a daily rainfall of over 2 inches ( in this country ) for over 30 years, so it may have passed me by.

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Posted

http://www.metoffice...ap&map=Rainfall

Meto also do 15min radar now

Thanks. Hadn't spotted that yet either!

I've never actually heard of anything described as Frenchie 2. When was it? Having said that I can't be sure of having personally experienced a daily rainfall of over 2 inches ( in this country ) for over 30 years, so it may have passed me by.

I can't remember the right date but it was last year, if anybody else wants to correct me or add to please do. Frenchie v2 started over France and moved up over northen France as intense group of thundery rain as it crossed the channel it lost the ability to be etrical. But as it came across England more so southern England central ish it intensified some what and it poured all night! Lol I boy it came down!!! So much so it was like when you camp in a tent and you can hear the rain coming down, only in a house lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I can't remember the right date but it was last year, if anybody else wants to correct me or add to please do. Frenchie v2 started over France and moved up over northen France as intense group of thundery rain as it crossed the channel it lost the ability to be etrical. But as it came across England more so southern England central ish it intensified some what and it poured all night! Lol I boy it came down!!! So much so it was like when you camp in a tent and you can hear the rain coming down, only in a house lol!

22nd August 2011 :)

Posted

Really lovely morning so far! Out with dog over park and coffee outside in london wanstead high street... Beautiful..!

Double doors open in house, breeze and sunshine coming through! Now this is my kind of weather - not hours upon hours of rain waiting for one clap of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Not holding too much hope for tonight and tomorrow's t storm potential.....I fear that if anything does happen I will be too far north.

I shall be glued to the radar anyway.

Beautiful day today....the calm before the storm....or maybe not lol

Posted

22nd August 2011 smile.png

Thanks.

I've just looked at a local website, where someone records stats for Colchester. It appears we had sod all that day. It's not unusual for where I live though for us to miss out on these events.

Posted

Not holding too much hope for tonight and tomorrow's t storm potential.....I fear that if anything does happen I will be too far north.

I shall be glued to the radar anyway.

Beautiful day today....the calm before the storm....or maybe not lol

Well the latest BBC weather also has the heavier precip away from the SE instead the SW and West Midlands look like receiving the most rain!

For me this is welcome news - the less rain the better.

Also London looks like having sunshine from 11am tomorrow - keeping fingers crossed the heavier ppn tonight goes to the west of me.

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Well the latest BBC weather also has the heavier precip away from the SE instead the SW and West Midlands look like receiving the most rain!

For me this is welcome news - the less rain the better.

Also London looks like having sunshine from 11am tomorrow - keeping fingers crossed the heavier ppn tonight goes to the west of me.

To be honest, I know your weather preferences, which I respect, but I personally wouldn't like to have a climate with very little rain outside Autumn and Winter. I can remember one of my first foreign holidays, which was on one of the Aegean islands, in September. On approach to the runway, the island looked like a large brown pancake. The week there had constantly close to gale force winds - the Meltemi was in full swing. The landscape was parched and, to be frank, ugly, in my opinion.

The A12 had issues this morning on my drive to work, so I detoured through some of the villages to the east of it - a bit of a magical mystery tour really, as they are roads I never drive on and I don't use my satnav in that car. It is the time when everything is now coming into leaf. The kind of vibrant green that you only really get in Spring. I also passed through a couple of bluebell woods, which should really be coming into their own in the next couple of days. The rain undoubtedly helps in making these scenes more picturesque.

It reminded me that I must take my camera out early one morning soon too. The trouble being that the crack of dawn is probably about 5:30 now!crazy.gif

Posted

Just a confirmation of the earlier Met Office issued severe weather warning..

Issued at: 1329 on Mon 30 Apr 2012

Valid from: 2100 on Mon 30 Apr 2012

Valid to: 1500 on Tue 1 May 2012

Outbreaks of rain, heavy and possibly thundery, are likely to affect southern England and the southern half of Wales, late on Monday and during Tuesday.

The public should be aware that, following recent heavy rainfall, further localised flooding is possible, and there will also be difficult driving conditions at times. In addition strong northeasterly winds are likely across the Midlands and parts of Wales.

As we move through daylight hours on Tuesday the risk of heavy rain will gradually reduce