Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

16:57 forecast on news 24:

Darren bett very enthusiastic about a warm up in the south next week :-)

About bl**dy time

Yes, I could do with a break in this weather now, although, as I've said, I want a decent summer more. Hot, with spectacular thunderstorms would be ideal, although I appreciate that our most thundery summers are generally our coolest.

Have a good weekend all, whatever the weather. good.gif

Posted

Yes, I could do with a break in this weather now, although, as I've said, I want a decent summer more. Hot, with spectacular thunderstorms would be ideal, although I appreciate that our most thundery summers are generally our coolest.

I know, a hot summer with a mix of sunshine and amazing thunderstorms is like wishing for a 63' winter - lol

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Could see some general rain tonight going by current radar.

Posted

Once we get the wet weather out the way overnight Saturday into Sunday things look like drying up and becomes warmer... So happy!!

As for tomorrows rain and wind and into Sunday it's just going to be another usual wet and windy day for the uk! No hype please

Posted

what I was thinking...Bit earlier for the low I thought that was due Later saturday...

Models never showed this...meaning only thing, development has taken place at a faster pace.

Once we get the wet weather out the way overnight Saturday into Sunday things look like drying up and becomes warmer... So happy!!

As for tomorrows rain and wind and into Sunday it's just going to be another usual wet and windy day for the uk! No hype please

It will be for many, but for the unfortunate it looks to me like there could be some flooding issues. Ground is already saturated, even here where I live (the iconic dust bowl) of Hertfordshire, the ground is ridiculously boggy, any more rain could see river levels rising dramatically.

if you call 13-15 warm thats okay..Considering we had 20-23 in March.. :/

Posted

if you call 13-15 warm thats okay..Considering we had 20-23 in March.. :/

Temps are set to peak at 18c next week in the south.

So not sure where your getting 13-15c from.

We are entering may - so except the fact that it's going to get warmer

Posted

Temps are set to peak at 18c next week in the south.

So not sure where your getting 13-15c from.

We are entering may - so except the fact that it's going to get warmer

May can be a cool month with temperatures suppressed at 15c. May doesn't always get warmer, the weather doesn't work on a calender. In fact March could be warmer than May or June.

Posted

May can be a cool month with temperatures suppressed at 15c. May doesn't always get warmer, the weather doesn't work on a calender. In fact March could be warmer than May or June.

My point is that you are stating temps at 15c when clearly the temp will be pushing 19c next week!

I am well aware that our seasons do not follow suit, but statistically May is warmer than March or April.

Anyway... Looking at the charts- a nice drying out (still some showers) and a warm up is on the cards next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

True. And with the fact May is closer to Summer, too. Clearly though, May can end up cooler than April if let's say the month was dominated by significantly below average temperatures with winds generally between the North-West and North-East. Also, with winds from the North-East, North Sea cloud can become invasive in Eastern/North-Eastern areas, helping to suppress temperatures a bit.

Posted

True. And with the fact May is closer to Summer, too. Clearly though, May can end up cooler than April if let's say the month was dominated by significantly below average temperatures with winds generally between the North-West and North-East. Also, with winds from the North-East, North Sea cloud can become invasive in Eastern/North-Eastern areas, helping to suppress temperatures a bit.

For May 2012 to turn out cooler than April 2012 is going to take some doing considering this April has been one of the coolest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

In autumn yes but its not really that common in April. I'm sure u will be sitting outside in your shorts and t-shirt tho :)

Any warm up will be quite short lived, so I wouldn't get too excited :)

Ah BBC weather and their rubbish graphics....Last nite they showed the rain clearing us by 10am this morning then not starting again til 4pm....but looking at the radar that was a fail.

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

It would have to be a truly horrendous June to end up being cooler than this March. In fact I don't think it could happen, nuclear winter equivalent excepted. I guess you must have meant individual days?

In autumn yes but its not really that common in April. I'm sure u will be sitting outside in your shorts and t-shirt tho smile.png

Any warm up will be quite short lived, so I wouldn't get too excited smile.png

Ah BBC weather and their rubbish graphics....Last nite they showed the rain clearing us by 10am this morning then not starting again til 4pm....but looking at the radar that was a fail.

I tend to think differently; any subsequent cool down will very probably be short lived at this time of year. Optimistic, I know.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

In autumn yes but its not really that common in April. I'm sure u will be sitting outside in your shorts and t-shirt tho :)

Any warm up will be quite short lived, so I wouldn't get too excited :)

Yes BBC weather graphics showed rain over Kent for this time today and midlands dry until later today! Well at the moment the midlands is wet and Kent is dry... Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

At least if May is the changeable month many are predicting then there will be something for everyone.....and less for people to moan about!

Right I'm off to start another weekend of gardening in the rain :)

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

At least if May is the changeable month many are predicting then there will be something for everyone.....and less for people to moan about!

Right I'm off to start another weekend of gardening in the rain smile.png

The fact that I'm posting here means my weekend plans have been affected by the early rain. Oh well!

Posted

Once we get this light rain out of the way, the games can start. The main bulk of precipitation is gaining momentum over Northern Spain and the Biscay region, some embedded thunderstorms can not be ruled out because of where it's being drawn up from.

Posted

dry day!!! its been raining here all day to-night is expected to be very wet and sunday might as well stay in bed!!!

Posted

I may be proved completely wrong, but I find it hard to imagine that it is going to rain from now until tomorrow evening.

We are not talking about a stalled front and in our part of the country a very long spell of rain i.e. more than 12, certainly 18 hours is very unusual. I would have thought it far more likely that the rain would clear early afternoon tomorrow to leave a blustery sun/showers regime. Atm they are only saying that is likely for south-east coastal counties which seems a little unlikely to me. But then what do I know, they are the professionals.

Inicidentally, I have never recorded this number of consecutive substantially wet days before. 12 as at today.

Posted

I may be proved completely wrong, but I find it hard to imagine that it is going to rain from now until tomorrow evening.

We are not talking about a stalled front and in our part of the country a very long spell of rain i.e. more than 12, certainly 18 hours is very unusual. I would have thought it far more likely that the rain would clear early afternoon tomorrow to leave a blustery sun/showers regime. Atm they are only saying that is likely for south-east coastal counties which seems a little unlikely to me. But then what do I know, they are the professionals.

Inicidentally, I have never recorded this number of consecutive substantially wet days before. 12 as at today.

The band of rain is pushing up form the south with continuous precipitation building over the biscay area, it will make little progress west so we will be under a stream of precips for a long time

Posted

Blowing a gale here on the Essex coast. Just done a quick damage check in the garden before total darkness. One small tree down and a fence panel soon to follow by the looks of things. Lights flickering too. I knew it was going to be a bit nasty but this is awful at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

what bloody depressing weather.MK turn it on.............The sunshine that is.